Jump to content
Lyv&Chelle

Preperation of documents for interview help

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

First off, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum. I'm having a bit of a frustration with preparing for documents for the interview. Long story short, i am filipino by citizenship but grew up in Singapore since i was 3 and im a permenant resident here. Now, the thing is i am not sure if i also need police clearance from the philippines and a certificate of no marriage as singapore does not provide no marriages certificate (unless ive been looking at the wrong places). Also i understand that filipinos have to attend some sort of seminar which after they get a stamp on the passport before they fly to get married. Do i need to sit for that as well?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lyv&Chelle said:

First off, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum. I'm having a bit of a frustration with preparing for documents for the interview. Long story short, i am filipino by citizenship but grew up in Singapore since i was 3 and im a permenant resident here. Now, the thing is i am not sure if i also need police clearance from the philippines and a certificate of no marriage as singapore does not provide no marriages certificate (unless ive been looking at the wrong places). Also i understand that filipinos have to attend some sort of seminar which after they get a stamp on the passport before they fly to get married. Do i need to sit for that as well?

 

Most likely you will need both being you are a Philippine citizen.

 

For ordering the CENOMAR  https://www.ecensus.com.ph/default.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/Secure/Terms.aspx

 

For the NBI   https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/

 

As for the CFO seminar, if you are not residing in the Philippines, you do NOT need to attend CFO ... this is only necessary if you are exiting the Philippines with your U.S. visa.    You live in Singapore  ;)  


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 2:50 AM, Hank_ said:

Most likely you will need both being you are a Philippine citizen.

 

For ordering the CENOMAR  https://www.ecensus.com.ph/default.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/Secure/Terms.aspx

 

For the NBI   https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/

 

As for the CFO seminar, if you are not residing in the Philippines, you do NOT need to attend CFO ... this is only necessary if you are exiting the Philippines with your U.S. visa.    You live in Singapore  ;)  

Thank you! I do want to ask though because i left Philippines when i was 3 years old is the singapore police clearance not enough since ive pretty much lived here my entire life?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lyv&Chelle said:

Thank you! I do want to ask though because i left Philippines when i was 3 years old is the singapore police clearance not enough since ive pretty much lived here my entire life?

Police clearances are required for places lived after the age of 16


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lyv&Chelle said:

Thank you! I do want to ask though because i left Philippines when i was 3 years old is the singapore police clearance not enough since ive pretty much lived here my entire life?

 

Ya know I wondered on that with the earlier posting, but you are a Philippine citizen which is why I believe they will still want the NBI, yours is a unique situation.   Only way to know for fact is to check with the U.S. embassy Singapore.

 

NBI is not too difficult to acquire

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...