Aaron&Clari

Passport photos without names

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hello all, I hope you can help with this question, please:

Will the USCIS send an RFE for passport photos that do not have our names on the back? Or could that cause a straight denial? Or may this not be an issue at all?

Thank you in advance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

We signed and dated the back, but did not print our names so technically we didn't follow directions. No RFE. Yours were blank on the back?

Edited by panamerican

Timeline
Just now, panamerican said:

We signed and dated the back, but did not print our names so technically we didn't follow directions. No RFE. Your's were blank on the back?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes. We replaced passport photos because the other ones were a bit older. So there's nothing on the back.

There's concern that we may get an RFE letter, but hopefully that will be the worst case. Surely, this is no cause for an outright denial? I have read in other places that the names, etc. are for reasons if the photographs get loose from the packet. We have included scanned passport pages, so we can still be identified that way.

Timeline
1 minute ago, atjones88 said:

Thank you for your reply.

Yes. We replaced passport photos because the other ones were a bit older. So there's nothing on the back.

There's concern that we may get an RFE letter, but hopefully that will be the worst case. Surely, this is no cause for an outright denial? I have read in other places that the names, etc. are for reasons if the photographs get loose from the packet. We have included scanned passport pages, so we can still be identified that way.

I'm really not sure, but I took the extra step and put each passport photo in a separate bag and labeled the bags with our names so they did not fall loose in the package like you said. My guess is that this can be overlooked as a simple mistake and probably is not grounds for denial assuming everything else is OK. There should be plenty of other evidence in the packet to identify who is who. Then again, this is government and rules are rules. If you get an RFE, don't sweat it as from what I understand, this means you are on the way to approval and just need to clear up some things.

Do yourself a favor, don't spend time stressing about this since you already sent it. I spent a lot of time stressing everything after I sent it only to get approved within 4 months. I think your mistake is so minor that it won't matter. Good luck.

Timeline
Just now, panamerican said:

I'm really not sure, but I took the extra step and put each passport photo in a separate bag and labeled the bags with our names so they did not fall loose in the package like you said. My guess is that this can be overlooked as a simple mistake and probably is not grounds for denial assuming everything else is OK. There should be plenty of other evidence in the packet to identify who is who. Then again, this is government and rules are rules. If you get an RFE, don't sweat it as from what I understand, this means you are on the way to approval and just need to clear up some things.

Do yourself a favor, don't spend time stressing about this since you already sent it. I spent a lot of time stressing everything after I sent it only to get approved within 4 months. I think your mistake is so minor that it won't matter. Good luck.

Thank you so much for the reassurance and wishes!

I have seen that the cases for a straight denial have a high threshold, and this is the only error that we can think of doing. I have also seen that RFE letters have been sent to those who have missed a signature in a form, which seems a bit more of a serious issue than the photographs.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

If you two are male and female, it’s highly unlikely they deny or send RFE for that as they would just match the photo based on sex even in case it gets shuffled. 

In case of same sex or multiple beneficiary  family petitions, they might send an RFE rather than going thru tedious process of trying to match the photo with passport photos or other available documents.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
1 minute ago, atjones88 said:

Thank you so much for the reassurance and wishes!

I have seen that the cases for a straight denial have a high threshold, and this is the only error that we can think of doing. I have also seen that RFE letters have been sent to those who have missed a signature in a form, which seems a bit more of a serious issue than the photographs.

Missing a signature in a form, in my opinion, seems like one of the most obvious mistakes that no one should make so it seems reasonable for them to deny a petition for that. It's just like buying a house or a car. They aren't going to sell it to you unless you sign the forms. I believe putting your name on the passport photos is simply so they cannot make a mistake as to who is who, but it can be figured out other ways. Don't stress it.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, arken said:

If you two are male and female, it’s highly unlikely they deny or send RFE for that as they would just match the photo based on sex even in case it gets shuffled. 

In case of same sex or multiple beneficiary  family petitions, they might send an RFE rather than going thru tedious process of trying to match the photo with passport photos or other available documents.

I was going to say this, too. A heterosexual couple is likely easy to identify assuming the names are obviously male and female. Same sex couples might have a problem, but they should still be able to figure out who is who.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.