GBOS

Boston, MA : N-400 Filers

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Calling all filers in Boston, MA.

Kindly identify yourself with a filing date, and any of you who have already been scheduled for an interview (or better yet interviewed), please share your dates and experience.

Thank you guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I am. Filed in February. Had my biometrics March and my interview is next Thursday. 

2012-12-06 GC for two years ROC2014-09-07 Window opens2014-09-15 Sent package I-7512014-09-18 NOA<p>2014-10-14 Biometrics 2015-5-13 Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I filed in mid February and my interview is in 3 weeks.

Edited by CapeG

I-130 Process

NOA2 Approval recieved in the mail - 08/09/06

I-129F Process - With new form!

NOA2 arrived in mail - 08/26/06

NVC For I-129F

Arrived at NVC and Case # assigned - 08/28/06

Case Sent to London - 08/31/06

Packet 3 arrived - 09/13/06

Packet 3 Sent - 09-14-06

Medical - 09-21-06

Recieved Police Certificate - 10-03-06 (Took 34 days)

Packet 4 arrived - 10-04-06

INTERVIEW - 10-18-06 -APPROVED!

POE - Boston - 10-25-06

AOS Process

Sent AOS - 01/09/07

NOA arrived in the mail - 01/22/07

Biometrics Appointment - 02/02/07

Recieved EAD card - 04/02/07

Applied for SSN - 04/06/07

Recieved SSN - 04/16/07

AOS Interview - 06/06/07 - APPROVED

Greencard recieved - 06/22/07

Petition to remove conditions

Sent I-751 package - 03/13/09

Notice date - 03/27/09

Biometrics appointment - 04/11/09

CRIS email saying card production ordered - 07/25/09

Timeline
On 6/1/2019 at 7:56 AM, mezamo said:

I am. Filed in February. Had my biometrics March and my interview is next Thursday. 

Wow! Great to hear. Keep us posted. Thank you for sharing your timeline.

20 hours ago, CapeG said:

I filed in mid February and my interview is in 3 weeks.

Thank you for sharing your timeline.  All the best.

Timeline
7 hours ago, butalas said:

Filed in mid-April, biometrics done at the beginning of May. No word on the interview yet.

Thank you for your timeline.  Good luck to us all.

Timeline

Went for my biometrics today.  Seems like people are getting an interview notification 2-2.5 months after biometrics for the actual interview date about a month after being notified.

So I am guessing I will be notified in August.

Timeline

Which ones of you are filing under marriage 3-year, and which ones are filing under a standard 5-year rule?

And did you file 90-day early?

I filed under the 3-year rule, but I didn’t file 90 days early because I was waiting for my I-751 to be approved.

Edited by GBOS

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I had my interview yesterday and I was APPROVED! :)

The whole thing was super informal, I was expecting to have to go in a private room for a interview but it was all done in the main room. It was a little hard to hear in there so be warned.

I was called up very fast and you are asked to confirm the basic things like address, social security, location, employment etc. This took about 5 minutes, I was then told to take a seat again and listen for my number. I only waited maybe 5 more minutes and was called.

I was then asked for my passport, and STATE ISSUED ID, the letter did NOT mention to bring this but thankfully I had my drivers license on me.

She then told me she would begin the test. I had to read the sentence "Washington was the first president" off of a ipad and then the screen went blank with the space for me to then write "Washington was the first president". This was the read and write portion. She then went right into the civics portion.

I was asked:

Name two federal holidays

Who becomes president if the president can no longer serve.

Who is the commander in chief of the military

Who becomes president if the president and vice president can no longer serve

What is rule of law

What is two rights of citizens

She then told me I passed and then it was all super informal. She asked when I last left the US and went on the computer to check. She asked why the address on my letter was different than my license. She read through all the question from the application about not being part of a terrorist group etc. 

I had to sign on the ipad saying all my info was correct, and then read the oath and sign that I understood. She then said congratulations!

