AMIT J

RFE and Criminal History (split)

5 posts in this topic

{Mod Action}

Post split from old thread. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

On 4/5/2019 at 4:51 AM, AMIT J said:

Congratulations on your wedding. 

I came to your post because of RFE post about arrest.

I had a wrong conviction and the case was dismissed. 

What exactly your fiance sent? If you do not mind helping me out.... Thanks.

hey, thank you.

Basically what we did is, we drove up to the state/county where the juvenile record and everything else was and asked the courthouse to give us copies of everything they had. For the juvenile they only had 2 sheets of papers, but for the arrests they basically had the police report (i think), like it wasnt a lot. Maybe 1 or 2 piece of paper per arrest.

So if i was you, I would go to the courthouse (depending where those arrests etc were) and ask for certified copies of all records they had about it. If its juvenile and they can give you something (anything is fine) then youre good to go. The person at our courthouse said we could pay and they could get the stuff out of the archive but we did not do that and just sent in what they had. BUT we also wrote a letter stating, that this was everything they had about it. Our RFE was approved within 5 or 6 days without problems.

Im sorry that i cant tell you exactly what these papers where called, but just ask them about your arrest/juvenile records etc and send in what they have with an extra letter stating it was all they got.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Annikena said:

Are you sure about that? From my understanding when reading up on it stated that we cant. Did you ask at the DMV?

12 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

I did not ask the DMV. I am reciting from other members here on VJ and on Facebook groups. Im not sure the process for obtaining it in your home country, but it is allowed. 

In my particular case, I had an international driver's license and this is what happened to me:

The international driver's license in the USA was good enough for rental car companies but for our family's auto insurance policy for personal cars I needed a valid state driver's license.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Juniper said:

In my particular case, I had an international driver's license and this is what happened to me:

The international driver's license in the USA was good enough for rental car companies but for our family's auto insurance policy for personal cars I needed a valid state driver's license.

Oh wow thank you for clarifying. Those who I knew drove, did rent cars. Ok thanks for letting me know. Ill call DMV anyways on Monday to see if its changed, etc. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.