9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Please my husband and i got married on the 17th of April but we signed our marriage certificate on the 16th of April, now we're about to start the filling process. What date should we use on all of the documents?

All responses are welcomed.

Thank you

The date you submit the petition is fine.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Agbeko&Tina said:

i meant we got married on the 17th but signed the marriage certificate which is also dated on the 16th

Please what do you suggest we do ?

The date on the marriage certificate 

YMMV

1 hour ago, Agbeko&Tina said:

i meant we got married on the 17th but signed the marriage certificate which is also dated on the 16th

Please what do you suggest we do ?

Date on the marriage cert!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Look very closely on that certificate. I find it odd you can sign it before you're actually married. You can't be married before actually being married. 

If it's like mine there is 3 dates. The date we got our marriage licence and the date we got married sign by the officiant and the date it is registered. The day we got married is the section the JOP filled in and the date we were married. The 3rd date is the date it was registered. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

Look very closely on that certificate. I find it odd you can sign it before you're actually married. You can't be married before actually being married. 

If it's like mine there is 3 dates. The date we got our marriage licence and the date we got married sign by the officiant and the date it is registered. The day we got married is the section the JOP filled in and the date we were married. The 3rd date is the date it was registered. 

Occasionally I am asked to sign the license in advance of the ceremony.   People often don't realize that it takes less than a minute to wed.  When we do the license signing in advance, that is the date of the marriage

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Occasionally I am asked to sign the license in advance of the ceremony.   People often don't realize that it takes less than a minute to wed.  When we do the license signing in advance, that is the date of the marriage

That is the weirdest thing ever. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.