Summy87

Question about Tourist Visa (split)

26 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dp3343 said:

I want to understand this very well ( I didn't send anything nor my parents brought anything with them to the US embassy) you mean, it was not required to show your supporting document for the sponsorships?

It was not required to show ANYTHING during my parents' B2 interview. There's no "sponsorship" for B2 applications. Don't confuse it with an immigrant petition. If you're paying for the entire trip, put name and job in the DS160 and that's it. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, apple21 said:

It was not required to show ANYTHING during my parents' B2 interview. There's no "sponsorship" for B2 applications. Don't confuse it with an immigrant petition. If you're paying for the entire trip, put name and job in the DS160 and that's it. 

Okay I can understand....what of if you are paying for the trip does someone need to added statement of his/her account?

4 minutes ago, Dp3343 said:

Okay I can understand....what of if you are paying for the trip does someone need to added statement of his/her account?

No. It is on the DS160 form. It literally asks, "Who is paying for your trip?".

That is it. It is as simple as that.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

@Dp3343

There is NO sponsorship for visitor visas. You are not sponsoring her, you are simply paying the expenses for the trip. There is no requirement to show supporting documents because there is no requirement to be sponsored for a visitor visa.

The US government even says so on the official visitor visa website...

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa.

It is a common foreigner's myth that invitation letters, affidavits of support, and other financial documents from someone in the USA is needed in order to get a visitor visa.

Okay I understand....lastly: if you have a visiting letter to come and celebrate married anniversary with your brother in usa and consular asked you the propose of going to usa. Is it enough answer to gain a visa ??? Or is there any other reasons??

6 minutes ago, Dp3343 said:

Okay I understand....lastly: if you have a visiting letter to come and celebrate married anniversary with your brother in usa and consular asked you the propose of going to usa. Is it enough answer to gain a visa ??? Or is there any other reasons??

Nobody can tell you if you will get a visa. Only thing you can do is answer the question honestly. There is no document or action that you can take that will guarantee an approval. Even if you have a good compelling reason with good supporting evidence, you could still be denied.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Dp3343 said:

No.  Telling your purpose for visiting the US is not enough to gain a visa.   The US only slightly care why you want to visit the US.  

You have to show strong ties to your home country to overcome the legal presumption that all visa applicants intend to immigrate to the US.  What are the compelling reasons for you to go home if you are allowed to visit the US?  That is what is important. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Anybody can come up with a reason to visit, the issue is why they need to go home.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
33 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

No.  Telling your purpose for visiting the US is not enough to gain a visa.   The US only slightly care why you want to visit the US.  

You have to show strong ties to your home country to overcome the legal presumption that all visa applicants intend to immigrate to the US.  What are the compelling reasons for you to go home if you are allowed to visit the US?  That is what is important. 

Okay I understand very well

Timeline
4 hours ago, Dp3343 said:

Again, an invitation letter is NOT needed. If asked for purpose of trip, you answer truthfully, "I'll attend my brother's wedding anniversary party". Simple as that. The more you over think it, the more you worry and get confused. There is no straight road to a visa approval. That's why being consistent is the key. And keep your trip SHORT. Lengthy trips raise suspicions. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Boiler said:

Anybody can come up with a reason to visit, the issue is why they need to go home.

True.

Here comes the JOB that they list on the DS160. I assume the US Embassy "judge" the applicants based on this (as reason for them to not be tempted to seek employment in the US).

My younger brother (single, in his 30's) holds a senior managerial position at a US company that's based in the Philippines and he was approved for a B2 on his first application attempt. 

Edited by apple21

Timeline
18 hours ago, apple21 said:

Again, an invitation letter is NOT needed. If asked for purpose of trip, you answer truthfully, "I'll attend my brother's wedding anniversary party". Simple as that. The more you over think it, the more you worry and get confused. There is no straight road to a visa approval. That's why being consistent is the key. And keep your trip SHORT. Lengthy trips raise suspicions. 

Thank you sir 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.