Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
brandonflude1

DS-160 error (split topic)

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Just now, payxibka said:

You will be given an opportunity to review the DS160 at the interview.  Make any edits at that time

This is great news. It's just a simple typo on the ZIP Code of my intended place of residence. I typed xxx09 instead of xxx08. An honest mistake. This reply has calmed me a lot!

 

Something so small shouldn't be a problem right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brandonflude1 said:

This is great news. It's just a simple typo on the ZIP Code of my intended place of residence. I typed xxx09 instead of xxx08. An honest mistake. This reply has calmed me a lot!

 

Something so small shouldn't be a problem right?

My answer was specifically for Manila but I assume London will do the same


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, payxibka said:

My answer was specifically for Manila but I assume London will do the same

I see. I dug up a post from 2 years ago who had the exact same enquiry as me. But, as you say I imagine if Manilla allows for corrections then London should be the same. 

 

Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike E said:

These are obvious innocent errors that you should correct at the interview. Prepare a neat statement correcting the errors and inform the CO of the errors and offer the statement. 

A written letter, saying I answered incorrect for Question 5a (example)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

A written letter, saying I answered incorrect for Question 5a (example)?

Date:

 

Subject: Corrections of DS160 nvc case number:

 

To: Embassy/Consulate of ABC 

 

I made the following errors on my DS160

 

1. The zip code on question yyy was wrong. It is: abcde

 

2. The name of my sister in question zzz was wrong. It is: Jane Doe.  

 

Sincerely,

 

signature

 

Mary Smith

 

 

Edited by Mike E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike E said:

Date:

 

Subject: Corrections of DS160 nvc case number:

 

To: Embassy/Consulate of ABC 

 

I made the following errors on my DS160

 

1. The zip code on question yyy was wrong. It is: abcdef

 

2. The name of my sister in question zzz was wrong. It is: Jane Doe.  

 

Sincerely,

 

signature

 

Mary Smith

 

 

Perfect, thank you. I just don't want to risk denial or have to explain wrong information for such a small mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

Perfect, thank you. I just don't want to risk denial or have to explain wrong information for such a small mistake

Just don’t sign it ‘Mary Smith’ and I’m sure all will work out well 😂😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zoeeeeeee said:

Just don’t sign it ‘Mary Smith’ and I’m sure all will work out well 😂😜

Just strange to me having to also say my fiancee is a relative of mine on the DS-160. Doesn't sound right, maybe it's just a me thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brandonflude1 said:

Just strange to me having to also say my fiancee is a relative of mine on the DS-160. Doesn't sound right, maybe it's just a me thing?

Know what you mean, but your spouse is normally considered an immediate family member...

 

I’ve not looked at the DS-160 yet, I can’t move till November, so am awaiting my embassy letter, rather than calling...it’s weird watching all the other April NOA2 people booking their appointments whilst I twiddle my thumbs! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Know what you mean, but your spouse is normally considered an immediate family member...

 

I’ve not looked at the DS-160 yet, I can’t move till November, so am awaiting my embassy letter, rather than calling...it’s weird watching all the other April NOA2 people booking their appointments whilst I twiddle my thumbs! 

Spouse sure, but fiancee? The official definition of a relative does not include a fiance(e) (a person connected by blood or marriage.)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brandonflude1 said:

Spouse sure, but fiancee? The official definition of a relative does not include a fiance(e) (a person connected by blood or marriage.)

 

 

No of course not, but because spouse is, I assume they’re working on the basis that your fiancé will become your spouse...I don’t know, but I wouldn’t worry too much about the semantics of it! 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

***Posts split from old thread; please start your own thread with your own questions instead of hijacking threads started by other members.***


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ryan H said:

***Posts split from old thread; please start your own thread with your own questions instead of hijacking threads started by other members.***

Apologies - didn't think it would be an issue since I was asking OP what they did...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...