Hotter Otter

Visiting Visa While IR1-CR1 Is Pending

1,029 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

Did you mention to them that you are married? "I  told him for vacation, where i will visit friends and the trips we have planned"

If not, it could be held against you as in reality you visited your wife, however, if they did not ask directly, you would be most properly alright.

They want to see ties to your home country when you visit, this is what they mean as documentation.

If you mention in May that you visit your wife, and that you filled the I-130 it could be that you are ok, as now they know

why you spend so much time in the US. You are from Switzerland, together with Austria , Scandinavia, Canada and Australia one of the best developed countries in the world. I think you can give it a shot if you prepare yourself well and bring enough ties to your home country with you.

I didnt mention it. Which now afterwerts in my opinion was stupid.

The reason i didnt was i was trying to go tru the easy way without allot of questions just like i did in the past and all went fine.

My story was not a lie. I did visit with friends. I collected proof of that as well.

But like you said they also didnt ask me directly. They where more interested in my "red eyes" than in anything else i was telling them.

If im coming back in may, i will mention it and i will also prepare myself with allot of evidence and proof that i intend to go back home.

Edited by Filters

21 minutes ago, Boiler said:

No need for you to be in the US to file an I 130.

You are right. But what about the evidence of a bonafide relationship? I had to get pictures, conversations, letters and so on. We had planed for me to come back anyways, to spend time together. So it was easyer for us this way than me sending all the stuff over. Is all that stuff not a requirement to send off in the I-130 packet? If not then now im just confused. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Filters said:

You are right. But what about the evidence of a bonafide relationship? I had to get pictures, conversations, letters and so on. We had planed for me to come back anyways, to spend time together. So it was easyer for us this way than me sending all the stuff over. Is all that stuff not a requirement to send off in the I-130 packet? If not then now im just confused. :D

very confusing especially as you work in IT.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

very confusing especially as you work in IT.

Im not sure if i understand your answer right.

We are talking a couple of hundert printouts. Ofc i could have just sent it all over per messenger or even per mail. Now we just did it that way. Meaning i did bring all those printouts already printed out with me. I am aware that this was probably not the smartest way to do it.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Filters said:

Im not sure if i understand your answer right.

We are talking a couple of hundert printouts. Ofc i could have just sent it all over per messenger or even per mail. Now we just did it that way. Meaning i did bring all those printouts already printed out with me. I am aware that this was probably not the smartest way to do it.

Especially as the US letter and Euopean A4 is not the same format so your package will look mixed up when you add her documents on US letter format to it.

Timeline

Begs the question what these printouts are of or for.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Begs the question what these printouts are of or for.

Facebook and other messenger conversations, skype call logs, pictures from vacations together, christmas cards, love letters and so on. As proof of a bonafide relationship.

12 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

Especially as the US letter and Euopean A4 is not the same format so your package will look mixed up when you add her documents on US letter format to it.

Good to know, so your saying it is better if everything is in the same format? I will do that then. Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Filters said:

Good to know, so your saying it is better if everything is in the same format? I will do that then. Thanks

We printed everything on one format as the other format is wider or longer, thus, looks like a mix up.

I guess they will accept both formats but it will not look very nice arranged.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Filters said:

Facebook and other messenger conversations, skype call logs, pictures from vacations together, christmas cards, love letters and so on. As proof of a bonafide relationship.

Wow

Mayve spend some of that 10 weeks looking at what is required.

15 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Wow

Mayve spend some of that 10 weeks looking at what is required.

I know what's required and that's what i did bring. See the thing is we are doing CR-1 and you did K-1. It might have been different for you.

Note: Evidence of a Bonifide Marriage 
The USCIS now requires that when filing an I-130 for a spouse that you include evidence of a bonifide marriage. They list examples of acceptable evidence as:
1. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or
2. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or
3. Documentation showing co-mingling of financialresources; or
4. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, thepetitioner, and your spouse together; or
5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person makingthe affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and detailsexplaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage); or

Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.    ;) 

Edited by Filters

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Filters said:

I know what's required and that's what i did bring.

Note: Evidence of a Bonifide Marriage 
The USCIS now requires that when filing an I-130 for a spouse that you include evidence of a bonifide marriage. They list examples of acceptable evidence as:
1. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or
2. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or
3. Documentation showing co-mingling of financialresources; or
4. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, thepetitioner, and your spouse together; or
5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person makingthe affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and detailsexplaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage); or

Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.    ;) 

Exactly my point

5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Exactly my point

Well we got number 5 & 6 from that list.

1-4 we dont have since we dont live together yet.

Number 6 are all those printouts. Its better than nothing i would say.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sixteen posts have been removed.

Some argued for actual or borderline-illegal activity or could be thus misinterpreted.

Some were characterized by bickering and near-insults.

Some quoted or referred to the above.

Drop the recent discussion about Adjustment and move on.

Persisting will result in administrative action.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.