John & Rose

UGHHHHHH LOL

49 posts in this topic

So now I get yet another email to check Rose's CEAC page for a message.  The message was "DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED" again but the civil documents are now listed as "Incomplete".  I am going to do my best NOT to re-upload the Irish and NBI certificates....

Both kid's petitions are already in Manila and at "Ready".  Rose is still at NVC.  Once Rose is "In Transit" I may call to set up the interviews if I can talk them into it without Rose's file being physically there.  Both AJ's and Aira's were put "In Transit" on Friday and they were both "Ready" on Saturday.  

Online the earliest interview date is July 12.  I am hoping it will be sooner because of the expedite.  The saga continues...

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

So now I get yet another email to check Rose's CEAC page for a message.  The message was "DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED" again but the civil documents are now listed as "Incomplete".  I am going to do my best NOT to re-upload the Irish and NBI certificates....

I believe that's enough. As long as it's enough for them to forward the case to the Embassy, anything else can be taken care of at the Embassy. 

Just now, USS_Voyager said:

I believe that's enough. As long as it's enough for them to forward the case to the Embassy, anything else can be taken care of at the Embassy. 

I hope so as they asked for items that were already uploaded and accepted.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Both kid's petitions are already in Manila and at "Ready".  Rose is still at NVC.  Once Rose is "In Transit" I may call to set up the interviews if I can talk them into it without Rose's file being physically there.  Both AJ's and Aira's were put "In Transit" on Friday and they were both "Ready" on Saturday.  

Online the earliest interview date is July 12.  I am hoping it will be sooner because of the expedite.  The saga continues...

Do people normally schedule their own CR-1 interviews there?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Just now, missileman said:

Do people normally schedule their own CR-1 interviews there?

Only in the cases of accepted expedite requests.  Otherwise NVC sets the interview.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

Only in the cases of accepted expedite requests.  Otherwise NVC sets the interview.

Oh...That makes sense...thanks...

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Ya I would sit tight too ... don't want to cause more delay .. ;)  

When calling you can't set up the interviews until the case file is at the embassy.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

This keeps getting weirder and weirder.  My wife had CC on May 1.  She also got another CC email on May 28.  Her expedite, along with her children's expedite were all approved.  The kids got CC on May 24 and have been "ready" since May 26.  Numerous calls and emails to NVC still can't explain why she is still at NVC after a month.  Now this morning her CEAC home page says her civil docs are incomplete and they are asking for her passport from her first marriage.  What???  After she was annulled she changed her passport back to her maiden name and that was 8 years ago.  She has since updated to her married name so this was 2 passports ago and the old passports have been destroyed.  Not only that but all the files that were previously uploaded and accepted are still accepted but their category is wrong.  Her NBI is now listed under her Korean PCC, her Irish PCC is listed as her passport bio page, her birth certificate is listed as her NBI.  Luckily I took screen shots before so I could prepare the correct documents.  I don't know why this is happening and I was wondering if anyone else has seen this.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

This keeps getting weirder and weirder.  My wife had CC on May 1.  She also got another CC email on May 28.  Her expedite, along with her children's expedite were all approved.  The kids got CC on May 24 and have been "ready" since May 26.  Numerous calls and emails to NVC still can't explain why she is still at NVC after a month.  Now this morning her CEAC home page says her civil docs are incomplete and they are asking for her passport from her first marriage.  What???  After she was annulled she changed her passport back to her maiden name and that was 8 years ago.  She has since updated to her married name so this was 2 passports ago and the old passports have been destroyed.  Not only that but all the files that were previously uploaded and accepted are still accepted but their category is wrong.  Her NBI is now listed under her Korean PCC, her Irish PCC is listed as her passport bio page, her birth certificate is listed as her NBI.  Luckily I took screen shots before so I could prepare the correct documents.  I don't know why this is happening and I was wondering if anyone else has seen this.

