AlenaS

Interview in 2 weeks. Have a few questions...

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I scheduled my interview for K-1 visa for May 16th. Medical exam - May 14th. Closer I get more questions come up to me:

1) I chose clinic for medical exam from 2 that were listed on embassy's site. But then I heard or read somewhere that embassy actually tells you what clinic to choose but it never happened to me. I did everything correct, right?

2) I misspelled few words in original I-129F. Or not misspelled but translated my address, name of my employer and my dad's name differently in I-129F and DS-160. Will I have any problems because of this?

3) Do I need to bring whole petition and all documents that we attached to it to the interview? Or I'll need only most recent photos and Skype talks?

4) When I was filling DS-160 form I still was employed but by the time of interview I'll quit. Can this cause a problem?

Please help me with answers or I'll go crazy 🤣

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you choose from embassy site for dr  / that is right

you can probably correct the misspelled words at interview / they care more about birth dates

bring documents they said to bring / they are not going to look at skype talks at interview but they may say bring them

only matters that the USC is working and can support you

but don't sell things and do this because you think you'll get a visa / need visa in hand to make major changes

2 hours ago, AlenaS said:

Hello everyone!

I scheduled my interview for K-1 visa for May 16th. Medical exam - May 14th. Closer I get more questions come up to me:

1) I chose clinic for medical exam from 2 that were listed on embassy's site. But then I heard or read somewhere that embassy actually tells you what clinic to choose but it never happened to me. I did everything correct, right?

2) I misspelled few words in original I-129F. Or not misspelled but translated my address, name of my employer and my dad's name differently in I-129F and DS-160. Will I have any problems because of this?

3) Do I need to bring whole petition and all documents that we attached to it to the interview? Or I'll need only most recent photos and Skype talks?

4) When I was filling DS-160 form I still was employed but by the time of interview I'll quit. Can this cause a problem?

1) you did it right 

2) mention that at the interview.

3) you don’t need to bring the application that you filled out. Only the confirmation page but bring it for yourself. If they ask you the information that you put on the application, you need to remember what you wrote. 

4) no problem with that.

in general i think you are overthinking. I’m sure it will be much easier than you expect. Good luck! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 hours ago, AlenaS said:

Hello everyone!

Choose whichever you like

Hardly so. I-129F is your fiance's responsibility, whereas DS-160 is your responsibility. You may be put into AP for a longer time but it's unlikely. Just print out your DS-160 and keep it to avoid repeated mistakes

No, go strictly by the Embassy's list as per their website

No

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone!

1. They don't tell you. We went to Medicom one, and it was extremely professional. No experience with the MUM one.
  2. You won't. I inadvertently misspelled my wife first name (used Russian version of latinization, unaware there is different Ukrainian one. Was never brought, nobody cared, Visa was issued to match Ukrainian version in her external passport. 
  3. Do not bring 129F. Do bring new photos and some Skype screenshots would be helpful. Don't go crazy with them. If you have a ring, they like to ask about it. No big deal if you don't. Do know names of your partner's parents. 
  4. No.

You will be fine. Do not overthink, or over answer questions. When attending medical, do ask them to do all vaccination, even though they are not needed for K-1 (will be needed later) You will get form DS-3025, make sure check box for "voluntarily completed vaccination requirements" is checked. Brinks your anketa with you, they will transcribe the ones you were given.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.