Hook_Grapp

Getting passport back while case in Administrative Processing

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello, 

My fiance had her interview on march 6th at the Montreal consulate. We have been in administrative processing since then. We do not know long the wait is going to be at this point. She is thinking about withdrawing her passport so she can visit her mother overseas while the processing continues. Has anyone emailed the consulate to get the passport back? How long is the process? Would the consulate contact her when the processing is complete? how long after that would she get her visa stamp after they have told her that processing is complete? 

thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She can contact the Consulate and ask them to return her passport. They will contact her when they need the Passport.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Has she inquired about what the hold up is? Our interview was last week and I got my visa today.

Most people get theirs within a week of interview it seems. Did they say anything at the interview that could be holding up her file?

I would think requesting the passport will delay your case even further so it doesn't seem like an ideal situation to request it back..

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

Timeline

We have no idea. they only respond to our inquiries with generic emails. She's a permanent resident not a citizen of Canada so we're thinking that's one of the reason its taking so long. Her mom has a surgery upcoming in India which she wants to be there for. We don't know how long this process is going to take...could be months for all we know. We want to at least know how long it will delay the process hence the question. really frustrated with the system. 

Edited by Hook_Grapp

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.