2,900 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

@FeDaniela I was ask to bring my divorce decree to my interview on 8/14 including his birth certificate.

So I agreed with you too!

We know Divorce have no effect on our VAWA Petition, But my questions is if someone have the experience I will like to be clear too, how about our I-485 case ??? I-485 and I-360 are two different process and have their own requirements, Our AOS  will be base on an approve I-360 petition where it was grant to us base on proving an abuse existed. How will impact our AOS interview if we are not divorce yet from our abuser?? Can this raise a red flag to IO officer ?? Anyone had I-485 interview base on approved I-360 and it was still married at the moment of the interview??? 

13 minutes ago, carieme said:

hello dear ones,thanx fro sharing,i have read alot and found am out of time line.

I applied for VAWA  in Feb 2017 at the time had an interview with my abuser but appeared with my attorney and everything was put on hold till my VAWA approval,I received the primas  ceveral times and 2EADs without anyproblem,in Feb they asked for a document and i sent it immediately,,March i got anotherEAD that i had applied for in  january of which am using till now.

last week while in hospital and still on bed as i write this,i received a call from my attorney that my card has arrived and was like i havent applied for a new card and she said EAD,i dint say much but all this doesnt sound normal to me though have been getting everythin on time,i feel have waited for so long,

anyone with same story,view or advise,

Thanx all,

The new card that have arrived could be EAD C31 base on your approved VAWA since you renew C09 EAD on january 2019 and arrived in March 2019 very fast by the way!!! Ask you lawyer to check the category but pretty sure is C31 Congratulations VAWA is approved.

3 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

We know Divorce have no effect on our VAWA Petition, But my questions is if someone have the experience I will like to be clear too, how about our I-485 case ??? I-485 and I-360 are two different process and have their own requirements, Our AOS  will be base on an approve I-360 petition where it was grant to us base on proving an abuse existed. How will impact our AOS interview if we are not divorce yet from our abuser?? Can this raise a red flag to IO officer ?? Anyone had I-485 interview base on approved I-360 and it was still married at the moment of the interview??? 

If anyone needs you to be divorced from your spouse (for your own good) it will be Vermont! Adjusting status based on an approved i360..does not demand you should be divorced from your abuser..even though like you said earlier, it is expected! A few days ago..someone who's still married to their abuser stated they went for their interview and got their Greencard already..so I don't think that's an issue for deliberation! A number of factors can delay or discourage you from having a divorce immediately of which I'm sure the officers understand! There's no aos without an approved i360! If you have an approved i360, and you meet all other requirements for the aos, your greencard is sure!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 minute ago, FeDaniela said:

The new card that have arrived could be EAD C31 base on your approved VAWA since you renew C09 EAD on january 2019 and arrived in March 2019 very fast by the way!!! Ask you lawyer to check the category but pretty sure is C31 Congratulations VAWA is approved.

ooh I hope so,she told me EAD then i said which one coz i have one already then she said work permit,am not sure if she checked everything but i wonder how they could send me two work authorizations  in months n withought applying.

Thanx for this, when i get off bed will go check n will bring the updates though it has been a long wait

9 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

God got you honey! HE sees every tear that drops..hears every unspoken words!🙏 HIS love❤ is gentle as silence! And LOL at convent! I actually grew up in a convent school! My folks where scared I was gonna be a nun..took me out real fast..said they would love for me to get married and have kids someday...now look..👎but it's fine...I totally resign myself to the most HIGH!🙏

I hear you loud and clear. As a little girl, I dreamed of my Prince Charming, how we would do everything together, and grow old together, and this might sound corny, but I truly believed in endless love, I never saw this coming, and I kept giving him a second chance, a third chance, a fourth, a fifth, until after I was hospitalized one time (9 weeks after I gave birth to our youngest, go figure), I realized he would never change. Again, all I can ask everyone to do for me, is thank God for my life, that's all. I came out alive, with my precious children, I have my sanity and my peace of mind, thank you God!!🙏

God bless you sis 🙂

1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

YES!!! The August crew!!!👑👑👑😘💕❤ HBD mate!💥💫🌟🌟💥 lots if blessings!!

