JoshClark

i-751 waiver - Ex wife asking for a Affidavit support letter

10 posts in this topic

hello everyone, I need your help please, My ex wife is asking me for an affidavit support letter to testify about our good faith marriage. Any tipsor suggestions on how to write the letter, like how long does it have to be, notarized?, what kind of details to include. Thanks in advanced. 

Edited by JoshClark

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

In what context? Removal of conditions?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

She does not need an affidavit from you. She needs to apply for ROC with a divorce waiver. Nothing is needed from you.

If you want to provide her a letter stating that the marriage was entered in good faith, you can if that is true. But an affidavit of support is not needed by her.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you want to do an affidavit of support for ROC that she could take to a court using it for financial support????

i wouldn't

i would say we were truly in love when we married and both of us are sorry the marriage didn't work out 

sample of affadivit letter is online just google it

1st paragraph is name and address, etc

2nd says what you want to say that your marriage is bona fida

not hard to do one / just get it signed in front of a notary

Edited by adil-rafa

OP just has the terminology wrong, and you guys are misinterpreting what he is saying.

OP you don't need a specific format.  If you want to help your ex-wife with a letter stating your marriage was genuine you may do so.  Just do it in your own words.  It doesn't need to be notarized but likely it would gain slightly more weight because at least then the IO will know that YOU signed it and she didn't just draft a random letter. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Here is an example. Write a few paragraphs, one or two pages total:

- Pupose of letter

- How you met

- How/why you got married

- Relationship during marriage, things you did together

- Why the relationship didn't work, why you decided to get divorced

- Write the conclusion stating that the marriage was entered into in good faith, and that you support her removal of conditions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.