LiamT7

[K1] Small Mistake on I-134

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, LiamT7 said:

I see... The reason for it is all of the bank statements, I have 1 years worth. Thank you for letting me know, I am will have a read of Frobert's post!

Who brings bank statements? A year's worth?? You have spent too much time reading the K1 forums where they scare you to death about minor things. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Who brings bank statements? A year's worth?? You have spent too much time reading the K1 forums where they scare you to death about minor things. 

I guess I have been haha. Well, I guess it's best to have too much than too little! :) 

Timeline
Just now, LiamT7 said:

I guess I have been haha. Well, I guess it's best to have too much than too little! :) 

LOL. I kinda think it's impossible to have too little in London. They are really nice and want you to succeed. I hope you have also read that they aren't going to want to look at any ongoing evidence of relationship either.  Lighten your load a bit. It's going to be so much easier than you are imagining. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

LOL. I kinda think it's impossible to have too little in London. They are really nice and want you to succeed. I hope you have also read that they aren't going to want to look at any ongoing evidence of relationship either.  Lighten your load a bit. It's going to be so much easier than you are imagining. 

I have heard that, most people seem to be nervous before (like me), and then shocked by simple and straight forward it is afterwards haha.

In regards to the ongoing evidence, I have seen you write that on other posts and have taken the advise :) 

Thank you Wuozopo, you have made this whole process a lot easier for me and a lot of other people, you are great.

Timeline

as a follow up, i forgot to mention in my original post that I had also brought tax returns and info on stocks and bonds from last year but was never even asked for them. As long as the income requirements are met from primary income they don't care about the rest!

I was asked for a single paystub for my fiancé. The one I handed them was at the top of the pile and was 8 months old, and they didn't question it. No relationship evidence requested either. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

All I was asked was how many times we have met, whether I have applied for a US visa before, and when my last visit to the US was, and that was it. The interviewing officer looked at something on his screen, and commented that there's a shortage of my skillset in the US (based on my profession) and that I would find a job immediately, if I hadn't already got one lined up, and said it was his pleasure to approve me.

Just remember that you don't need to join the queue for non-immigrant visas when you get past security, and can head straight upstairs. I accidentally joined the line indoors for the people applying for US tourist visas!

There's more scrutiny at the AOS stage, but for now you can relax as it sounds like you are more than well prepared. Enjoy your visit to the embassy. 
It's a spectacular building, and a well-oiled machine, so don't anticipate any issues 😁

Edited by coltr

Timeline
7 hours ago, Frobert said:

as a follow up, i forgot to mention in my original post that I had also brought tax returns and info on stocks and bonds from last year but was never even asked for them. As long as the income requirements are met from primary income they don't care about the rest!

Thank you for the information, very useful!

Timeline
27 minutes ago, coltr said:

I was asked for a single paystub for my fiancé. The one I handed them was at the top of the pile and was 8 months old, and they didn't question it. No relationship evidence requested either. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

All I was asked was how many times we have met, whether I have applied for a US visa before, and when my last visit to the US was, and that was it. The interviewing officer looked at something on his screen, and commented that there's a shortage of my skillset in the US (based on my profession) and that I would find a job immediately, if I hadn't already got one lined up, and said it was his pleasure to approve me.

Just remember that you don't need to join the queue for non-immigrant visas when you get past security, and can head straight upstairs. I accidentally joined the line indoors for the people applying for US tourist visas!

There's more scrutiny at the AOS stage, but for now you can relax as it sounds like you are more than well prepared. Enjoy your visit to the embassy. 
It's a spectacular building, and a well-oiled machine, so don't anticipate any issues 😁

From what I am hearing, and what I have heard in the past, the London embassy seems a very straight forward and easy process, so thank you for all of the information, I appreciate it :) 

I will keep that in mind, I will want to get it done as quickly as possible so I can relax. I believe Frobert said it was the blue door you want to go through. :D 

The AOS stage does seems long winded, but the hardest part about the whole process, as I am sure is for many, is being apart from your significant other for so long, so the AOS stage should be better no matter what.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your input! :) 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, LiamT7 said:

The AOS stage does seems long winded, but the hardest part about the whole process, as I am sure is for many, is being apart from your significant other for so long, so the AOS stage should be better no matter what.

Amen! 😅

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

My fiance only sent me the I-134, do i need a confirmation letter of employment and a pay slip too?

K1 Visa             

Sent - 26th Aug 2018

NOA1 -  6th Sept 2018

NOA2 -  23rd Feb 2019

NVC sent to embassy - 2nd April 2019

Medical - 21st May 2019

Interview - 31st May 2019

Approved! 

K-1 in hand - 10th June 2019

POE - 4th July 2019

Timeline
2 hours ago, Seanandrach said:

My fiance only sent me the I-134, do i need a confirmation letter of employment and a pay slip too?

I have had my interview since I posted this, and all they asked me for was a letter of employment. I brought tons of other evidence too, tax returns, W2s, payslips, bank statements, etc. but all they asked for was a letter on employment showing the salary, position, etc.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Seanandrach said:

How else would they have some kind of proof of income? Anybody could fill out the I-134 and say they were earning $250,000 a year. There needs to be documentation of everything in immigration. 

The form instructions will name the supporting evidence for any immigration form.

"As the sponsor, you must show you have sufficient income or financial resources to assure that the foreign national you are sponsoring will not become a public charge while in the United States.

Evidence should consist of copies of any of the documents listed below that apply to your situation.

Failure to provide evidence of sufficient income or financial resources may result in the denial of the foreign national’s application for a visa or his or her removal from the United States. "

I -134 instructions https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-134instr.pdf?download=1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.