aquatic_brewer

London Interview Today

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I was at London today for my interview.  Everything was pretty much as everyone has described on this forum recently so I'm not going to go in to huge amounts of detail just a couple of points: 

• I was in and out of there FAST.  My appointment was 10:30, I turned up at 10:20 and was approved and back outside by 11am.
  • The name on my passport and name on my birth cert don't match exactly as my middle name is missing from my passport.  Whilst I realise that this won't be the case for the vast of majority of people, I'm sure it will come up again in the future at some point.  I was asked about it at both windows. The honest answer is I don't know why it's not on there, it just never has been, I guess when I first got a passport it was omitted and then that carried over each time it renewed.  That seemed to be enough to satisfy them.  It is worth noting that on my DS160 I used my name as it appeared on my passport and then under the "Other names used" section put my full name with middle name.  I'm still not convinced this issue won't come back to bite me during AOS but I can only wait and see.
  • Not that anyone should be turning up without photos but if you do and they happen to be the wrong type, shape, size, whatever, there are at least two photo booths on site.
  • My sponsor is self employed.  I had asked @Wuozopo if IRS transcripts would be all they needed in this case, he confirmed it would be and was correct, they worked just fine.
  • Trust the information you get off the experienced contributors on this forum folks, they know their stuff.  Nearly everyone else there today had huge binders full of documentation, I had one small document carrier with the essentials I was told to take by the good folks here.  I wasn't asked for anything I didn't have and I was processed fast and efficiently. 
  • The man sitting next to me had employed an attorney and we were chatting.  He was two months behind me in the process (i.e. he had started two months earlier than me) and had spotted administrative errors on his forms which he had to identify and correct, he also said that the attorney they hired didn't even know he'd have to attend a medical.  He summed it up when he said, "ultimately no one cares about your application as much as you".  Food for thought. 

Thank you to everyone on here for all the info.  This place is a very important and informative resource. 

Edited by tsusoup
a word

32 minutes ago, tsusoup said:

Hi all,

I was at London today for my interview.  Everything was pretty much as everyone has described on this forum recently so I'm not going to go in to huge amounts of detail just a couple of points: 

• I was in and out of there FAST.  My appointment was 10:30, I turned up at 10:20 and was approved and back outside by 11am.
  • The name on my passport and name on my birth cert don't match exactly as my middle name is missing from my passport.  Whilst I realise that this won't be the case for the vast of majority of people, I'm sure it will come up again in the future at some point.  I was asked about it at both windows. The honest answer is I don't know why it's not on there, it just never has been, I guess when I first got a passport it was omitted and then that carried over each time it renewed.  That seemed to be enough to satisfy them.  It is worth noting that on my DS160 I used my name as it appeared on my passport and then under the "Other names used" section put my full name with middle name.  I'm still not convinced this issue won't come back to bite me during AOS but I can only wait and see.
  • Not that anyone should be turning up without photos but if you do and they happen to be the wrong type, shape, size, whatever, there are at least two photo booths on site.
  • My sponsor is self employed.  I had asked @Wuozopo if IRS transcripts would be all they needed in this case, he confirmed it would be and was correct, they worked just fine.
  • Trust the information you get off the experienced contributors on this forum folks, they know their stuff.  Nearly everyone else there today had huge binders full of documentation, I had one small document carrier with the essentials I was told to take by the good folks here.  I wasn't asked for anything I didn't have and I was processed fast and efficiently. 
  • The man sitting next to me had employed an attorney and we were chatting.  He was two months behind me in the process (i.e. he had started two months earlier than me) and had spotted administrative errors on his forms which he had to identify and correct, he also said that the attorney they hired didn't even know he'd have to attend a medical.  He summed it up when he said, "ultimately no one cares about your application as much as you".  Food for thought. 

Thank you to everyone on here for all the info.  This place is a very important and informative resource. 

Congrats on the approval!! 🎉 How exciting!! I love hearing people's good news. We're currently waiting on the NVC to approve our documents and set an interview date but I've gone ahead and booked my medical!! 😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thanks for the write up and congratulations, and you couldn't be more right about this forum and it's usefulness as a resource 🎉🎉🎉

23 hours ago, tsusoup said:

Quick update.  Went to AP on Thursday and was issued by Friday midday.

That’s great news! Should be in hand this week then and you can start looking for flights!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.