TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,371 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, sabrina2011 said:

Yes. He has traveled to many middle east countries (Iraq, Iran, Syria, and Saudi Arabia) for shia pilgrimage.I know thats a potential red flag which could possibly cause delay, but 2 years of AP 😯 

Not scaring you but I know someone who travelled to 30 countries because of his job. He has been in AP since his interview in 2016. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, mazenkanso said:

We were under AP for 55 days, after submitting DS-5535, the embassy called us to submit passports for visa to be issued, but my 19 year son is still under AP,

we are on an F4 immigration visa. BEIRUT/LEBANON

our interview was on september 12

my wife and son were initially asked for the ds-5535, but after 55 days my wife received the visa but 82 days have passed and my son is still AP.

Both me and daughter were under "ready" and when my wife received the visa we did too, since she is the main applicant.

we should be travelling in february before our visa expires, and we are worried about leaving our son behind.

does anyone have any advice what shold be done?

he received 6 updates, the last one was november 12 without inquiries. 

12 september     (when interview was over and was asked to submit ds-5535)

1    october

8    october

29  october

6    november

12  november

Have you tried discussing this situation with the congressman representative so they can reword their inquiry in such a way? If you do not have family back home, you can let them know the need of why your son cannot stay back. A tracked letter to the embassy would work too describing the need for why you cannot leave him behind. It has to be a compelling reason for them.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
7 minutes ago, MZe said:

Have you tried discussing this situation with the congressman representative so they can reword their inquiry in such a way? If you do not have family back home, you can let them know the need of why your son cannot stay back. A tracked letter to the embassy would work too describing the need for why you cannot leave him behind. It has to be a compelling reason for them.

thanks for your reply, we are living in beirut, my sister's wife is the one who applied for us,

so contacting congressmen is out of our reach.

but during the interview with the counsil officer and when she told my son that he has to fill the ds-5535, his eyes teared up and he told her that his university will start since he had received an approval from them in the US, she told his not to worry and that he should apply for defer for spring.

but from what i hear that it is not in her hand initially.

thanks again

Timeline
27 minutes ago, MZe said:

Not scaring you but I know someone who travelled to 30 countries because of his job. He has been in AP since his interview in 2016. 

That's crazy! Was it an IR-5? My husband had the same travel history, I had applied for his CR-1 back in 2012 and his AP was only 5 months long, which at the time seemed like an eternity. But with all the new changes now, you can expect anything. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, sabrina2011 said:

That's crazy! Was it an IR-5? My husband had the same travel history, I had applied for his CR-1 back in 2012 and his AP was only 5 months long, which at the time seemed like an eternity. But with all the new changes now, you can expect anything. 

Yes ir5 . His wife is here on ir5 but he is still back in Pakistan waiting. 

Edited by MZe
Adding notes

On 12/4/2019 at 12:19 PM, MZR said:

Yes my husband had a second medical and re-oath where they took his fingerprints again. They contacted us via email. It’s been almost 2 weeks since his reoath. They did not give us a time when his visa will be issued. Status still says AP throughout the process. 

Hi dis they Ask him to resubmit thé DS260 

M'y wife she has her 2nd reoath and they Ask her to resubmit thé 260 

And it didnt open for us

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ousaw said:

When i log in it Ask for thé case number thé 2nd page it Ask for thé id number and if iam thé applicant and it Say it Dose not match our records

Check your nvc email that is suppose to have the receipt number and case number

7 hours ago, Ousaw said:

Hi dis they Ask him to resubmit thé DS260 

M'y wife she has her 2nd reoath and they Ask her to resubmit thé 260 

And it didnt open for us

Yes there’s new questions on it that weren’t on the old DS 260. It’s (ceac.state.gov) website that you have to login with case # & invoice id #. If it doesn’t open I would email them ASAP and ask them to direct you. 

Edited by MZR

Hi every one i have an argent question iam from egypt on a k1 Visa the embassy ask me to go for a scond interview after 16 months administration process after they ask me to send my passport and new medical exam to the embassy i send the medical and the passport already there and after they email me to go for a scond interview i dont know of i need to do a new ds-160 and book my appointment like i did the first time like its a new Visa appointment or what any one here that happen with them

Timeline
2 hours ago, Eslam.k said:

Hi every one i have an argent question iam from egypt on a k1 Visa the embassy ask me to go for a scond interview after 16 months administration process after they ask me to send my passport and new medical exam to the embassy i send the medical and the passport already there and after they email me to go for a scond interview i dont know of i need to do a new ds-160 and book my appointment like i did the first time like its a new Visa appointment or what any one here that happen with them

Unless they ask you for it, you do not need to fill the ds form. 

Timeline

Update

my parents were issued visa today finally. 

I wish you all the best of luck. This will end one day for everyone for sure. 

just keep a few things in mind:

- there is no harm in inquiring from embassy post 60 days of new medical submission

- paper trail (courier based mail) is the best way to ensure that if you are reaching for expiring soon status, your mail will be read no matter what. They even state to write to the embassy with letter of intent to persue.

- no one like stories. My letter was only 2.5 lines long. No complains and I attached proof of last communication date and timely response along with why I had the intent to persue

- use your congressman but do not over use by doing an inquiry every 30 days. That is just my take. I have seen embassy officials respectFully update case and respond in much detail of queries had a gap of 60 days. 

- take everything to your interview/oath yadda yadda. They may ask you for something out of the ordinary. Like we were asked for additional pics again at interview. 

timeline roughly 2019:

26 August: new medical submitted with pics

11 sept: cases moved to expiring soon
12 sept: did not wait for embassy; ds260 refilled out myself

15 sept: portal used to reinquire Status 

30 sept: portal used to reinquire status

4 oct: one parent case put in AP back

10 oct: tracked mail sent to get a reinquiry if status of expiring soon of other parent

15 oct: 2nd parent updated status back to AP

Nov 18: congressman staffer contacted for helping with update with comments that we had resubmitted medical and pics

nov 22: email recieved that instructions had been dispatched to lawyer

nov 24: after consistent emails to lawyer he finally responds with letter

dec 6: re oath and finger print same day portal updated to printed and issued

our journey started in August of 24 2016. First interview was given on 11 sept 2017.

you do the math :)

Hello, please can someone tell me what i can do, we are on an F4 family immigration visa, i was placed under AP and handed ds-5535.

90 days have passed now, and i have received 6 updated but still AP. MY MOTHER, FATHER AND SISTER received their visa and will be travelling before the expiry.

which means i will be left behind, is this normal or you think they will issue me a visa?

i am only 19 years and i was asked to submit travel history for the past 15 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.