AOSFairfax

Washington DC AOS Filers

447 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Our interview was scheduled for March 19th! Hopefully this is the home stretch. 

Married since 3/10/2017

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131

04/12/2019: Mailed package via USPS 

04/15/2019: Priority Date/Package received

04/22/2019: Text Message and Checks cashed

04/26/2019: NOA1 hard copy

05/03/2019: Biometrics Letter

05/06/2019: Recieved RFE (forgot co-sponsors proof of citizenship on I-864)

05/07/2019: Sent Response to RFE

05/13/2019: Response to RFE received by USCIS

05/14/2019: Biometrics completed

05/23/2019: I-693 courtesy letter

06/06/2019: Requested EAD Expedite

06/11/2019: Faxed Proof of Financial Loss to USCIS

07/29/2019: Case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview”

02/12/2029: Case status updated to show interview was scheduled

03/19/2020: Interview date

Timeline

PD: May 28, 2019.

We’re in the “Waiting for interview scheduled” status since late October 2019 so we’re close to the 4 month mark of this status. DC is terribly slow (we’re in northern VA) and going over the holidays doesn’t help.  Thankfully we got my wife’s EAD/AP combo card within 5.5 months of filing.

21 hours ago, DWolf said:

We’re in the “Waiting for interview scheduled” status since late October 2019 so we’re close to the 4 month mark of this status. DC is terribly slow (we’re in northern VA) and going over the holidays doesn’t help.  Thankfully we got my wife’s EAD/AP combo card within 5.5 months of filing.

I think from the post above it looks like they are scheduling Interviews for April filers. Probably you will hear from them in march or soon?  

Hi everyone! Just wanted to update you all - we had our interview today and were approved on the spot. All in all it was pretty easy and the officer was super nice. We got the email notification that the card was in production about a half hour after we left.

Also I thought I'd let people know that the parking just across the street from the building is free for the first three hours although it's fairly small so it might fill up quickly but if your interview is in the morning you shouldn't have too many issues with that.

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
9 minutes ago, AOSFairfax said:

Hi everyone! Just wanted to update you all - we had our interview today and were approved on the spot. All in all it was pretty easy and the officer was super nice. We got the email notification that the card was in production about a half hour after we left.

Also I thought I'd let people know that the parking just across the street from the building is free for the first three hours although it's fairly small so it might fill up quickly but if your interview is in the morning you shouldn't have too many issues with that.

Great news. So it seems the 1 year wait seem roughly on point. Meaning I have quite a long way to go yet!

L1-B & L2 to AOS (EB3 skilled)

Northern Virginia (DC Office)

22nd November 2019: NOA1 received

18th December 2019: Biometrics completed

23rd December 2019: Transferred to NBC

28th February 2020: Ready for interview

3rd March 2020: i-797C stating interview scheduled for April 7th

<--- Interviews cancelled due to Covid --->

20th October 2020 - i-797C stating permanent residence approved (Welcome to the United States of America)

31st October 2020 - Both green cards in hand!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, AOSFairfax said:

Congrats! How was the interview?

Married since 3/10/2017

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131

04/12/2019: Mailed package via USPS 

04/15/2019: Priority Date/Package received

04/22/2019: Text Message and Checks cashed

04/26/2019: NOA1 hard copy

05/03/2019: Biometrics Letter

05/06/2019: Recieved RFE (forgot co-sponsors proof of citizenship on I-864)

05/07/2019: Sent Response to RFE

05/13/2019: Response to RFE received by USCIS

05/14/2019: Biometrics completed

05/23/2019: I-693 courtesy letter

06/06/2019: Requested EAD Expedite

06/11/2019: Faxed Proof of Financial Loss to USCIS

07/29/2019: Case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview”

02/12/2029: Case status updated to show interview was scheduled

03/19/2020: Interview date

On 2/21/2020 at 3:31 PM, oztousa said:

Congrats! How was the interview?

Thank you!!

