Pixelx

K1 Visa interview - passport style photos.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello, so I got my interview this week and went to the photographer today to get my passport style photos taken that is required for the interview.

Now the american size isn't standard here so it took awhile to get them, and when I did get the photos they were uncut as in I had to cut them myself - which I did...

Was trying to be super careful but I still messed it up and they are cut slightly wonky, and one side might be a mm too short.

Just asking how strict are they? Am I fine with bringing these 2 pictures - that are aaaalmost straight, slightly off or should I go get new ones taken again?
Sigh.

Thanks for any advice.

K1 Process 
2018-07-20 - Application sent
2018-07-31 - NOA1
2019-01-04 - NOA2 by mail, approved! 😚

2019-04-01 - Medical
2019-04-11 - Interview, Approved! 🙌💗

2019-04-25 - Visa in hand 😊

2019-05-28 - PoE!

2019-06-20 - Married! 💍❤️

AOS Process

2019-08-19 - Application sent

2019-09-09 - NOA

2019-11-07 - Biometrics

2020-03-28   Original interview date
2020-04-08 - Application approved without interview! 👏
2020-04-14 - Green Card received! ❤️🙏

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Pixelx said:

Hello, so I got my interview this week and went to the photographer today to get my passport style photos taken that is required for the interview.

Now the american size isn't standard here so it took awhile to get them, and when I did get the photos they were uncut as in I had to cut them myself - which I did...

Was trying to be super careful but I still messed it up and they are cut slightly wonky, and one side might be a mm too short.

Just asking how strict are they? Am I fine with bringing these 2 pictures - that are aaaalmost straight, slightly off or should I go get new ones taken again?
Sigh.

Thanks for any advice.

50mm x 49mm I doubt will even be noticed 

YMMV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Halee said:

It will not be an issue, proceed with what you have.

Good luck.

Thank you!

K1 Process 
2018-07-31 - NOA1

2019-04-01 - Medical

2019-05-28 - PoE!

AOS Process

2019-09-09 - NOA

2019-11-07 - Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

A couple of millimeters off here and there shouldn't be an issue. They won't use a ruler to measure it. All the best with your interview. Let us know how it goes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

A couple of millimeters off here and there shouldn't be an issue. They won't use a ruler to measure it. All the best with your interview. Let us know how it goes.

They may not use a ruler but they do use the attached template ... the most important measurements are the chin to top of head and cantering of the photo. Check that yours meet these requirements 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos/photo-composition-template.html

Edited by Lil bear

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

They may not use a ruler but they do use the attached template ... the most important measurements are the chin to top of head and cantering of the photo. Check that yours meet these requirements 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos/photo-composition-template.html

I still think a couple mm off of the physical paper passport picture shouldn't be an issue but the other specifics in the link are absolutely important.

Edited by nastra30

Timeline

Hey guys, had my interview yesterday. Approved!
Also, they just took the pictures when they asked for my documents and said nothing about them, so they worked just fine. 😊

K1 Process 
2018-07-31 - NOA1

2019-04-01 - Medical

2019-05-28 - PoE!

AOS Process

2019-09-09 - NOA

2019-11-07 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.