Lisa Pr

assembling the i129 petition

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone :)

I read a lot of different versions on how to assemble the petition, 

We have opted for a simple pile of a4 pages attached with a big binder clip and tabs at the bottom (as shown on the picture),

is that good enough or it's better to have a binder with 3 rings? ( all the people on youtube seem to do that)

Thanks again for all your advice, it's so stressful I feel like I have been checking the packet a million time and I am still worried I forgot something 😆😅

IMG_2503.jpg

11 minutes ago, Lisa Pr said:

is that good enough or it's better to have a binder with 3 rings?

No, Don't send a 3 ring binder. Keep it as simple as possible. I have done my fair share of sending petitions to USCIS and I always just used paperclips. All petitions will get scanned and copied at some point, so make it as easy for them to remove and scan as much as possible. They will appreciate it.  No stapling or other weird things. Just simple paperclips. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Keep it simple and easy for the adjudicator.  The whole thing is taken apart and re-assembled in USCIS format.  Use simple clips.  If you submit a three ring binder it ends up in the trash

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hobidyali said:

The way you did it is the same way I did, I added our passport photos in a ziplock bag in the front and the pictures in photo dividers. Good luck.

Thank you for your input , we plan to put the pictures and the money order in front too :)

Just now, Lisa Pr said:

Thank you for your input , we plan to put the pictures and the money order in front too :)

I wouldnt put the pictures in loose, I would either put them in a ziplock bag, I opted for those photo things, either way doesn't matter, so long as it is easy for them to go through and scan things easily, they tear it all apart anyway.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum. Assuming that you intended to ask for information for :

Form I-129F - Petition for Alien Fiance

and not:

Form I-129 - Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker.

Here is a link to a USCIS info page that speaks about "Form Filing Tips:"

uscis applicaton assembly

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya
inserting link

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pitaya said:

Welcome to the forum. Assuming that you intended to ask for information for :

Form I-129F - Petition for Alien Fiance

and not:

Form I-129 - Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker.

Here is a link to a USCIS info page that speaks about "Form Filing Tips:"

uscis applicaton assembly

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Yes, thank you for clarifying ! 😄

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Oh you are most welcome. Unfortunately I cannot get the system to do a hyperlink.....

Just google :  uscis applicaton assembly

and you should get the USCIS page.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

My Advice:

Use paper or binder clips as needed. 

For pictures scan them onto an a4 or 8.5 x11 page with dates, who is in them and where they are taken.

Anything "loose" should be put in a zip lock bag or envelope with the names on it and stapled to a piece of paper with the same info. 

Everything gets scanned in by a contractor who bid the lowest cost to the government to do the job.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

My Advice:

Use paper or binder clips as needed. 

For pictures scan them onto an a4 or 8.5 x11 page with dates, who is in them and where they are taken.

Anything "loose" should be put in a zip lock bag or envelope with the names on it and stapled to a piece of paper with the same info. 

Everything gets scanned in by a contractor who bid the lowest cost to the government to do the job.

Thank you very much for the advice, do you think that the money order should be put in zip lock bag too? 

6 minutes ago, Lisa Pr said:

do you think that the money order should be put in zip lock bag too? 

No - should be on the top.   

Make copies of everything you send.   We had a copy, of the packet as we sent in, for the interview and for my wife to be familiar with.

Never send any originals unless you are told to by USCIS or the State Department.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
1 minute ago, Paul & Mary said:

No - should be on the top.   

Make copies of everything you send.   We had a copy, of the packet as we sent in, for the interview and for my wife to be familiar with.

Never send any originals unless you are told to by USCIS or the State Department.

ok great , thank you again ! 

My fiancé and I prepared the packet together before I am flying back to France and I will take a copy of the packet with me for the interview. 

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.