502 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 minutes ago, JoeO"C said:

The question is what was your RFE for ?   If it was something simple then yes I can see it being cleared up rather quickly but something that will need confirmation from other sources will take a bit longer 

We originally sent a certified court document in stating that the case was thrown out and was deleted from the court records.

Our RFE was that they wanted a certified and sealed copy of the police record etc. So when he went to obtain one from the police, they informed him because it had been so many years since it happened it has now been deleted from their records. In any event he was given a letter duly stamped and certified explaining this with some other documents!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Carina Brown said:

We originally sent a certified court document in stating that the case was thrown out and was deleted from the court records.

Our RFE was that they wanted a certified and sealed copy of the police record etc. So when he went to obtain one from the police, they informed him because it had been so many years since it happened it has now been deleted from their records. In any event he was given a letter duly stamped and certified explaining this with some other documents!

FYI, My RFE was similar and they took 5 1/2 weeks to issue approval NOA2 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

Oh really! Our is 7 weeks. 

Am starting to get paranoid now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Don't panic.  The adjudicator assigned to your case may just have a heavier work load than others. Plus they check with other agencies on all criminal backgrounds and some adjudicators may do it after they  receive your RFE response  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, Maggiekhu said:

This waiting game is driving me crazy. People said we will get it in a month but everything seem to take so long

I know right! I'm going to call this Friday, we should hopefully both hear something from them by then 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, JoeO"C said:

Don't panic.  The adjudicator assigned to your case may just have a heavier work load than others. Plus they check with other agencies on all criminal backgrounds and some adjudicators may do it after they  receive your RFE response  

I can’t help but to panic 😪😵

Am Sure I’m the only U.K. fiancée waiting! 🤯😱

ok - I’m exaggerating 🤦🏻‍♀️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

Did you ever contact them and speak to a tier 2 officer regarding your RFE response?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, JAC&MEH said:

Did you ever contact them and speak to a tier 2 officer regarding your RFE response?

No, I just waited until I received the notice 

Timeline

4 minutes ago, Maggiekhu said:

I couldnt call because im out of the country now. Can you tell me the result after you call? 

Yes for sure, I'll let you know.

I just saw on one of the other topics some one got their case number yesterday (sept 30th) and their NOA2 was Sept 3!

So it looks like our turn is coming up

Edited by F&SS

Timeline
7 minutes ago, F&SS said:

Yes for sure, I'll let you know.

I just saw on one of the other topics some one got their case number yesterday (sept 30th) and their NOA2 was Sept 3!

So it looks like our turn is coming up

I think dont compare your case with others. That is where I went wrong. 

Keep positive however 👌🏽

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Carina Brown said:

I think dont compare your case with others. That is where I went wrong. 

Keep positive however 👌🏽

You're definitely right. Just hoping for the best.

Good luck to and well wishes to you. Hope you hear from them soon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

OK... Well here's an update for what it's worth.  As I am flying out tomorrow to go see my fiancee, I decided I would go ahead and try the whole Tier 2 thing.  Well as some others have shared, that was rather anti-climatic but I'm sure it's all dependent upon who you actually get.  I called this morning, asked for a Tier 2 and was scheduled a call back.  Four hours later, they actually did call back.  That's encouraging!  He started out pretty much reiterating exactly what the Tier 1 person had told me which I already knew.  They received my response on 9/9.  I already knew that but thanks!  I explained to him that I was trying to determine where they were in the process and if he could determine whether or not additional documentation may be needed seeing as how I was flying down tomorrow and could get whatever they might need.  All that elicited from him was that no additional information was required at this time.  Also very helpful!  NOT!!  At that point, he was ready to wrap it up but after waiting for 4 hours I was determined to get something out of it.  I asked him if there was anyway he could let me know where along the process it might be.  He put me on a brief hold and then came back to tell me that last status change was on 9/18.  Now that's something I didn't know but I have no idea actually what it means.

Timeline
On 10/1/2019 at 6:12 PM, Maggiekhu said:

I couldnt call because im out of the country now. Can you tell me the result after you call? 

I called today and they said they received my case #  on Oct 2nd but not case number as of yet!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.