I was asked for ZERO evidence, it said to bring birth, wedding certificates etc but she asked for nothing.

She was typing on the computer but while she was doing it told me my oath ceremony would be July 11th at Faneuil hall and handed me my interview results and told me to go wait for someone to come give me my ceremony letter. It all took less than 20 minutes. I waited the longest to get my letter for the ceremony out of the whole experience. While I was waiting a lady came and asked if I was in fact free on July 2nd and to have it at the USS Constitution and we said yes. She printed my letter and we were on our way!

I-130 Process

NOA2 Approval recieved in the mail - 08/09/06

I-129F Process - With new form!

NOA2 arrived in mail - 08/26/06

NVC For I-129F

Arrived at NVC and Case # assigned - 08/28/06

Case Sent to London - 08/31/06

Packet 3 arrived - 09/13/06

Packet 3 Sent - 09-14-06

Medical - 09-21-06

Recieved Police Certificate - 10-03-06 (Took 34 days)

Packet 4 arrived - 10-04-06

INTERVIEW - 10-18-06 -APPROVED!

POE - Boston - 10-25-06

AOS Process

Sent AOS - 01/09/07

NOA arrived in the mail - 01/22/07

Biometrics Appointment - 02/02/07

Recieved EAD card - 04/02/07

Applied for SSN - 04/06/07

Recieved SSN - 04/16/07

AOS Interview - 06/06/07 - APPROVED

Greencard recieved - 06/22/07

Petition to remove conditions

Sent I-751 package - 03/13/09

Notice date - 03/27/09

Biometrics appointment - 04/11/09

CRIS email saying card production ordered - 07/25/09

49 minutes ago, CapeG said:

The whole thing was super informal, I was expecting to have to go in a private room for a interview but it was all done in the main room. It was a little hard to hear in there so be warned.

I was called up very fast and you are asked to confirm the basic things like address, social security, location, employment etc. This took about 5 minutes, I was then told to take a seat again and listen for my number. I only waited maybe 5 more minutes and was called.

I was then asked for my passport, and STATE ISSUED ID, the letter did NOT mention to bring this but thankfully I had my drivers license on me.

She then told me she would begin the test. I had to read the sentence "Washington was the first president" off of a ipad and then the screen went blank with the space for me to then write "Washington was the first president". This was the read and write portion. She then went right into the civics portion.

I was asked:

What is rule of law

She then told me I passed and then it was all super informal. She asked when I last left the US and went on the computer to check. She asked why the address on my letter was different than my license. She read through all the question from the application about not being part of a terrorist group etc. 

I had to sign on the ipad saying all my info was correct, and then read the oath and sign that I understood. She then said congratulations!

I was asked for ZERO evidence, it said to bring birth, wedding certificates etc but she asked for nothing.

She was typing on the computer but while she was doing it told me my oath ceremony would be July 11th at Faneuil hall and handed me my interview results and told me to go wait for someone to come give me my ceremony letter. It all took less than 20 minutes. I waited the longest to get my letter for the ceremony out of the whole experience. While I was waiting a lady came and asked if I was in fact free on July 2nd and to have it at the USS Constitution and we said yes. She printed my letter and we were on our way!

Congrats!!!!!

Timeline
On 6/21/2019 at 10:30 AM, CapeG said:

I was asked:

What is rule of law

Congratulations 🎉 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2019 at 7:30 PM, CapeG said:

I was asked:

What is rule of law

Congratulations 🎉 Plz can u tell me list of your docoments ? And can u tell me if a person is just engaged with girl not married yet so what will be his status in the form?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7/24  - Applied online  ( 5 years)
  • 7/27  - Notice of bio scheduled ( online), the letter online said that i am scheduled for Biometrics on 8/16 
  • 7/30  -  I did an early  Walk In for my biometrics around 8:30 AM at the Cranston , RI     ASC .  ( my  estimated time went from  6 to 5 months). 

I started studying and Just waiting  for next step as of now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.