9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unless there are major problems with you obtaining a Fiance Visa then the USC sponsor should be able to do it themselves potentially with advise and guidance from this group.  In fact, unless there are significant complicating issues most people on this site can relate stories where lawyers have made the whole process more difficult or take longer.  The members here are incredibly helpful and all donate their time and knowledge in the pursuit of helping those need assistance with the immigration process.  That said they will all be quick to recommend that you consult an attorney when they feel that the issues require it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Not familiar with Colorado immigration lawyers, but I am sure you can Google and get some reviews if you absolutely need or want one.  I though, agree with @JE57, unless you have a tough case such as a fiancé that is barred from the US, or criminal history, lawyers generally just take your money to fill out forms and you still have to gather and get all the information to them.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I read your other post... You are holding passport from Egypt and living in Saudi Arabia.  Your USC Financee is 19 years older than you but you have met her twice in person.  You have been denied a tourist visa 4 times.    A lawyer is in my opinion not necessary or helpful.  Your USC future wife can fill out and file the application for a K-1 visa.  YOU CAN NOT FILE she must do it!   She can do that without a lawyer there are guides on the website and plenty of people on this website more than willing to help her.   Your Tourist visas were most likely denied because of insufficient ties to your home country or the country that you reside in.   Having a USC girlfriend makes it more likely to have a denial on a tourist visa as she is a strong reason for you to potentially overstay your tourist visa.   However,  the tourist visa denials will not have a negative effect on your future wife's application for a K-1 visa or your ability to get that visa.. .UNLESS you were not completely honest on your application for a K-1 visa in which case you may have really big problems in the future.   

-

Now, as for the K-1...  You have a couple things that could make it challenging for you to obtain a visa.  From the country you are living in it is not normal for the woman to be 19 years older than her future husband.   That doesn't mean you don't have a real relationship but it will mean that your application will likely be subject to additional scrutiny.  Additionally applying for 4 tourist visas especially if a few of them were before you met / knew her would add further suspicion about your intentions and the legitimacy of your relationship.  

-

So... How will your future wife address these potential challenges...    The first and most important is to be honest and for both of you to try to take a very critical look at your relationship.  Try to understand why others might think it was not real and provide evidence to address that doubt.   The way you provide that evidence is to do so called 'front-loading' of the 129F petition that your future wife will file.   SHE would provide pictures, receipts documents and relavant evidence in a way that would help an Immigration officer see the totality of the strenghth of your relationship.  

-

Super important is that your future wife needs to do this and she can and should register on here for guidance and help

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Check out the legal aid advertisements in the VJ Guides section for possible immigration attorneys in your area. 

This is primarily a Do-it-Yourself (DIY) site, not an immigration lawyer referral site. Perhaps a forum member may have a Colorado lawyer contact.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya (火龙果)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

There are samples under guides tabs. 

Why isn’t your US fiancée doing all this? Looks a bit desperate on your side. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.