AOSFairfax

Washington DC AOS Filers

447 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ireneslk said:

Hi, just wanna update you guys with my newly scheduled interview timeline, hope you'll find it helpful:

07/16/19 PD

08/14/19 Fingerprint appointment

08/15/19 Fingerprint Review Was Completed (485)

08/15/19 Fingerprint Review Was Completed (765)

9/17/19 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

9/22/20 Interview was scheduled 

10/5/20 Interview notice received in mail

10/28/20 Interview Day (Fairfax office)

Yowza. So almost exactly one year to the day.

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

1 hour ago, ireneslk said:

Hi, just wanna update you guys with my newly scheduled interview timeline, hope you'll find it helpful:

07/16/19 PD

08/14/19 Fingerprint appointment

08/15/19 Fingerprint Review Was Completed (485)

08/15/19 Fingerprint Review Was Completed (765)

9/17/19 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview 

9/22/20 Interview was scheduled 

10/5/20 Interview notice received in mail

10/28/20 Interview Day (Fairfax office)

Was your initial interview cancelled? If yes, when was it scheduled for?

1 hour ago, beefmaster2 said:

Was your initial interview cancelled? If yes, when was it scheduled for?

This is the only interview I got scheduled for - don't have an initial one to cancel.

Timeline

*sigh*

So we had our make-up interview on Sept 27th (first one cancelled due to COVID).  I was a little concerned about my wife's Medical Exam because we did it in August 2019 and there is conflicting data on whether it is valid for 1-year or 2-years.  We didn't have time to submit it with the initial paperwork in May 2019.

So the first thing our officer points out was the medical exam is no longer valid because it has to be within a year.  I tell him that I talked to customer service and they said it was still valid and their online info says it's valid for two years.  He insists it's a "flat policy" and was pretty apologetic about it.  Nice guy.  I asked if we could talk to a supervisor about an exemption or something (I'm a fellow Fed too so I know there are always alternatives) but he said no.  Anyways, we did complete the Interview and he said he'd approve the I-130, which he did later that afternoon and we got the slip already.  He gave us a RFE on the spot to deliver the new exam straight to the Washington DC office.

We re-did the exam with the same doctor and everything and mailed it in Express about two weeks ago.  They received it on 10/1.  From what I recall, the officer said that he should wrap everything up ASAP and that if we didn't see a change within 30 days, to call customer service and try to talk to Tier 2 officer.

Anyone has experience with sending stuff direct to the office?  How quick was their turn-around?

This stupid Medical Exam nonsense....USCIS needs to be more clear and actually train their customer service reps.

2 hours ago, DWolf said:

*sigh*

So we had our make-up interview on Sept 27th (first one cancelled due to COVID).  I was a little concerned about my wife's Medical Exam because we did it in August 2019 and there is conflicting data on whether it is valid for 1-year or 2-years.  We didn't have time to submit it with the initial paperwork in May 2019.

So the first thing our officer points out was the medical exam is no longer valid because it has to be within a year.  I tell him that I talked to customer service and they said it was still valid and their online info says it's valid for two years.  He insists it's a "flat policy" and was pretty apologetic about it.  Nice guy.  I asked if we could talk to a supervisor about an exemption or something (I'm a fellow Fed too so I know there are always alternatives) but he said no.  Anyways, we did complete the Interview and he said he'd approve the I-130, which he did later that afternoon and we got the slip already.  He gave us a RFE on the spot to deliver the new exam straight to the Washington DC office.

We re-did the exam with the same doctor and everything and mailed it in Express about two weeks ago.  They received it on 10/1.  From what I recall, the officer said that he should wrap everything up ASAP and that if we didn't see a change within 30 days, to call customer service and try to talk to Tier 2 officer.

Anyone has experience with sending stuff direct to the office?  How quick was their turn-around?

This stupid Medical Exam nonsense....USCIS needs to be more clear and actually train their customer service reps.

So weird, even the USCIS policy manual implies that the medical is valid for 2 years: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-4

image.png.12ddbe9a65eeee2ddc4f607ae9b07cd4.png

6 hours ago, DWolf said:

*sigh*

Man that really sucks. Sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed they move fast!

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

Timeline
17 hours ago, beefmaster2 said:

So weird, even the USCIS policy manual implies that the medical is valid for 2 years: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-4

image.png.12ddbe9a65eeee2ddc4f607ae9b07cd4.png

Yup - so I quoted this policy to the officer and even had called USCIS who said the 2 year mark during the middle of the summer. 

Our officer was insistent that the 1 year is a "flat policy".  I didn't want to fuss much but feel I should've pushed back more or asked to see the "flat policy" that he is deriving his guidance from.

@DWolf How did your SO come here? I assume it wasn't a K1? I wonder if that somehow changes the policy as all the posts I have seen about the two year rule seem to be K1 maybe just a coincidence.

56 minutes ago, TreyH said:

@DWolf How did your SO come here? I assume it wasn't a K1? I wonder if that somehow changes the policy as all the posts I have seen about the two year rule seem to be K1 maybe just a coincidence.

I see you filed in Sept, have you had your interview yet?

31 minutes ago, TreyH said:

Sadly no and my guesstimate is December or January :( 

Wow, I don't understand the order they schedule these interviews in. When did you get the status "ready to schedule for interview"?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Has anyone got the interviews scheduled for November in DC ? My status has been saying "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" for a month and a half. Thanks a lot, guys.

1 hour ago, IlyaM said:

Has anyone got the interviews scheduled for November in DC ? My status has been saying "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" for a month and a half. Thanks a lot, guys.

Mine has been like that 5 months so...

3 hours ago, beefmaster2 said:

Wow, I don't understand the order they schedule these interviews in. When did you get the status "ready to schedule for interview"?

November 13th 2019 so almost a year ago so I would say you as well as @IlyaM have much longer to wait unless something changed drastically. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, TreyH said:

November 13th 2019 so almost a year ago so I would say you as well as @IlyaM have much longer to wait unless something changed drastically. 

But have you got EAD?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.