DCMxFEA

Do I need to print the appointment email?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! I’m having my interview tomorrow at Auckland Consulate and I’ve been stressing a lot that I forgot to print the appointment letter that the consulate sent me via email which contains the time and date of my interview. It didn’t crossed my mind til tonight that phones aren’t allowed inside the embassy. Can someone please share their experience if this has happened to anyone? My last resort is risking to be late for the appointment and rush to warehouse stationery as soon as they open at 8am. Thank you to anyone that’ll shed some light.

Edited by DCMxFEA

In some consulates, you aren't allowed in the door without an appointment letter.  I would hit the copy center,just to be safe, they may not accept a phone copy.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Agree with above posts, without a hard copy of that letter the security has no way of knowing if you have an appointment to even let you in. They could always go in and check, but you would have to find the nicest embassy security officer in the world. Some embassy's outsource the screening security, and they aren't even aloud to enter the embassy. I would find a way to print it. Like others said, your hotel, or even if you have to go to some high end Marriott brand name hotel just to use their guest printer, you stand a better chance at a high end hotel than risking security letting you in.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, DCMxFEA said:

Hi everyone! I’m having my interview tomorrow at Auckland Consulate and I’ve been stressing a lot that I forgot to print the appointment letter that the consulate sent me via email which contains the time and date of my interview. It didn’t crossed my mind til tonight that phones aren’t allowed inside the embassy. Can someone please share their experience if this has happened to anyone? My last resort is risking to be late for the appointment and rush to warehouse stationery as soon as they open at 8am. Thank you to anyone that’ll shed some light.

For safety sake you can take the print out of the same. They may ask for the same. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.