TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,374 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Filled out the questioner about 1 month ago. Haven't got any updates yet. Isb embassy CR1 Visa. Interview date was 2 months ago. Fourm email came exactly a month after the interview. Once that was submitted status almost updated everyday but than it stopped 15days ago. No updates. Can someone please share who has the same experience? Timeline? 

Interview 27th March. CO asked to submit more pictures online. 

Questionnaire 29th April.

Last Update May13th. 

1 hour ago, Isaeed105 said:

Filled out the questioner about 1 month ago. Haven't got any updates yet. Isb embassy CR1 Visa. Interview date was 2 months ago. Fourm email came exactly a month after the interview. Once that was submitted status almost updated everyday but than it stopped 15days ago. No updates. Can someone please share who has the same experience? Timeline? 

Last Update May13th. 

We all have similar experience. We are all waiting for our visas to be issued after submitting the DS 5535. There really isn’t any timeline since all cases vary.

all you can do at this point is submit what’s been requested. Check your status often. And wait.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

I can help you. Inbox me your details e.g. your education background , your job nature and your foreign traveling history. Also do you have a long name or simple Urdu name?

I just did man

Timeline
35 minutes ago, NilsaNAnil said:

We all have similar experience. We are all waiting for our visas to be issued after submitting the DS 5535. There really isn’t any timeline since all cases vary.

all you can do at this point is submit what’s been requested. Check your status often. And wait.

How long have you been waiting. Have you seen anyone get approved yet and how long it took for simple case. My wife had never traveled outside the country has almost no background in anything really. She is only 23 and I'm 26

Timeline
22 hours ago, Rami91 said:

What should I do if my AP passed 13 months since the interview for k1 fiance visa?  Any suggestions, ideas?? 

If you haven't already you can reach out to your senator or local congressman.   You can also talk to an attorney about filing a Writ of Mandamus.   I have seen some cases returned after filing one but the past 6 months or so I've seen more approvals but I would still think of it as a gamble and a pricey one at that.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Isaeed105 said:

How long have you been waiting. Have you seen anyone get approved yet and how long it took for simple case. My wife had never traveled outside the country has almost no background in anything really. She is only 23 and I'm 26

Even simple cases have had very long AP.  Every case is different and there is no way of knowing how long your case will take to complete.   Last year cases were being approved in about 6months time a few months ago people were looking at a  year but lately things have been moving along again.   It's really hard to tell.

Our second interview was in October (when we received the questionnaire) We had several updates the first few months  but  stopped in January.  After that it only updated when an inquiry was sent.  

Today our case updated for the first time since January on its own.   We are hopeful that it's a good sign and Inshallah this nightmare will be over soon!

18 hours ago, Isaeed105 said:

Last Update May13th. 

I have quite the similar case I had my interview end of Feb 2019 and was asked to upload pictures on ceac then received an email questionnaire 7 days later Passport was kept and my date updated very frequently for first 3 weeks and then nothing 

17 hours ago, Isaeed105 said:

My husband was given the form on the day of interview (June 24, 2018). He’s been on AP since. We contacted the local senator and he inquired on our case and got a respond that pretty much just said that my husband is in AP and we must wait. The senator told me to contact them on June 25 if there’s been no more progress and he will inquire again.

all cases are unique. I’ve been seeing cases of 12+ months getting approved.... some 6 Months... but again they’re all different. All we can do is wait... and pray. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My first ever senator inquiry was sent. Senator office mails me the same day an hour later  (letter had time stamp and date which I got the following day) stating they were told the case is in AP and to wait. I noticed no update to the portal itself. Senator office PoC told me she contacted DOS and that is what they gave. She said dos is suppose to contact the embassy if they wish. I am still surprised. I know if anyone looks at your file whether dos or embassy the date updates.

Has anyone encountered such thing before ? 

6 minutes ago, MZe said:

My first ever senator inquiry was sent. Senator office mails me the same day an hour later  (letter had time stamp and date which I got the following day) stating they were told the case is in AP and to wait. I noticed no update to the portal itself. Senator office PoC told me she contacted DOS and that is what they gave. She said dos is suppose to contact the embassy if they wish. I am still surprised. I know if anyone looks at your file whether dos or embassy the date updates.

Has anyone encountered such thing before ? 

When my senator inquired, I got an update. And a few more after and then in stopped.

But they told me to wait at least 30 days to hear from the Embassy and it so happened that during the week that would be the 30th day, I got an update and also I had to call the senators office to hear from them that the Embassy replied that my husband’s case is in AP and to wait

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, NilsaNAnil said:

When my senator inquired, I got an update. And a few more after and then in stopped.

But they told me to wait at least 30 days to hear from the Embassy and it so happened that during the week that would be the 30th day, I got an update and also I had to call the senators office to hear from them that the Embassy replied that my husband’s case is in AP and to wait

Thanks I was told by my lawyer to request an update thru my senator. Just found it odd that they got a response in a day and I saw no updated date on the portal. 

10 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

If you haven't already you can reach out to your senator or local congressman.   You can also talk to an attorney about filing a Writ of Mandamus.   I have seen some cases returned after filing one but the past 6 months or so I've seen more approvals but I would still think of it as a gamble and a pricey one at that.

What do you mean by gambling? You think they will reject it without giving us any reason? Do you anybody has done this before? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.