51 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Lailar said:

Thank you, the paper show felony arr  1/1 and numbers starting with 251..A.  . I think I should find another lawyer who can work with me to show I'm Innocent (with  proofs I have) with less price, the first lawyer was the director of operations who asked for 3000 and someone from his office is the one who will work with me, if I pay 2000 a d later on 1000 I will be in risky situation yo be in street. 

PM @Sandraj she will give you the best advises. If I was you I would use a public defender, you need the money you have to survive. Explain your attorney your immigration situation. 

3 minutes ago, mariposa2 said:

PM @Sandraj she will give you the best advises. If I was you I would use a public defender, you need the money you have to survive. Explain your attorney your immigration situation. 

I'm not sure really what to do if a lawyer will represent me with less I can do it, but I see that the case will may be be dismissed hopefully because the police  officer at the day of arrest was making sure that I'm not going to be convicted. I didn't know how to talk and show I'm innocent at the moment when police was asking till I got arrested I was under big very big shock specially when I knew that he told them I bited him, hhhhh, he was super scared to be arrested at point  he did the impossible to makes me go, I just have one day to see what can I do:

_Spend money for lawyer and be in a tough financial situation 

_or just wait till Tuesday and see and ask for public defender  but I  will feel super bad because no one listened to me

-or look for cheapest lawyer now &don't go to the first one (asked for 3000)

_or just go tomorrow to  dv organisations to see if they accept giving me help

I have no idea what to do. 

22 minutes ago, Lailar said:

I'm not sure really what to do if a lawyer will represent me with less I can do it, but I see that the case will may be be dismissed hopefully because the police  officer at the day of arrest was making sure that I'm not going to be convicted. I didn't know how to talk and show I'm innocent at the moment when police was asking till I got arrested I was under big very big shock specially when I knew that he told them I bited him, hhhhh, he was super scared to be arrested at point  he did the impossible to makes me go, I just have one day to see what can I do:

_Spend money for lawyer and be in a tough financial situation 

_or just wait till Tuesday and see and ask for public defender  but I  will feel super bad because no one listened to me

-or look for cheapest lawyer now &don't go to the first one (asked for 3000)

_or just go tomorrow to  dv organisations to see if they accept giving me help

I have no idea what to do. 

Save the money. Contact the court they will give you information about public defenders. Go the the domestic violence organization and ask for help. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
5 hours ago, mariposa2 said:

Save the money. Contact the court they will give you information about public defenders. Go the the domestic violence organization and ask for help. 

Definitely try to visit a legal aid center, I would take the advice to hold on to your money. If you show up and explain you are not familiar with how the legal system works, the first appearance really nothing will happen. They will assign you an attorney and then buy you some more time to get a game plan together. I'm shocked that from the numbers you posted it's a F1 and one count. F1 is the highest felony you can be charged with, so very not cool. That lumps you in with some serious prison time and penalties. Definitely don't plead guilty to that charge, you will definitely get to stay in the US, but it will be in prison. That explains why it was a 50,000 dollar bond, that had me worried from the start because that was really a high amount. Show up to court, and get an attorney assigned to you, and fo from there. This is going to be a long road, and not over easy, but if your innocent, and have the proof, you will be ok. Sounds like you were taken advantage of in a way as you are not aware of how the legal system works here. I seriously doubt they will get that charge to stick, it would have to have been premeditated and planned out to get an F1 level. Sounds like they bumped up the charge to start high. I see it all the time, you get stopped for speeding, then the cops like oh, no front plate, your window tint is too dark, looks like a taillight out, and you walk away with 4-5 charges on a ticket. Of course most get thrown out, and only the speeding sticks, but it looks good on the officers record that he wrote 4-5 violations instead of 1.  Definitely try and get some help, maybe check with a few other attorneys, most offer a free consultation, and I'm sure a legal aid center can recommend a good one that will take payments. Definitely don't try this one on your own, that's a pretty serious charge to be facing.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

