CHILLTOWN_JC

Wife I-130 approved but for Child Recvd NOA.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello All,

I am kind of confused on what to do. My Wife's I-130 was approved, a case number was assigned and I just sent the DS-3032 and the I-864 bill payment, But My Step-Childs I-130 was not approved, I am in the middle of obtaining the addt'l documentation that is being requested. My question is should I just go ahead as planned with my wife petition? Or should I hold on until my step-daughter's I-130 is approved? I don't know whether my step-daughter's case will link up with my wife's case... I'm not sure how the process work but I know at the end there should be only one interview.. Any info is greatley appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello All,

I am kind of confused on what to do. My Wife's I-130 was approved, a case number was assigned and I just sent the DS-3032 and the I-864 bill payment, But My Step-Childs I-130 was not approved, I am in the middle of obtaining the addt'l documentation that is being requested. My question is should I just go ahead as planned with my wife petition? Or should I hold on until my step-daughter's I-130 is approved? I don't know whether my step-daughter's case will link up with my wife's case... I'm not sure how the process work but I know at the end there should be only one interview.. Any info is greatley appreciated.

I take it you got an RFE (request for evidence) for the step-child. If so, it's really just a judgment call you can base on your own priorities. You certainly can hold off on answering NVC until the child's case catches up. How important is it there is only one interview date?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
Hello All,

Hi

I was just wandering what the RFE was that you received. My I-130 and I-129F were both approved the same date but my daughters I-130 is requesting more evidence (still in mail so dont know what they are requesting)

Does the Childs I-130 also need to be approved to enter the states with the mother?

I know on the I-129F the child gets an automatic entrance with the mother on the K3/K4....

Any assistance will help!

Thanks

Sam

Hello All,

Hi

I was just wandering what the RFE was that you received. My I-130 and I-129F were both approved the same date but my daughters I-130 is requesting more evidence (still in mail so dont know what they are requesting)

Does the Childs I-130 also need to be approved to enter the states with the mother?

I know on the I-129F the child gets an automatic entrance with the mother on the K3/K4....

Thanks

Sam

I-130

Mar 27 2007 - Sent to VSC

Mar 28 2007 - VSC Received date on NOA1

Jun 08; 10 2007 - Touched - Case has been received and is Pending

Jul 31 2007 - APPROVAL NOTICE FROM CRIS

Took 125 Days

I-129F

Apr 16 2007 - Sent to CSC

Apr 27 2007 - Received at CSC

May 03 2007 - Cheque Cashed

May 04 2007 - Touched

May 07 2007 - Received NOA1 in mail

May 11;15 2007 - Touched

May 16 2007 - Transfered to VSC

May 17 2007 - Touched (assume this is VSC receiving it)

Jun 07 2007 - Received mail from CRIS - This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred

Jun 08;10 2007 - Touched - Case has been received and is Pending

Jul 31 2007 - APPROVAL NOTICE FROM CRIS

Aug 15 2007 - Collected Pack 3 from Consulate, faxed back all that is needed for them to send out pack 4, made medical appointment

Aug 27 2007 - Medical is Scheduled!

Sept 20 2007 - INTERVIEW!!!!

Took 96 Days!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello All,

Hi

Thanks

Sam

Hello All,

Hi

Thanks

Sam

If the two enter as K3 and K4, the status of the child's I-130 doesn't matter. It will need to be approved before AOS can be approved. If the mother enters on a CR1, then the daughter must enter as CR2. That cannot happen without both petitions being approved.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
Hello All,

Hello Chilltown,

I am in the same situation as you do, my I-130 has been aproved last July, 2, and my kids I-130 still pending. After asking here on VJ, I got my answer, and we decided simply to hold on this one until my kids I-130 get approved, or our I-129F, because if I go further with the NVC process, I will have the visa (CR1) and it is valid for only 6 months, and we don't want to have this time factor messing all up. You can see the scenario, the mom has the visa and she can not use it because the kids or the child has not, and if that happen the whole process will have to start all over again. I would suggest to wait for the child approval, or the I-129F, if you applied for, that way both of them will have the visa.

Good luck,

Andrea

Filed: Timeline

Sam,

Regarding the I-129f petition and K-visa, the child does not get automatic entrance with the mother. No one gets automatic entrance, including the mother.

Nor does the child get an automatic visa with the mother, the child has to apply for and be granted a visa just as the mother does.

What the child does get is the ability to apply for the K4 visa without needing to be petitioned on their own. Approval of the petition for the mother qualifies the child to apply for a visa along with the mother.

