PP_2016

I-751 June 2019 Filers

1,144 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, OrkunS said:

I have a quick question for y'all

I had my fingerprint appointment today at my local ASC. The lady who was taking care of my fingerprints told me that my date of birth on the system was not matching with my actual date of birth. Looks like it had been entered to their system wrongly. Luckily, I had a copy of my I-751 application and looks like they were the ones who put it wrong.

Anyways, the same person at ASC told me to call USCIS  in order to fix it which I did and USCIS agent asked me to put an e-request through their website. 

My question is do you think this is going to be enough to fix that error? I really don't rely on USCIS and I don't want to deal with the same problem over and over again either. So what could be the best solution for this little issue here? Should I mail the USCIS Service Center as well you think? 

And lastly, so USCIS call center can't fix that kind of problem over the phone at all? Should I believe in that? Or Should I call them again ask for supervisor? 

Thanks!

My husband had the same problem with his  conditional GC. We called and changed it, but guess what his GC came with the wrong birthday on it. We had to file to replace his GC, that took over a year. 

I-129F sent- June 15

Lockbox received- June 16

Noa1- June 20

RFE- August 23

NOA2- September 1

NVC received- September 13

Case #- September 13

interview- October 31

POE- November 13

Married- November 23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, kara&mati said:

My husband had the same problem with his  conditional GC. We called and changed it, but guess what his GC came with the wrong birthday on it. We had to file to replace his GC, that took over a year. 

I called them 3 times and they said they can't change it over the phone, I have to mail USCIS service center in order to change it. It's just so annoying. 

3 hours ago, OrkunS said:

I have a quick question for y'all

I had my fingerprint appointment today at my local ASC. The lady who was taking care of my fingerprints told me that my date of birth on the system was not matching with my actual date of birth. Looks like it had been entered to their system wrongly. Luckily, I had a copy of my I-751 application and looks like they were the ones who put it wrong.

Anyways, the same person at ASC told me to call USCIS  in order to fix it which I did and USCIS agent asked me to put an e-request through their website. 

My question is do you think this is going to be enough to fix that error? I really don't rely on USCIS and I don't want to deal with the same problem over and over again either. So what could be the best solution for this little issue here? Should I mail the USCIS Service Center as well you think? 

And lastly, so USCIS call center can't fix that kind of problem over the phone at all? Should I believe in that? Or Should I call them again ask for supervisor? 

Thanks!

Yes, you can call and they going to fix it, that happened to me with the apartment number. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My I-751 package:

Mailed 6/26

Received in Dallas 6/28

Check cashed 7/5

Notice Date 7/3

Received I-797 7/6

Received Bio notice 7/12

Bio appt 7/26

Case Ready to be scheduled for an interview 9/25

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 10/8/2019 at 11:20 AM, Hope119 said:

I want to go to college but I’m scared of applying for financial aid because of the public charge rule. Is anybody here in college? Do you think I should apply or wait until getting the 10 years green card?

Im in college and have gotten a pell grant the past three years and I can assure you it is totally fine. Go for it definitely a good idea.

On 10/12/2019 at 8:13 AM, seablock said:

My I-751 package:

Mailed 6/26

Received in Dallas 6/28

Check cashed 7/5

Notice Date 7/3

Received I-797 7/6

Received Bio notice 7/12

Bio appt 7/26

Hi! I see that you filed in Dallas also. Have you received your interview notice yet?

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

On 10/10/2019 at 3:10 PM, Jorge V said:

Our case went to "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" on Sept 19 but we haven't received either notice via mail. As I understand it you receive two notices, one telling you about the change in status and another one with your actual interview date.

We've had some problems receiving mail in the past. Does anyone know if there's a number we can call to see if we've failed to receive these notices?

You going to see a msg saying the interview was scheduled,  if doesn't said that its not ready yet 

2 hours ago, Jorge V said:

Hi! I see that you filed in Dallas also. Have you received your interview notice yet?

Edited by Crissgut

On 10/12/2019 at 9:13 AM, seablock said:

My I-751 package:

Mailed 6/26

Received in Dallas 6/28

Check cashed 7/5

Notice Date 7/3

Received I-797 7/6

Received Bio notice 7/12

Bio appt 7/26

When is your interview?

3 hours ago, ToBeHappy said:

That’s great.. congratulations!!  Still waiting for my interview to be scheduled. When is your interview?

10/30

14 minutes ago, Crissgut said:

You going to see a msg saying the interview was scheduled,  if doesn't said that its not ready yet 

Thanks!

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Crissgut said:

When is your interview?

10/30

Waiting for an interview notice.

2 hours ago, Crissgut said:

Waiting for an interview notice.

I just got bio appointment letter for 10/24. I filed June 3rd so apart from noa1 this is the first corispondance. We are at YSC service centre, anyone else at this here. I saw it seems to be the quickest but haven't seen to many people with YSC numbers? 

K1

2/12/16.....I-129F sent to lockbox Lewisville, TX

2/18/16.....NOA1 text & e-mail. Case sent to CSC

2/25/16.....Received NOA1 hard copy

3/22/16.....Vaccinations up to date (only needed one)

5/17/16.....NOA2 ( 91 days)

6/ 3/16.....NVC Recived

6/ 6/16.....Case Number Received

6/14/16.....Medical

7/ 7/16..... Interview Approved

9/14/16..... POE

9/22/16.....Wedding

12/26/16....Baby due date ( it's a girl )

AOS

9/30/16.....AOS sent to Chicago

10/3/16..... Delivered

10/18/16....NOA1 text x3

10/29/16.....Biometric letter for 11/9/16

11/08/16..... Successful walk-in for biometrics

12/**/16..... She arrived our baby girl was born

01/03/17.....EAD card in production 

01/03/17.....EAD/AP approved

06/26/17.....Interview- Approved

06/26/17.....AOS card in production

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Case status changed to “interview was scheduled” today. Waiting for mail...

TIMELINE

31 May 2016 - legally married in Estonia, just the 2 of us
27 July 2016 - wedding ceremony & reception

USCIS Phase

08 September 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox (FILED FROM ABROAD)

14 September - I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

16 September - NOA1 via e-mail

29 September - notice returned to USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it

22 November - NOA1 finally received in the mail (in the US)

31 March 2017 - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

3 April - NOA 2 received in the mail (in the US)

11 April - Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

17 April - Case received by NVC

20 April - NVC case number assigned

21 April -  DS-261 Completed Online
25 April - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
27 April - IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
6 May - DS-260 Completed
10 May - AOS and IV package sent

15 May - Scan date

12 July - Case complete 😀
14 July - P4 Interview Letter

08 August - Medical

17 August - INTERVIEW - approved!
18 August - VISA ISSUED
23 August - Picked up the PASSPORT with the VISA inside

26 August - Immigrant Fee paid
18 September, 2017 - POE 

Removal Of Conditions

25 June, 2019 - ROC packet sent 
27 June - ROC packet delivered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.