Teacake

My I-129F will expire before my interview date. What do I do about the revalidation letter?

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I just got my date for my interview at the Sydney consulate and it’s after the date my I-129F is set to expire. I’ve written up a revalidation letter that my fiancé has printed out and will sign, but after he sends it to me (along with some supporting evidence for the I-134), what do I do with it? Do I post it to the consulate, or scan it and attach it to an email that I send to them?

Thank you.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Teacake said:

Hi everyone,

I just got my date for my interview at the Sydney consulate and it’s after the date my I-129F is set to expire. I’ve written up a revalidation letter that my fiancé has printed out and will sign, but after he sends it to me (along with some supporting evidence for the I-134), what do I do with it? Do I post it to the consulate, or scan it and attach it to an email that I send to them?

Thank you.

Do scan it and attach it to an email and send it to them and also post it to them in a express way , so that you had two evidence to claimed on your effort to over come this stressing situation. Wishing you Good luck .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Teacake said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you.

They know this can happen and provide for in in your packet 4 instructions. 

"Revalidation Letter: Copy only
 Your I-129F petition may expire by the time you attend your final visa interview. To revalidate your petition,
please have your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) provide you with a letter requesting that your petition be extended to
a further 4 months from the approval date of the I-129F petition. This letter must be dated and signed by
your fiancé(e) The letter from your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) should state their intention to still marry you within
90 days of your arrival into the U.S. with the K-1 visa and that you both are still free to marry."

Include it with the papers you will take to your interview. I imagine that sending a copy by email or express mail, ahead of time, wouldn't hurt but it doesn't seem necessary. 

1 hour ago, Joyoussinger said:

Include it with the papers you will take to your interview. I imagine that sending a copy by email or express mail, ahead of time, wouldn't hurt but it doesn't seem necessary. 

Ah, okay! Thanks! My worry was that if I didn’t give them a revalidation letter prior to it expiring, my petition would just be made completely invalid or something. Phew. Since I’ve already made the letter with the info they’ve said to include, I may as well have him sign and send it to me along with everything else. Thanks again!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Teacake said:

Ah, okay! Thanks! My worry was that if I didn’t give them a revalidation letter prior to it expiring, my petition would just be made completely invalid or something. Phew. Since I’ve already made the letter with the info they’ve said to include, I may as well have him sign and send it to me along with everything else. Thanks again!

Best of luck on your interview! My fiance just had his in Sydney last month and said it was easy and the people were friendly and helpful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.