Blessings to you and all the good people out here. 😘 I am very new here but very glad i found you. Lots of valuable information here. I would also like to ask for your advise here if i may... Vawa approved on January 7, 2019, the EAD expires in December, still didn't receive any interview/courtesy letter. So, should i apply for the EAD renewal just to be sure, or wait? Thanks in advance.

29 minutes ago, carieme said:

hello dear ones,thanx fro sharing,i have read alot and found am out of time line.

I applied for VAWA  in Feb 2017 at the time had an interview with my abuser but appeared with my attorney and everything was put on hold till my VAWA approval,I received the primas  ceveral times and 2EADs without anyproblem,in Feb they asked for a document and i sent it immediately,,March i got anotherEAD that i had applied for in  january of which am using till now.

last week while in hospital and still on bed as i write this,i received a call from my attorney that my card has arrived and was like i havent applied for a new card and she said EAD,i dint say much but all this doesnt sound normal to me though have been getting everythin on time,i feel have waited for so long,

Thanx all,

Get well soon honey!🙏 wow Feb 2017! But looks like your case has been approved..the EAD should be C31 if you keep track of your online status you may find it says card production! Next approval update and it goes real smooth from there! God be with you dear!💕💕💕🙏🙏🙏🙏

Edited by Stillwinning!!!😊

Timeline
1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Get well soon honey!🙏 wow Feb 2017! But looks like your case has been approved..the EAD should be C31 if you keep track of your online status you may find it days card production! Next approval update and it goes real smooth from there! God be with you dear!💕💕💕🙏🙏🙏🙏

Thanx alot,i hope and will confirm this soon.AMEN

1 minute ago, flyup123 said:

Blessings to you and all the good people out here. 😘 I am very new here but very glad i found you. Lots of valuable information here. I would also like to ask for your advise here if i may... Vawa approved on January 7, 2019, the EAD expires in December, still didn't receive any interview/courtesy letter. So, should i apply for the EAD renewal just to be sure, or wait? Thanks in advance.

you should apply hun..because with USCIS you just never know! Afterall I've seen someone here who got approved in April and all set for their interview in August! While some folks have been waiting forever...take all precautions LOL! It's not a loss..whenever the interview is scheduled all good and fine!

1 minute ago, carieme said:

😘🙏

28 minutes ago, carieme said:

Thanx all,

Get well soon dear! It seemed like a long battle. Are you still living together with your spouse at the time of the interview that's why he went also? Did the officers interview you together or separate?  How did the interview go? I am going to attend my interview soon, hoping they will hold the pending case pending vawa approval also. :(

Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

you should apply hun..because with USCIS you just never know! Afterall I've seen someone here who got approved in April and all set for their interview in August! While some folks have been waiting forever...take all precautions LOL! It's not a loss..whenever the interview is scheduled all good and fine!

You see, that's what i'm talking about! :))) - A good advice, because there is no use from my attorney, i emailed her to ask when she thinks i should apply- crickets! And if i call i only talk to her clerk because she is always "busy" And i haven't bothered her since January, with not even one single question, because i get it that she has lots like me, but common, have the courtesy to reply or give at least an update once in 6 months if you had the guts to ask for a full payment ahead.

THANK YOU!

2 hours ago, sandranj said:

I am glad you stopped the circle of abuse. Do not look back. He fell short of God's command,  and I am sure the eternal fire prepared for the devil will make him truly repent, but it's too late,lol. Speak against domestic violence!!!!

@sandranj Yes!! You hit the nail on the head!!! He is suffering for sure, as God Almighty has stolen his peace.

I truly appreciate you dear Sandra, God bless you abundantly for all you've been doing and are still doing, giving voice to many who have no voice, thank you😇

Timeline
4 minutes ago, carieme said:

This is what i find when i go check my status right now.

It reads On July,25th ,2019,we mailed your new card for your Form I-360..... to the address you gave us, if not received byAugust 9,2019....

Could this be the approval...oooh God

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.