9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

were (couple)going through K1.

I have enough money to support myself in the US with her just on my 3month I-94 visa waiver.

iv been coming in and out of US since xmas .I dont think its illegal,as im not overstaying and not on welfare.

thing is,im thinking of going to Canada on Business for the day! and come back same night for another 3 months stamp.

What do you guys think.?.........I also have a going home ticket to the UK within 3 months.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
were (couple)going through K1.

I have enough money to support myself in the US with her just on my 3month I-94 visa waiver.

iv been coming in and out of US since xmas .I dont think its illegal,as im not overstaying and not on welfare.

thing is,im thinking of going to Canada on Business for the day! and come back same night for another 3 months stamp.

What do you guys think.?.........I also have a going home ticket to the UK within 3 months.

Thanks

I think you know if you are supposed to go to Canada.

I think you just ask yourself, if the worst happens, am I prepared for it?

What is the worst they can do to you?

Can you live with that?

That is your answer.

Bobbie

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would be prepared to be flying back from Canada.

Chances, difficult to say, sen it done but all a question of how lucky you feel.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

There's a chance the immigration officer might think you've overstayed your US visit and ask (tell) you to return home immediately..

You're playing with fire, just so you know..

Edited by liz_legend
vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

From this page on the U.S. State Department site:

"VWP travelers who have been admitted under the Visa Waiver Program and who make a short trip to Canada, Mexico or an adjacent island generally can be readmitted to the United States under the VWP for the original admission period."

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It may be safer, if more expensive, to fly home for two or three weeks.

One of our close friends who lived in the US with my fiance went home on the date he originally intended to when he arrived (they had both entered under a B2 visa, rather than the VWP, because they knew they wanted to stay longer than 90 days). He went back to the UK for two weeks or so. He flew back and Philly was his POE. The guy at Immigration control said "what makes you think you get to come back in, you were just here for 6 months." He answered that he had a visa valid for a year. The immi-guy said, "that's State, WE determine who gets to come in." Our friend gave a somewhat baffled look and the immi-guy ended up stamping him back in and he continued on his journey.

(Back then, neither of the boys knew - nor did I really think about - the difference between a visa's shelf-life and how long you actually get to come in for - stamped on the I-94.)

That's may or may not be a story of what commonly happens.

Contrast that story, however, with my fiance (before he was my fiance) who was refused at the airport and sent home on the next flight. Different circumstances - but still valuable because: what happens if they let you back in, but when you go back to the UK and then try to come back AGAIN, they nab you for an overstay and refuse you entry?

They really don't mess around.

Something things are risky, some aren't. Think carefully.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I stayed from february 14th until march 18th in the US (POE Orlando) then I went to England for one day, I came back on the 20th and i had no problems at all at the POE.well the guy asked me if I was working in Orlando, i said no, and he let me go and gave me a 6 months stamp.

btw I was under a B2. but that is just my case

20/Dec/06 I-129F sent to TSC

06/Jan/07 transfered to the CSC

15/Jan/07 I-129F sent to CSC

18/Jan/07 NOA1

03/May/07 NOA2

04/May/07 touched

07/May/07 NVC recived

09/May/07 left NVC

15/May/07 NOA2 hard copy

17/May/07 Package 3 recived

31/May/07 medical exams

04/Jun/07 interview, approved!!

06/Jun/07 visa in hand

10/Jun/07 going home

14/Jun/07 wedding

22/Jun/07 SSN name changed

27/Jul/07 filed for AOS

30/Jul/07 Chicago recived

01/Nov/07 called 911 domestic abuse

05/Nov/07 police came to help me to get my stuff out of the house

07//Nov/07 Biometrics

19/Nov/07 EAC

??/Dec/07 injunction granted against him

??/Jan/08 failure to interview

??/Feb/08 Notice from immigration: 30 days to leave the country before removal procedures start

01/Apr/08 I-360 NOA1

29/Aug/08 I-360, I-765,I485 NOA1 (my attorney sent a new I360...???)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
From this page on the U.S. State Department site:

"VWP travelers who have been admitted under the Visa Waiver Program and who make a short trip to Canada, Mexico or an adjacent island generally can be readmitted to the United States under the VWP for the original admission period."

Yes, admitted back under the original admission period. A quick "stepout" to Canada will not reset the clock and provide a new 90 day admission period under VWP.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I live on the Canadian border and my fiance and I frequently travel to Canada for dinner. He shows his passport with the I94 from his original entry and is allowed back in the US. They have NEVER given him a fresh I94, so I don't think your plan will work. Furthermore, you will also need to be really careful about frequent, long stays in the US. My fiance is here on his 3 long stay since last July, after 3 months in the UK. He just barely got in, not because they think he'll overstay but because they said he is essentially living here, despite all of his ties to the UK. As others have noted above, you definitely should be prepared to be turned back, in which case your eligibility for the VWP is canceled. Be very careful as there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to the VWP. Ultimately the officer at the POE has the say in whether or not you'll be granted entry to the US, regardless of what the USCIS says. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.