AlbanX

NOA2 on April 2 / Still no word from NVC

17 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I received my approval notice from USCIS on April 2 however I still haven anything from NVC. I've called NVC multiple times and they told me that they normally get cases from USCIS within 6 weeks. I also contacted USCIS and they are telling me that it can take up to 90 days for them to send the case to NVC

Is this normal or something is up?

1 hour ago, AlbanX said:

Hi guys,

I received my approval notice from USCIS on April 2 however I still haven anything from NVC. I've called NVC multiple times and they told me that they normally get cases from USCIS within 6 weeks. I also contacted USCIS and they are telling me that it can take up to 90 days for them to send the case to NVC

Is this normal or something is up?

18 minutes ago, Ginwill said:

hi same here i was approved on april 11th

i am still waiting

Currently it's been taking USCIS 2-4 weeks for USCIS to send the file to NVC. Then it's been taking about 2-3 weeks for NVC to assign the case number. Then it's taking another 2-3 weeks depending on the Embassy to receive your case and set your status to a ready condition. Your mileage may vary! 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

35 minutes ago, AlbanX said:

It’s been longer than 4 weeks and NVC hasn’t even gotten it. It’s been 71 days actually. NVC told me they would know the moment they get the case.

Then you may want to pickup the phone and make that call. Some cases take longer then others. It's also not uncommon to have a case collecting dust and a phone call may just be what the Doctor ordered. What do you think?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

22 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Then you may want to pickup the phone and make that call. Some cases take longer then others. It's also not uncommon to have a case collecting dust and a phone call may just be what the Doctor ordered. What do you think?

Like I mentioned in the first comment, I've called them several times. 

1 hour ago, AlbanX said:

Like I mentioned in the first comment, I've called them several times. 

Like I've said in many of my comments; Good for you. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

April 26 NOA2 received here, for a K-1 petition going through CSC, and in a similar circumstance of nothing yet received from NVC.

I have just recently been in contact with the NVC and they told me to go the NVCResearch@state.gov route (scanning NOA2 etc.) and they will try and figure out where the petition has ended up.  I also emailed the NVCInquiry mailbox about a week ago and have not heard back on that.

I haven't contacted USCIS yet.  Is it worth doing so in this time frame? It has been more than 45 days since the NOA2 date, but not the more than 90 days that USCIS seems to claim it sometimes takes them to forward a case.  But it also seems 90% of cases in the VJ Timelines with a similar NOA2 date have made it to NVC far sooner (1-3 weeks), most with interview dates already.  So a little frustrating.

I also noticed that my NOA2 receipt number is the same as the NOA1 receipt number -- not sure if that is regular or not.  When checking that receipt number in the USCIS automated online system, it only shows "received your case" and information from the NOA1.  So I have a hunch that USCIS has not yet sent it or it is collecting dust somewhere.

Hoping someone has some ideas (and thanks Greenbaum as you seem to be the authority in every thread I search on this topic!).

1 minute ago, tim427 said:

I haven't contacted USCIS yet.  Is it worth doing so in this time frame? It has been more than 45 days since the NOA2 date, but not the more than 90 days that USCIS seems to claim it sometimes takes them to forward a case.  But it also seems 90% of cases in the VJ Timelines with a similar NOA2 date have made it to NVC far sooner (1-3 weeks), most with interview dates already.  So a little frustrating.

It is very frustrating! :(

I have called USCIS several times and they keep telling me that it can take up to 90 days for them to forward the case. Meanwhile, have sent the scanned copy like you to NVCresearch and haven't heard from them yet. 

I guess it's our karma that we have to wait this long...

8 hours ago, tim427 said:

April 26 NOA2 received here, for a K-1 petition going through CSC, and in a similar circumstance of nothing yet received from NVC.

I have just recently been in contact with the NVC and they told me to go the NVCResearch@state.gov route (scanning NOA2 etc.) and they will try and figure out where the petition has ended up.  I also emailed the NVCInquiry mailbox about a week ago and have not heard back on that.

I also noticed that my NOA2 receipt number is the same as the NOA1 receipt number -- not sure if that is regular or not.  When checking that receipt number in the USCIS automated online system, it only shows "received your case" and information from the NOA1.  So I have a hunch that USCIS has not yet sent it or it is collecting dust somewhere.

Hoping someone has some ideas (and thanks Greenbaum as you seem to be the authority in every thread I search on this topic!).

Oh my lord!! Where do I began. Lets give it another week.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, tim427 said:

See the below post for my update:

Thanks Tim.

I got an email from NVCResearch a week ago stating that they had my our petition. I have been calling NVC on the phone ever day and they are telling me that it's not on the system yet. I also got a couple of emails from NVCResearch after that, from different representatives, stating that they haven't gotten it.

It's very frustrating. I mean, you can track a package from one continent to another and they can't seem to give clear answers for a package that has been approved for almost 3 months.

Best,

Alban

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.