mika__

confused about our case at NVC/embassy

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

This is usually the case but not always. If you stay a while you will see cases like this happen and sometimes get drawn out quite a bit because the lawyer is either withholding key information due to incompetence or downright negligence. 

Yep! Happened to me! 2 rfes 2 mos at NVC . Took the lead, did everything Nvc asked and never informed the lawyer anymore. Finally got CC! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, mika__ said:

we have actually had problems with this lawyer, I keep wanting to fire him. My husband just doesnt seem to be understanding why this is a problem. So what your saying makes complete sense to me 😓

Get the case number and Invoice ID and log in to see if you really are just waiting for interview.  If they cant provide that, they might be lying to you!. Dont wait! Also with USCIS, didnt you get a receipt number? With that receipt number you can see online if it was sent to NVC or not! When they sent the petition, the petitioner shd have then received the receipt via mail. When it was approved, there should be also another mail recieved. When NVC got it and created a case number,  you all shld have received an email or snail mail copy. Only then you can log on to CEAC. So strange! Fire the lawyer and do it yourself. Lots of people here are helpful. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, mika__ said:

we actually ended up getting an (and our first) RFE today. NVC emailed me this morning and provided our case number to me so I could log in and see whats going on. Guess now I know 😪

So she lied when she said you are waiting for interview. You can see everything on your CEAC account. What was your rfe if you dont mind? 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, Kartinee23 said:

So she lied when she said you are waiting for interview. You can see everything on your CEAC account. What was your rfe if you dont mind? 

exactly! I dont understand, just told my husband again we need to fire them and it turns into an arguement, the struggle lol, the rfe was a tax document my husband sent in, apparently something wasnt readable enough on one of his tax papers

Timeline
5 minutes ago, mika__ said:

exactly! I dont understand, just told my husband again we need to fire them and it turns into an arguement, the struggle lol, the rfe was a tax document my husband sent in, apparently something wasnt readable enough on one of his tax papers

Is that the only thing rejected? Well you can fix it or let them fix it but make sure you see what they are uploading lol! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, mika__ said:

we actually ended up getting an (and our first) RFE today. NVC emailed me this morning and provided our case number to me so I could log in and see whats going on. Guess now I know 😪

Okay this is utter BS and I am trying not to cuss. I have a friend who I swear must have your very incompetent lawyer. So much in fact their lawyer actually drafted up fake approval letters to shut them up. They been sitting for 2 dang years............ 2!!

Now here you are sitting for 3 months for something that never has happened. You can have that lawyer disbarred or at least on Bar review. Don't you even communicate with them. And on the ceac.state.gov website take off your lawyer so they get no further correspondence about your case.

How stupid are they to say your visa is waiting at the embassy. How the heck can that happen without an interview.

This is so sad but at least you know now. Don't argue with hubby seems you have it all under control. Do IT Yourself.

YOU GOT US NOW!! :)

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

19 hours ago, Naes said:

Demand all your case numbers from the lawyer. He doesn't have the right to keep any of these from you.

If you at least have your case number from uscis through noa1 - you can also contact nvc with that. If you don't, if I were you I would also demand all written correspondence came from USCIS to be sent to you as well, as they don't need it and you should at least get the copies.

Exactly, the lawyer does not have the right to keep these info from you. Your lawyer is clearly abusing your lack of knowledge about client-attorney rights. He may also be hiding some of his mistakes in document submission that could delay your case.  Become proactive and demand your case info so you can follow up the updates yourself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.