Boiler

Video of Assault on Transgender Woman in Paris Spurs Outrage, and a Shift

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/04/world/europe/transgender-woman-attacked-paris.html

PARIS — Video footage showing men assaulting a transgender woman during a demonstration in central Paris last weekend has prompted outrage and debate about transphobic attitudes in the country, in what some activists called a shift in France’s attitude toward transgender people.

The video, filmed on Sunday during one of the large, weekly demonstrations held by members of the expatriate Algerian community against Abdelaziz Bouteflika, who resigned as president of Algeria this week, shows the woman being taunted by several men and being repeatedly punched by one of them.

The footage had been viewed more than two million times on social media by Thursday.

Marlène Schiappa, France’s minister for gender equality, called the assault “clearly transphobic” and “unacceptable.” She said on Twitter, “The perpetrators must be identified and prosecuted.”

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Minister for gender gender equality? Has it come this far?

Not condoning the attacks, but does it truly require a Ministry level position to manage?

Timeline

Well misgendering is a criminal issue in the UK and Canada, France I am not so sure about.

Just wondering how the Activists are going to resolve this.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

i AM OLD, i AM ISOLATED i AM OUT OF TOUCH 

misgendering - never heard of it before CEHST

CIS - never heard of it before CEHST

More than 2 sexes - never heard of it before CEHST

I am well educated, well read, consider myself relatively open-minded with a conservative bent but daily I encounter concepts that escape me 

Timeline

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/canadian-lawmakers-pass-bill-extending-transgender-protections-n773421

The Canadian Senate passed Bill C-16 by a 67-11 vote. The bill adds prohibitions against discrimination on the basis of gender identity and gender expression to the Canadian Human Rights Act, amends the criminal code to extend protections against hate speech and allows judges to take into consideration when sentencing whether a crime was motivated by hatred of the victim’s gender identity or expression.

Timeline

https://spectator.us/misgendering-child-british-journalist/

Another woman in Britain is facing a police investigation – and potentially, a jail sentence – because she wrote things online about sex, gender and a person who changed gender.

So far, so familiar, but this tale has a significant feature. The woman is a journalist. A British police force is investigating a journalist over words that she published.

Caroline Farrow, 44, is the subject of an investigation by Surrey Police over tweets she sent referring to the adult child of Susie Green, head of Mermaids, a charity concerned with transgender children.  Farrow says the investigation arises because she ‘misgendered’ the child, who was born male but now identifies as female.

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/canadian-lawmakers-pass-bill-extending-transgender-protections-n773421

The Canadian Senate passed Bill C-16 by a 67-11 vote. The bill adds prohibitions against discrimination on the basis of gender identity and gender expression to the Canadian Human Rights Act, amends the criminal code to extend protections against hate speech and allows judges to take into consideration when sentencing whether a crime was motivated by hatred of the victim’s gender identity or expression.

I looked it up when you posted that, I was merely stating I had no knowledge of what it even was, prior to you typing the word

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Well misgendering is a criminal issue in the UK and Canada, France I am not so sure about.

Just wondering how the Activists are going to resolve this.

My thoughts as well.  How do we know that these assaulters identify themselves as men?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Boiler said:

https://spectator.us/misgendering-child-british-journalist/

Another woman in Britain is facing a police investigation – and potentially, a jail sentence – because she wrote things online about sex, gender and a person who changed gender.

So far, so familiar, but this tale has a significant feature. The woman is a journalist. A British police force is investigating a journalist over words that she published.

Caroline Farrow, 44, is the subject of an investigation by Surrey Police over tweets she sent referring to the adult child of Susie Green, head of Mermaids, a charity concerned with transgender children.  Farrow says the investigation arises because she ‘misgendered’ the child, who was born male but now identifies as female.

Just WOW!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Bill & Katya said:

My thoughts as well.  How do we know that these assaulters identify themselves as men?

So those complaining  could themselve be guilty of an offence, hmmm.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

So those complaining  could themselve be guilty of an offence, hmmm.

That is what I am thinking.  Good thing this didn't happen in the UK, the reporter(s) may have been put under investigation.  The other thing I missed is that this seems to stem from some that practice the RoP, or maybe they were Amish.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Bill & Katya said:

That is what I am thinking.  Good thing this didn't happen in the UK, the reporter(s) may have been put under investigation.  The other thing I missed is that this seems to stem from some that practice the RoP, or maybe they were Amish.

No mention of any Religious connection, Amish or otherwise.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

No mention of any Religious connection, Amish or otherwise.

You are right.  I guess I was making the connection given the Algerian demonstration.  Bad on my part.  Reported, Do Not Pass Go and lose all Rep Points to the Mods.

55 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

that's a tack I didn't take .. so you think Rumspringa gone bad may be at the root of the issue ?

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

that's a tack I didn't take .. so you think Rumspringa gone bad may be at the root of the issue ?

I had to google that, could be.