GBOS

Boston, MA : N-400 Filers

19 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Attended my interview this afternoon  -  appointment was at 12:30 , I checked in at 11:55 AM . Waited  for over 30 minutes before my number was called out , I went to the window, the lady took  my picture and had the 2 index fingerprinted.  She then asked me to confirm DOB, Social , full name , dates of travel .  I was told to go back to the waiting area to wait for the actual test. I waited a few more minutes , got called. 

The officer  had me take the Oath - and then asked me the following questions 

1- What is an amendment . I replied " an update to the constitution" . He said that's not the exact word but he will take it regardless because an update can be  a "change" or an "addition". 

2- what stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful

3-  What is the highest  court in the United States

4- there were 13 original states. name 3 ( I said N.H , MA and RI )

5- Name one of the two longest river 

6- what is one right or freedom from the first amendment

Then I read : What do we pay to the  government 

I had to write : We pay taxes 

Officer told me I passed the test but had to wait to meet another officer to review my file with me. So I went back again to the waiting area - after a few minutes they called my number and an officer took me in the back  of his office. he asked me the yes and no questions  - asked me if I'm currently paying alimony to my ex husband , no question on why I got divorced .   Then that was it  :)  he gave me the paper  with  the congratulations your case has been recommended for approval checked in . He said I should get a letter for the oath ceremony this week (  but don't quote him on it).  I checked my case status online, the old site says " We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number XXXXXXXXX, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony"

The new site myuscis hasn't been updated yet. 

Thanks All - good luck to everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.