ashish1

Can I Do An Early Walk-In For Biometrics Appointment ?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Friends. I need yours advise regarding below mentioned matter. 

My wife received her biometrics scheduled appointment letter. It will be on May 16 for her US citizenship. But on that said week we will be away for 10 days. We called USCIS for the reschedule the appointment but representatives advised us go to walk-in and check it if they take it or not. USCIS won’t give any guarantee regarding whether they are accepted walk in or not. 

Her appointment will be at York, PA. Do you guys have any idea about are they accepting a walk in since we have a valid her appointment letter and valid picture id and her Green Card. 

Please advise us. Thanks in advance. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

You can always try. I did a walk-in once few years ago in another location. I was there very early before they opened the door. 

Edited by Sunnyland

I did a walk-in for my biometrics in Miami - about 18 months ago.  

The requirement for a walk-in there was proof that I couldn’t make the scheduled appointment - I had a plane ticket to show I was traveling away on business that week and couldn’t make it. 

I was then asked to go to the very back of the line - I arrived early before it had opened and a line of about 50+ people had formed - and I was told I would be seen last.  Fair enough.  I was seen, but I was not just waved in and it just happened without question, so be aware this could happen.  

⬇️ Immigration/Visa experience ⬇️

ESTA 

ESTA revoked

H1B for 2 years

B2 - Denied

B2 - Successful

AoS

Green Card

Green Card ROC

Naturalization

(AoS & GC via same sex marriage if it helps) 

So plenty experience to draw on to help you all out on......  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I did a walk in also early this February. Supervisor there said to stick with as they call it " Walk in Wednesday"  he said at most offices the best day to walk in is Wednesday. So if you're going to try it, shoot for a Wednesday late morning early afternoon. I went Wednesday at about 1pm and was in in out in under 15 minutes. There was no one there. But, every office is different.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.