ira1712

Speed EAD/AP ( health problem)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

USCIS creates problems not only with work, but also with a driver's license. I do not have a driver's license. A week ago, my husband started have problems with his leg. He practically does not walk (only to the toilet with a crutch). He was hit by a car a few years ago, he has had  several surgeries . There are several metal plates in his right leg in the thigh and in the knee, one leg shorter than the other (he uses special shoes). We are engaged in analyzes and X-rays. I plan to file my case speed . Only 5 days was left to request and they make changes again.....( I am 4 October filer). Has anyone heard how quickly such cases can be considered?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ira1712 said:

USCIS creates problems not only with work, but also with a driver's license. I do not have a driver's license. A week ago, my husband started have problems with his leg. He practically does not walk (only to the toilet with a crutch). He was hit by a car a few years ago, he has had  several surgeries . There are several metal plates in his right leg in the thigh and in the knee, one leg shorter than the other (he uses special shoes). We are engaged in analyzes and X-rays. I plan to file my case speed . Only 5 days was left to request and they make changes again.....( I am 4 October filer). Has anyone heard how quickly such cases can be considered?

It isn't USCIS, it's just part of the process with the AOS and the state's requirements of proof of status. The state's requirement has nothing to do with USCIS.  Though how illegals get DL's in Cali I'm amazed since seems like everyone else can't.

As to your issue right now, you could request an expedite do to possible financial loss because of his inability to curently work, or can always go apply for jobs and if you receive a job offer can attempt to expedite with the offer. No issues with trying that stuff.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline

Unfortunately, I can not get permission to take even a theoretical test, because I do not have a second document confirming my identity. How people who are  an illegal to do it -  for me remains a mystery.🤨                                                                                                                                                                                       

Also, I do not have SSN , I arrived on a K 1 visa and did not know that I could receive it during the term of my visa.  Do you think my case can go in the direction of an emergency situation? (my husband is a pensioner and has no financial losses). My waiting time already 6 month. I need a car to take care about my husband because he is supposed to have another surgery and a recovery period. Thanks.

Edited by ira1712
grammar mistake

Timeline
1 hour ago, databit said:

Hard to argue for needing a car when there are so many cities in CA with medical transport services, plus taxicabs, Uber and Lyft.

Thank you for your kindness.🙂

Timeline

Sorry to hear of this issue. 6+ months for EAD/AP is frankly, unacceptable. It took my wife 4 months to get hers and even that seemed like an eternity.

You can try requesting an expedite claiming hardship, it doesn't hurt, and there have been some successful cases. At 6 months you should probably get it soon regardless. Hopefully you can get the license fast in your state - in our state you need to book the road test 3+ months beforehand or show up at 4am to wait in line hoping someone cancels or is a no show later in the day .... 😰

Good luck. 

Edited by PolskaKielbasia

19 minutes ago, ira1712 said:

Unfortunately, I can not get permission to take even a theoretical test, because I do not have a second document confirming my identity. How people who are  an illegal to do it -  for me remains a mystery.🤨

You can apply. Ask for the AB 60 license. K-1 immigrants can also get this because, according to the CA DMV, K-1s without EADs don't have "satisfactory proof of legal presence"; look at the thread below:

Here is the CA DMV page: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/ab60

Timeline
1 hour ago, treppenwitz said:

You can apply. Ask for the AB 60 license. K-1 immigrants can also get this because, according to the CA DMV, K-1s without EADs don't have "satisfactory proof of legal presence"; look at the thread below:

Here is the CA DMV page: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/ab60

Thank you a lot.

I have a passport. The site is written AND social security number. Does this mean that this is an indispensable condition? I don't have a SSN .

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by ira1712
mistake

3 minutes ago, ira1712 said:

Does this mean that this is an indispensable condition? I don't have a SSN .

1. Select "I do not possess any of the documents listed above" and press "Next"
  2. Select "Foreign passport, consular identification card, foreign national identification card, or a foreign driver's license. If the foreign driver's license is in a language other than English, it shall be accompanied by a certified translation or an affidavit of translation into English." and press "Next"
  3. Select something from the list you have then select "Next"

Timeline
3 hours ago, treppenwitz said:
  1. Select "I do not possess any of the documents listed above" and press "Next"
  2. Select "Foreign passport, consular identification card, foreign national identification card, or a foreign driver's license. If the foreign driver's license is in a language other than English, it shall be accompanied by a certified translation or an affidavit of translation into English." and press "Next"
  3. Select something from the list you have then select "Next"

treppenwitz, thank you for your support and valuable advice. Also, thanks to everyone who answered in my topic. I will deal with this process today and will report the results of my story. Perhaps this will help people who are in my situation.

Timeline
On 4/3/2019 at 5:04 PM, ira1712 said:

treppenwitz, thank you for your support and valuable advice. Also, thanks to everyone who answered in my topic. I will deal with this process today and will report the results of my story. Perhaps this will help people who are in my situation.

Today I visited the office DMV with the purpose of applying for the AB60 driver's license  and passing the written test. Previously on the site, I passed a special test for the availability of documents, after which they sent me notifications that the documents I have, give me the opportunity to apply for this tipe of driver's license.

Even with the successful pass of a written test, the next step is to check all the documents provided. The term of the investigation is 6 months. During this time, you do not have a learning permit (you can not learn how to drive and drive in a car with another person).  After 6 month investigation, you have the right to pass the driver's test, if your documets wiil be confirmed.

As far as I understood, this program is designed for California's illegal immigrants (this driver's license is only for this state), therefore such a waiting period.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.