The interview was pretty easy and lasted about 20-25 minutes. The officer was thorough but really nice. She swore us in and then explained how the interview was going to go and asked us if we had any new documents to provide. I said yes and while I pulled them out, she casually asked us when we met, when our relationship got serious, and when the proposal was. It didn't really feel like an interview because she asked us very few direct questions and it was more like a conversation. I handed her all the updated documents that we had for the I-864 (new pay stubs, W-2s etc..) and new evidence of bona fide marriage. She took all the new documents I had brought. As I was handing her all the docs, we casually chatted about them, like trips we had taken (we talked about how X place was a beautiful city for example), who was in what pictures, our families (if they've visited us, when we met each other's families) etc. Then she went through the I-485 form and updated a couple of things as necessary. Finally she had me answer all the standard "are you a criminal" type questions. Right after this, she explained she would have to update some things in the system but that she would be approving us and explained how ROC etc works. Even though we knew that our case was very straightforward, we did not expect to get approved right away, because I feel like for most of the experiences I read on here for the Fairfax office, almost none of them got an on the spot approval. So of course we were so happy and then we got the email notification of new card in production within half an hour after we left!

AOS Timeline

ROC Timeline:

On 2/21/2020 at 11:37 AM, melus said:

Great news. So it seems the 1 year wait seem roughly on point. Meaning I have quite a long way to go yet!

Thank you! Yeah I would say that right now the 1 year seems accurate.. I remember when I submitted the application the estimated wait time was about 7 months lol It would be nice if it would go back to that haha

AOS Timeline

ROC Timeline:

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AOSFairfax said:

Thank you! Yeah I would say that right now the 1 year seems accurate.. I remember when I submitted the application the estimated wait time was about 7 months lol It would be nice if it would go back to that haha

Yeah not ideal but it is what it is. My L1 and wife's L2 is still good till Nov 2021, and we would be extending our EAD/AP after that so we're still covered. Just annoying having to be in limbo like this for so long!

20th October 2020 - i-797C stating permanent residence approved (Welcome to the United States of America)

21 minutes ago, melus said:

Yeah not ideal but it is what it is. My L1 and wife's L2 is still good till Nov 2021, and we would be extending our EAD/AP after that so we're still covered. Just annoying having to be in limbo like this for so long!

ah that's good to hear! yeah it's so frustrating to be in limbo, especially waiting for the EAD to come. Good luck to you guys!!

AOS Timeline

ROC Timeline:

On 2/23/2020 at 8:39 PM, AOSFairfax said:

Thank you!!

The interview was pretty easy and lasted about 20-25 minutes. The officer was thorough but really nice. She swore us in and then explained how the interview was going to go and asked us if we had any new documents to provide. I said yes and while I pulled them out, she casually asked us when we met, when our relationship got serious, and when the proposal was. It didn't really feel like an interview because she asked us very few direct questions and it was more like a conversation. I handed her all the updated documents that we had for the I-864 (new pay stubs, W-2s etc..) and new evidence of bona fide marriage. She took all the new documents I had brought. As I was handing her all the docs, we casually chatted about them, like trips we had taken (we talked about how X place was a beautiful city for example), who was in what pictures, our families (if they've visited us, when we met each other's families) etc. Then she went through the I-485 form and updated a couple of things as necessary. Finally she had me answer all the standard "are you a criminal" type questions. Right after this, she explained she would have to update some things in the system but that she would be approving us and explained how ROC etc works. Even though we knew that our case was very straightforward, we did not expect to get approved right away, because I feel like for most of the experiences I read on here for the Fairfax office, almost none of them got an on the spot approval. So of course we were so happy and then we got the email notification of new card in production within half an hour after we left!

Thank you for sharing the details! And congratulations on getting approved! 

On 2/19/2020 at 10:15 PM, DWolf said:

Hey, any updates of interview being scheduled at your end?

Timeline

One thing that I was wondering. MY AOS case still shows as "We will assign your case to an officer.   We will review your case and mail you our decision. If we need more information, we will notify you. " - Does this mean an officer has yet to even start looking at my file?

11 hours ago, melus said:

One thing that I was wondering. MY AOS case still shows as "We will assign your case to an officer.   We will review your case and mail you our decision. If we need more information, we will notify you. " - Does this mean an officer has yet to even start looking at my file?

Have you talked to the tier 2 USCIS officer to explain it to you? They might be able to explain better in regard what this exactly means 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.