andreaam

ARGENTINA Packet 3 + Embassy interview

643 posts in this topic

Just now, andyazcu said:

Adding to the positive vibes on this thread, my fiancé flies tonight and I'll be picking him up at JFK tomorrow morning 🎉🎉🎉

Safe travels and happy coupling! :) 

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, andyazcu said:

Adding to the positive vibes on this thread, my fiancé flies tonight and I'll be picking him up at JFK tomorrow morning 🎉🎉🎉

Awesome! Safe travels and congratulations!

Hi everyone! Is there a thread for IR1/CR1 filers from Argentina? It seems like it is very uncommon... I am trying to figure out how long it is taking people to be scheduled for interviews at the BA Embassy these days. It has been almost a month since we were cleared for an interview at the embassy and we haven't heard anything yet. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, santidzi said:

Hi everyone! Is there a thread for IR1/CR1 filers from Argentina? It seems like it is very uncommon... I am trying to figure out how long it is taking people to be scheduled for interviews at the BA Embassy these days. It has been almost a month since we were cleared for an interview at the embassy and we haven't heard anything yet. 

Hey there!

Did you have the Interview already or not? If you did, where you approved on the spot or had to give more proof?

For me, my visa was approved on the spot and had VOH 5 days later. 

20 minutes ago, andreaam said:

Hey there!

Did you have the Interview already or not? If you did, where you approved on the spot or had to give more proof?

For me, my visa was approved on the spot and had VOH 5 days later. 

We filed for an IR1/CR1 visa, it is a different process than K1. We were given the OK from the National Visa Center, who collected all of our documents, and our case was sent to the BA embassy so that they could schedule an interview. We got the OK a month ago and the BA embassy has not contacted us yet to schedule an interview date. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, santidzi said:

We filed for an IR1/CR1 visa, it is a different process than K1. We were given the OK from the National Visa Center, who collected all of our documents, and our case was sent to the BA embassy so that they could schedule an interview. We got the OK a month ago and the BA embassy has not contacted us yet to schedule an interview date. 

It has many similarities though. 
Did you email the embassy at any point?

12 minutes ago, andreaam said:

It has many similarities though. 
Did you email the embassy at any point?

Yes, they have not responded.

IR1/CR1 visas are not email-based though, they are all processed through a separate online system, so the embassy wouldn't normally be in contact with us at all. The NVC handles it and informs us of the interview date directly.

I am just wondering if anyone else has received an interview date recently to get an idea of what availability is like at the embassy these days. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, santidzi said:

Yes, they have not responded.

IR1/CR1 visas are not email-based though, they are all processed through a separate online system, so the embassy wouldn't normally be in contact with us at all. The NVC handles it and informs us of the interview date directly.

I am just wondering if anyone else has received an interview date recently to get an idea of what availability is like at the embassy these days. 

A lot of K1 are waiting for interview spots too. From my experience with the embassy, they answered emails really fast. But lately they’ve been taking their time. I don’t really know why. 
Sorry for not being more helpful. I would say keep insisting and try to find some answers. Is better than nothing. 

Timeline

@santidzi I'm on the k1 visa process, waiting for the interview. I know it's not the same, but I would keep trying to contact them through e-mail.  Because as @andreaam said, they are taking a lot of time lately. For us the case was ready by the end of december and I had news from the embassy by mid January ( because I called and e-mailed) I've been asking since then to open more spots for interviews. So far, they haven't open any spots. I hope that helps.

Timeline

This may be a stupid question but when traveling to the US on a K-1 fiance visa, a round-trip ticket is not needed is it? A one-way ticket is all we need since we plan on getting married and staying in the US but I know that CBP and airlines can be sketchy about a one-way ticket. Thanks in advance for any help!

Timeline
1 hour ago, MikeyBee said:

This may be a stupid question but when traveling to the US on a K-1 fiance visa, a round-trip ticket is not needed is it? A one-way ticket is all we need since we plan on getting married and staying in the US but I know that CBP and airlines can be sketchy about a one-way ticket. Thanks in advance for any help!

I booked a round trip because it was cheaper than a one way. I know people that came with One way ticket and neither them or me had problem at costumes or POE

Edited by andreaam

Timeline
21 hours ago, andreaam said:

I booked a round trip because it was cheaper than a one way. I know people that came with One way ticket and neither them or me had problem at costumes or POE

Good to know. Thanks!

Updates from us:

POE 2/4 at JFK. He was taken to a separate line for immigration and gave the officer his envelope and passport. Was super easy, only a few questions about how we met, when the wedding is, etc. In and out in less than 10 minutes. Actually the fastest he’s ever gone through customs 😂

Went today to apply for his SSN in Brooklyn and had no problems. Presented his passport, his I-94, and SSN application. Brought his birth certificate too but didn’t need it. The guy asked him a few questions about how many times he’s been in the U.S., if he’s allowed to work (we told him with the K1 we will have the EAD thru AOS soon), and we were told once we get the green card to come back and update the SSN card to the normal one (without the “valid for work only with INS authorization” printed on it). Should be getting it in the mail in 2 weeks 🥳

So far things are going very smoothly!

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Timeline

Hi all, 

We're filling out the DS-160 form and I have a few questions on this. I (the petitioner) am currently living in Argentina with my fiancé and have been for 2 years, but still have my legal residence in the US. When we first filed the I129F, I put my current address as our address here in Buenos Aires. 

For the DS-160, I'm wondering if I should list my (permanent) address in the US. This applies to a few questions:

US Point of Contact

Do you have any immediate relatives in the US?

Fiancee's address

I think ideally I'd want all of this to match up, correct? So if I'm putting myself as his US contact and relative in the US, I should list my address in the US. My only concern is getting flagged because this doesn't match the I129F. Has anyone else gone through this that can offer some insight? Thanks!

Timeline

Another bonus DS160 question: The Argentine passport doesn't have a "city where issued" section. Our research online shows that the equivalent would be "autoridad." My fiance's passport says Ranaper, so should we put that or Buenos Aires? It looks like Renaper is just the name of the office itself here in the city.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.