Jump to content
LiamT7

[K1] Small Mistake on I-134

27 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Morning all,

 

My interview is on the 7th, and I have just been going back over all documents and I noticed a mistake on the I-134.

 

Now for context, it is my Fiance's mother that filled out the I-134 as my Fiance is finishing her last year of University so is not in full time employment yet.

 

Page 2, Part 2, Section 7:

Relationship to Sponsor

 

We must have misread and filled out "Mother of Fiance"

Upon reading this again, this should be "Fiance of Daughter" (Correct me if I am wrong)

 

I have read on other posts that it is okay to cross this out and write in the correct information next to it, however these were for different embassies.

 

Please could someone advise on this or how is best to progress?

I am on a night shift at the moment, and I will be calling the Embassy when it opens to clarify with them.

 

Thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LiamT7 said:

Morning all,

 

My interview is on the 7th, and I have just been going back over all documents and I noticed a mistake on the I-134.

 

Now for context, it is my Fiance's mother that filled out the I-134 as my Fiance is finishing her last year of University so is not in full time employment yet.

 

Page 2, Part 2, Section 7:

Relationship to Sponsor

 

We must have misread and filled out "Mother of Fiance"

Upon reading this again, this should be "Fiance of Daughter" (Correct me if I am wrong)

 

I have read on other posts that it is okay to cross this out and write in the correct information next to it, however these were for different embassies.

 

Please could someone advise on this or how is best to progress?

I am on a night shift at the moment, and I will be calling the Embassy when it opens to clarify with them.

 

Thank you

 

If it even comes up at your interview, then tell the officer and let him do the crossing out.  They are pretty flexible in London and aren't going to fail you over it. At my interview not one word was even mentioned about the I-134. But you may get a question like "And how do you know Mrs. Jones who is your sponsor?" 

 

You aren't going to get anybody on the phone in the Immigrant Visa Unit to ask about it. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure they see that a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

If it even comes up at your interview, then tell the officer and let him do the crossing out.  They are pretty flexible in London and aren't going to fail you over it. At my interview not one word was even mentioned about the I-134. But you may get a question like "And how do you know Mrs. Jones who is your sponsor?" 

 

You aren't going to get anybody on the phone in the Immigrant Visa Unit to ask about it. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure they see that a lot. 

Thank you so much Wuozopo, you are always here to help, I really appreciate it. (I was hoping you would see this :) )

 

One unrelated thing, would you be able to confirm if I need photocopies of everything? Because I have about 100-200 pages worth of supporting documents for the I-134 and I don't want to do all of the photocopying and printing it for nothing.

 

The only ready I ask is because on the Embassy website, it states "You are required to obtain the original or certified copy, and one photocopy". I assume they just mean a photocopy of the I-134 and not all supporting documents as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly believe it wont be an issue but maybe your fiancé’s mum can fill out that page of the I-134 & scan it to you? 


K1 Fiance Visa Journey - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

 

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅
6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

7d400aa4e785c26df32bd2319d06010f--silhouette-projects-silhouette-cameo.jpg.84a65536a826a536fbd174dc7da956b0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Meisha&Jake said:

I honestly believe it wont be an issue but maybe your fiancé’s mum can fill out that page of the I-134 & scan it to you? 

I considered that, but first of all I would be worried as it is not the "Original" copy, and also I only have A4 paper, not the same size that is used as standard in the US, so it would be very obvious  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LiamT7 said:

I considered that, but first of all I would be worried as it is not the "Original" copy, and also I only have A4 paper, not the same size that is used as standard in the US, so it would be very obvious  

Yeah I understand your point, Id be feeling the same as you!

 

Wuozopo’s advice is good, i think you will be okay :)


K1 Fiance Visa Journey - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

 

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅
6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

7d400aa4e785c26df32bd2319d06010f--silhouette-projects-silhouette-cameo.jpg.84a65536a826a536fbd174dc7da956b0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jorgedig said:

So for London, the petitioner doesn't even need to be the primary sponsor?

I have heard from multiple sources, including people that attended interviews, that the affidavit of support can be filled out by someone else. There was an interview review on here where they were in the exact situation as me and had no problems :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Yeah I understand your point, Id be feeling the same as you!

 

Wuozopo’s advice is good, i think you will be okay :)

Yes, thank you :) Last step for the visa, then onto AOS :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LiamT7 said:

Yes, thank you :) Last step for the visa, then onto AOS :D 

Dont forget to get married before AOS! 😂😂

 

 


K1 Fiance Visa Journey - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

 

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅
6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

7d400aa4e785c26df32bd2319d06010f--silhouette-projects-silhouette-cameo.jpg.84a65536a826a536fbd174dc7da956b0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LiamT7 said:

I have heard from multiple sources, including people that attended interviews, that the affidavit of support can be filled out by someone else. There was an interview review on here where they were in the exact situation as me and had no problems :) 

I have never heard of an embassy that didn't want the petitioner to do the I-134 as well, even if their income is 0.

 

Hopefully you realize that won't work for AOS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

I have never heard of an embassy that didn't want the petitioner to do the I-134 as well, even if their income is 0.

 

Hopefully you realize that won't work for AOS.

I have got an I-134 filled out by my Fiance as well just in case, but from what I understand, London don't want it.

 

But yes, by the time Adjustment of Status comes around, my Fiance will have started her full time job which is perfect. Even if she did not however, her mother could be a Co-sponsor to meet to requirements

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LiamT7 said:

Thank you so much Wuozopo, you are always here to help, I really appreciate it. (I was hoping you would see this :) )

 

One unrelated thing, would you be able to confirm if I need photocopies of everything? Because I have about 100-200 pages worth of supporting documents for the I-134 and I don't want to do all of the photocopying and printing it for nothing.

 

The only ready I ask is because on the Embassy website, it states "You are required to obtain the original or certified copy, and one photocopy". I assume they just mean a photocopy of the I-134 and not all supporting documents as well?

The website has said photocopies forever...well I only go back to 2008 or so. But for at least three years now,  it has been stated over and over in interview reports that they do not want photocopies. They scan things now and are more digital rather than keeping a huge paper file containing your documents and evidence. 

 

Can I just say that 100-200 supporting pages for the I-134 is w-a-y too much. It's a doddle. Did you just read what Frobert wrote about his interview this week?

Here I was asked for my appointment letter/Courier info, Ds-160 confirmation, birth certificate (original), police report (original), passport photo and affidavit of support. with the affidavit he kept the form and a confirmation letter of employment but gave me back copies of wage stumps and tax return which he said weren't needed.

 

He passed on one page of proof. I have read the same thing weekly for 10 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Can I just say that 100-200 supporting pages for the I-134 is w-a-y too much. It's a doddle. Did you just read what Frobert wrote about his interview this week?

Here I was asked for my appointment letter/Courier info, Ds-160 confirmation, birth certificate (original), police report (original), passport photo and affidavit of support. with the affidavit he kept the form and a confirmation letter of employment but gave me back copies of wage stumps and tax return which he said weren't needed.

I see... The reason for it is all of the bank statements, I have 1 years worth. Thank you for letting me know, I am will have a read of Frobert's post!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...