The child's I-130 petition will need to be approved before the child's application to adjust status can be approved, but it does not need to be approved for the child to apply to adjust.

Yodrak

Hi

Thanks

Sam

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hello All,

Hello Chilltown,

I am in the same situation as you do, my I-130 has been aproved last July, 2, and my kids I-130 still pending. After asking here on VJ, I got my answer, and we decided simply to hold on this one until my kids I-130 get approved, or our I-129F, because if I go further with the NVC process, I will have the visa (CR1) and it is valid for only 6 months, and we don't want to have this time factor messing all up. You can see the scenario, the mom has the visa and she can not use it because the kids or the child has not, and if that happen the whole process will have to start all over again. I would suggest to wait for the child approval, or the I-129F, if you applied for, that way both of them will have the visa.

Good luck,

Andrea

Andrea I wonder why you think you must wait for childs I-130.

Why not go ahead and process the mothers i-130. She can do her interview, and if there is any problem with the interview, deal with any rfe generated.

Even if the mother is approved and gets visa, there is 6 months before she must enter the USA so she can wait on her child.

Worst case, you get near the end of the 6 months, fly the mother home and process her entrance visa, and then fly her right back to china to wait for her child.

The cost of 1 round trip ticket would be less than the cost of re-applying, and certainly less stressful.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

im in the same boat mY I-130 is aproved and my daughter is still pending so im going to wait till hers is aproved and them follow thru with the NVC,. IM CANCELING MY I-129F AS WELL. GOOD LUCK

well i havent been on for 6 months but im back!

[quote

Hi

Thanks

Sam

I've just gone through a similar situation with my stepson's RFE. They needed his birth certificate - duh. Hard to believe but the I-130 actually doesn't specify that document as required to prove a step-child relationship. But, when you think about it how can they approve this petition without it? They need something to verify the legal name and age. I think it is just an oversight in the design of the form instructions. On a different note, I have my stepson's petition moving on to NVC having cleared the RFE, but my wife's I-130 was sent to the National Records Center instead. In the process of correcting that error now and hoping that everything will sync up at NVC.

2007-01-19 Marriage

2007-10-15 K3/K4 Issued in Moscow

2008-04-17 Permanent Resident Card issued in Chicago

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I HAVE JUST FINISHED THE WHOLE PROCESS.

My step son was actually about three weeks ahead of my wife with reguard to the CR1/CR2 process. We held off filing the AOS until my wife's 130 was approved because under the old payment plan you only needed to pay one $70 AOS filing fee. (one sponsor one fee) We proceeded ahead with all the steps to the DS 230 for my stepson and then my wife and the NVC tied them together after they both received 130 approval. The child is listed on the mothers form and the mother on the child's form. Unless there is a serious problem the is so much processing time at the NVC that they will catch up to one another and NVC will merge them. If there is a problem you can delay filing the DS230 until the approvals catch up to one another. If you become overly concerned call the NVC and they will confirm that the cases are tied to one another.

A interesting note the NVC required to us to file all orginal documents with the DS230 submission and to submit the orginal custody documents with the DS 230 for my stepson.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ukraine

Marriage : 2006-12-12

I130/CR1

I-130 Sent : 2006-12-19

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-01-06

I-130 Approved : 2007-04-19

NVC Received : 2007-05-01

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : May 14 2007

Pay I-864 Bill Received and Marked Paid May 30 2007 Shorcut not used..but one $70 fee paid for both CR1 and CR2

Receive I-864 Package : June 4 2007

I-864 Receivd at NVC June 7 2007 Used Shortcut Successfully I-864 Approved 6-18-07

Return Completed DS-3032 : Three failed e-mail attempts DS-3032 received 8 June 2007 Completed June 11, 2007

Receive IV Bill : Generated 6-18-07 Received June 29, 2007

Pay IV Bill : Paid 2 July 2007, Posted at NVC 9 July, 2007

Receive Instruction Package : 16 July DS 230 submitted using Shortcuts

Case Completed at NVC : 15 August 2007

NVC Left : 12 Sep 2007

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 17 Oct 2007

Visa Received : 17 Oct 2007

US Entry : est 3 Nov 2007 @ 7:22 pm LosAngeles

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 121

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQxJkRhdGUrb2YrSTEzMCtOT0ExJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmbCYwJjYmMSYyMDA3JjEyJjAmNDU0OTA2MDAxMTc5ODgyOTU4Lic=.gif

THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS NO...UNTIL YOU ASK!

Michael & Elena

Bakesfield, CA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.