brackpool13

Embassy - What can you bring in?

25 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, brackpool13 said:

It's this Friday, early morning start for me. I'm not coming from too far, only Birmingham. Wouldn't fancy the big trips made from Newcastle/Edinburgh etc. 

We do have it better than others though.... Canadians have to go to Montreal. That's a 5-hour flight if you're in Vancouver. Norwegians and Danes have to go to Sweden.

And I remember a thread on here about a fiancé from Burundi who took a 14-hour bus to Rwanda for his visa appointment only for the embassy to close just as he arrived due to a power cut.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

15 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

As others have said, I took quite a large handbag into the embassy when I went for B12 visa interview many moons ago - and they were fine with it (I also had my phone in there, a lighter, various bits and bobs)...the only thing they wasn’t keen on was the big pair of kitchen scissors I had in there 😂😂🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ - they were confiscated. But they still let me in and I still got my visa! 

Just realised I’ve written B12, not B1/B2, which is the visa I have 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️. B12 is the vitamin I’m deficient in. Totally different things! 😂

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

thanks for this, I've been worried about my phone as i keep seeing posts that it needs to be locked at a pharmacy close by. Interview is tomorrow! 

K1 Visa             

Sent - 26th Aug 2018

NOA1 -  6th Sept 2018

NOA2 -  23rd Feb 2019

NVC sent to embassy - 2nd April 2019

Medical - 21st May 2019

Interview - 31st May 2019

Approved! 

K-1 in hand - 10th June 2019

POE - 4th July 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Seanandrach said:

thanks for this, I've been worried about my phone as i keep seeing posts that it needs to be locked at a pharmacy close by. Interview is tomorrow! 

No you're fine with bringing in your phone! I took my phone, headphones and charger and paperwork in a rucksack. Just don't take your laptop!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Seanandrach said:

You're reading really old threads if you see references to Gould's Pharmacy and checking electronics. The rule was relaxed a couple of years ago. And the embassy moved to a new location over a year ago and is nowhere near the referenced pharmacy.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

You're reading really old threads if you see references to Gould's Pharmacy and checking electronics. The rule was relaxed a couple of years ago. And the embassy moved to a new location over a year ago and is nowhere near the referenced pharmacy.  

Thanks for confirming, apparently too much research is a thing haha 

That's a big relief, one less thing to stress about tomorrow. His original w2 didn't arrive in the post in time but I have employer letter, full tax report, a copy of w2 and 4 pay stubs so I'm hoping that will be enough

K1 Visa             

Sent - 26th Aug 2018

NOA1 -  6th Sept 2018

NOA2 -  23rd Feb 2019

NVC sent to embassy - 2nd April 2019

Medical - 21st May 2019

Interview - 31st May 2019

Approved! 

K-1 in hand - 10th June 2019

POE - 4th July 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Seanandrach said:

Thanks for confirming, apparently too much research is a thing haha 

That's a big relief, one less thing to stress about tomorrow. His original w2 didn't arrive in the post in time but I have employer letter, full tax report, a copy of w2 and 4 pay stubs so I'm hoping that will be enough

All of that can be scanned photocopies. They would approve on just one of these.

1. employer letter,
  2. full tax report,
  3. a copy of w2 and
  4. 4 pay stubs

"so I'm hoping that will be enough" 👍It's 4 times enough.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.