CEAC and maybe other services (government) have been experiencing major updates, in fact some updates were scheduled for just the past few days.    Good move on capturing screen shots.  :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

14 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

CEAC and maybe other services (government) have been experiencing major updates, in fact some updates were scheduled for just the past few days.    Good move on capturing screen shots.  :thumbs:

I was told to ignore the CEAC home page changes as those new items are only supposed to impact new filers not existing petitions.  The new system is asking for bio pages of expired passports too.  

I just got off the phone and they said her petition is being forwarded to a supervisor and that I should wait 6 weeks for their review. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.  I have no legal status with her kids so having them interview and come here so they get signed up for school won't help since I am not a legal guardian.  If Rose is delayed another 6 weeks at NVC, they will miss the start of the school year here. 

They said there is no other way to escalate this but now I may go to my Congressman.  I suppose the CIS Ombudsman has no authority at NVC.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I was told to ignore the CEAC home page changes as those new items are only supposed to impact new filers not existing petitions.  The new system is asking for bio pages of expired passports too.  

I just got off the phone and they said her petition is being forwarded to a supervisor and that I should wait 6 weeks for their review. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.  I have no legal status with her kids so having them interview and come here so they get signed up for school won't help since I am not a legal guardian.  If Rose is delayed another 6 weeks at NVC, they will miss the start of the school year here. 

They said there is no other way to escalate this but now I may go to my Congressman.  I suppose the CIS Ombudsman has no authority at NVC.

A stepfather isn't a legal guardian?  I did all that for my stepson 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

A stepfather isn't a legal guardian?  I did all that for my stepson 

Nope.  That is an issue if they need medical treatment.  I have no right to request it for them and when we sign up at school, their mother must be with us.  She can do a power of attorney for me giving me rights for emergencies.  

We looked into it.  The step parent is not considered a legal guardian.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Nope.  That is an issue if they need medical treatment.  I have no right to request it for them and when we sign up at school, their mother must be with us.  She can do a power of attorney for me giving me rights for emergencies.  

Huh...  I made all those decisions. He needed emergency treatment one day. I took him in and made the decision for surgery without his mom

YMMV

11 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Huh...  I made all those decisions. He needed emergency treatment one day. I took him in and made the decision for surgery without his mom

Wow.  They let it go.

As a step-parent you don't automatically have legal parental responsibility for your stepchild. This means you can't legally authorise medical care, apply for passports, sign school forms and so on. ... Even after biological parents separate, they still have shared parental responsibility.

Stepparents generally do not have the authority to give legal consent to medical treatment for a stepchild, unless the stepparent has legally adopted the child or been designated a legal guardian. A child's parents or legal guardians may sign a statement authorizing a third party to consent to medical care.

If a stepparent is appointed a legal guardian of their stepchild, biological parents still retain all legal and financial responsibilities for their children. ... More commonly, requests for legal guardianship are reserved for when one or both parents are either unwilling or unable to care for their children.

Stepparents become legal parents and may have child custody rights if they legally adopt the stepchild. Usually, one of the biological parents has to give up their legal rights to the child for this to take place. A court can order a stepparent who has legally adopted a child to pay child support following a divorce.

Unless a stepparent has legally adopted a stepchild, he or she will have no legal right to make legal and medical decisions on behalf of their stepchild. ... A stepparent owes a stepchild the same “duty of care” in their home as any child visiting. This is true in an emergency situation as well.

Unless a stepparent has legally adopted a stepchild, they likely have no legal rightto make decisions on behalf of the child's well-being. ... Some states, such as Arizona, do allow the rights of the natural parents or legal guardian to be transferred to the stepparent through a Power of Attorney form.

As a stepparent, you have no legal relationship with your step-little-one. Unless you adopt (or are named guardian in advance), the court will be appointed guardian in such a circumstance. Your stepchild may be sent to live with biological relatives, and you may not be able to gain any visitation rights.

So unless we go to court and get legally assigned as guardian we have no legal rights.

If something happens to Rose, the kids, by law, must go live with a biological relative that is appointed by a court.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Interesting,  never even a quibble.   I enrolled him in school,  took him to the clinic and ER, everything without his mom being present 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.