21 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Definitely try to visit a legal aid center, I would take the advice to hold on to your money. If you show up and explain you are not familiar with how the legal system works, the first appearance really nothing will happen. They will assign you an attorney and then buy you some more time to get a game plan together. I'm shocked that from the numbers you posted it's a F1 and one count. F1 is the highest felony you can be charged with, so very not cool. That lumps you in with some serious prison time and penalties. Definitely don't plead guilty to that charge, you will definitely get to stay in the US, but it will be in prison. That explains why it was a 50,000 dollar bond, that had me worried from the start because that was really a high amount. Show up to court, and get an attorney assigned to you, and fo from there. This is going to be a long road, and not over easy, but if your innocent, and have the proof, you will be ok. Sounds like you were taken advantage of in a way as you are not aware of how the legal system works here. I seriously doubt they will get that charge to stick, it would have to have been premeditated and planned out to get an F1 level. Sounds like they bumped up the charge to start high. I see it all the time, you get stopped for speeding, then the cops like oh, no front plate, your window tint is too dark, looks like a taillight out, and you walk away with 4-5 charges on a ticket. Of course most get thrown out, and only the speeding sticks, but it looks good on the officers record that he wrote 4-5 violations instead of 1.  Definitely try and get some help, maybe check with a few other attorneys, most offer a free consultation, and I'm sure a legal aid center can recommend a good one that will take payments. Definitely don't try this one on your own, that's a pretty serious charge to be facing.

Where did you see F1?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, now husband trying to harm me financially and emotionally, he did put a TRO on me based on fake arrest, I had to stay in hotels for 3 weeks, yesterday judge denied the RO, he didn't grant him permanent one, husband was mad about it. I didn't want to go home to avoid his abuse,  I had to pay for yesterday night and today in hotel.

Today I went to the  lease management office to see if I can move somewhere in the same building as I have no job right now, too difficult to rent in different area.  And too difficult to keep paying for hotels.  Today While I was there his car was not there I entered to my appt in order to get some clothing, the house was in a big mess, I had to leave quickly before he show up, while I was leaving I saw a paper where he is writing "you are on a camera"!!!  Not sure if it was there since the RO was in effect  or  he just write it thinking  if I show up after the TRO  I will be arrested, I'm not because I called the police they said I will be fine.

What do you suggest i should do, I have a lot of stuffs that I still need, I'm not sure how to retrieve my things? where to more? And what to do?

Thanks for help 

Can you call the local non-emergency line (not 911) and ask if they could have an officer present while you remove your belongings?

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Can you call the local non-emergency line (not 911) and ask if they could have an officer present while you remove your belongings?

I will call them, and see at least if I can have something's, and if he is there I will ask that I will return, as I have no car now just in hotel,  and of course I need a place to live at before I move everything, I thought he is moving soon as we were looking for appt before, but he looks like he is not moving and not letting me staying there. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Lailar said:

Hi, now husband trying to harm me financially and emotionally, he did put a TRO on me based on fake arrest, I had to stay in hotels for 3 weeks, yesterday judge denied the RO, he didn't grant him permanent one, husband was mad about it. I didn't want to go home to avoid his abuse,  I had to pay for yesterday night and today in hotel.

Today I went to the  lease management office to see if I can move somewhere in the same building as I have no job right now, too difficult to rent in different area.  And too difficult to keep paying for hotels.  Today While I was there his car was not there I entered to my appt in order to get some clothing, the house was in a big mess, I had to leave quickly before he show up, while I was leaving I saw a paper where he is writing "you are on a camera"!!!  Not sure if it was there since the RO was in effect  or  he just write it thinking  if I show up after the TRO  I will be arrested, I'm not because I called the police they said I will be fine.

What do you suggest i should do, I have a lot of stuffs that I still need, I'm not sure how to retrieve my things? where to more? And what to do?

Thanks for help 

what is TRO means ? are you petitioner or beneficary ? 

Just now, abdo1 said:

what is TRO means ? are you petitioner or beneficary ? 

Temporary restraining order.

8 minutes ago, Lailar said:

I will call them, and see at least if I can have something's, and if he is there I will ask that I will return, as I have no car now just in hotel,  and of course I need a place to live at before I move everything, I thought he is moving soon as we were looking for appt before, but he looks like he is not moving and not letting me staying there. 

Do you have any friends or family in the US?

Just now, Jorgedig said:

Do you have any friends or family in the US?

Unfortunately no one. I was just dealing with drug addict man, dealing with the abuse. No time to find friends,  I will try to see if I can rent at the same complex were Im  for the last 5 years, if he is not moving  I will need to take my name as his roommate and be in my own

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.