1,140 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
21 minutes ago, lauren12 said:

Looks pretty detailed! Good job. My timeline is around the same time as yours. They received my I-75Q April 30th and NOA date is 5/3/19. I have not recieved anything since then.... So just waiting. Good luck with the RFE.  

6 minutes ago, kranthi143 said:

You included lots of details and evidence, surprised to see the RFE. can I know what is your NOA date ?

Thanks guys. Yes, I felt like my evidence was pretty detailed, too. So, I was surprised to get an RFE. Hopefully, it's just something small, like forgetting to sign a document - but I can't see myself forgetting that (I have a great attention to detail). 

My NOA date is April 30.

1 hour ago, RandB said:

Thanks guys. Yes, I felt like my evidence was pretty detailed, too. So, I was surprised to get an RFE. Hopefully, it's just something small, like forgetting to sign a document - but I can't see myself forgetting that (I have a great attention to detail). 

My NOA date is April 30.

Would you mind sharing part of your receipt number? Like WAC1990202xxx?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, RandB said:

Unfortunately, I got a notification that I have received an RFE. I am anxious to see what the USCIS feels is missing. Above is everything I included as my evidence. Have not received an RFE before, so this is new to me.

California Service Center (WAC).

That's odd, I feel like you had a great variety of evidence, probably better than mine. 

It can depend on the person who reviews your case, some require more than others unfortunately. They might just want to see that your marriage is still ongoing. Since it's been a whole year since you filed they might want to see stuff from that year so they can see that you're still co-mingling your finances and co-habitation. 

Just gather what you have so it's ready to be sent once you receive the letter. The absolute majority of RFEs for ROC is about more evidence. 

And look at it this way, at least you got some movement in your case! Once they receive your response you'll probably be approved quickly. 👍

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
5 minutes ago, kranthi143 said:

Do you see any moment or RFE’s for I-751 receipt numbers around yours??

Yeah I saw a few RFEs

4 minutes ago, Scandi said:

That's odd, I feel like you had a great variety of evidence, probably better than mine. 

It can depend on the person who reviews your case, some require more than others unfortunately. They might just want to see that your marriage is still ongoing. Since it's been a whole year since you filed they might want to see stuff from that year so they can see that you're still co-mingling your finances and co-habitation. 

Just gather what you have so it's ready to be sent once you receive the letter. The absolute majority of RFEs for ROC is about more evidence. 

And look at it this way, at least you got some movement in your case! Once they receive your response you'll probably be approved quickly. 👍

Thank you for your advice and support!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
On 4/22/2020 at 3:42 PM, luckylady said:

Hi, I have an EAC receipt number. My NOA date was 4/29/2019, biometrics done June 2019, and was approved 4/13/2020. My receipt number was EAC1990-088-xxx. Good luck!

I have EAC 1990 number,  filed April 11 2019 biometrics sept. Transfer to Potomac January ending.  Still waiting,  nothing yet 

Edited by Anitas

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
On 5/11/2020 at 1:00 PM, immiatyf said:

April filer, transferred to Potomac in January - no movement since 

April filer here , transfered to Potomac jan ending,  nothing yet. 

12 hours ago, RandB said:

Unfortunately, I got a notification that I have received an RFE. I am anxious to see what the USCIS feels is missing. Above is everything I included as my evidence. Have not received an RFE before, so this is new to me.

California Service Center (WAC).

Yeah, that's very surprising. So sorry! You have a lot of good evidence. Fingers crossed it's an easy RFE to satisfy and after you reply, you get an approval. 

EAD/AP: 02/14/17 - 05/26/17 (101 days)

AOS: 02/14/17 - 06/20/17 (126 days)

ROC: 05/19/19 - 04/23/20 (340 days)

N-400: (249 days)

9/13/2020- Application filed online 

9/21/2020 - NOA1 received 

12/10/2020 - NOA2 biometrics reuse

2/2/2021 - NOA3 N-400 interview scheduled for 3/16/2021

3/8/2021 - NOA4 N-400 interview cancelled 

3/15/2021 - NOA5 N-400 interview re-scheduled 

4/27/2021 - Interview (approved)

4/28/2021 NOA6 Oath ceremony scheduled 

5/20/2021 - Oath ceremony

Timeline
1 hour ago, rosecloud said:

Yeah, that's very surprising. So sorry! You have a lot of good evidence. Fingers crossed it's an easy RFE to satisfy and after you reply, you get an approval. 

Thank you. We have already started preparing and brainstorming and finding more documentation/evidence. We'll have a few people write affidavits of support, include cards, pictures with family, more bank statements and tax documents, W2s (which we didn't include originally), plane tickets, pay stubs, other mail with our address on it, etc.

Hopefully it won't take too long to receive the RFE letter so we know what they want.

Edited by RandB

Hi everyone. I sent my application late March, and I'm just noticing on my online account it was received April 2nd 2019. I did my fingerprints in November, and last month on the 8th the case was transferred. Not sure where it went.. never received the notice. I requested it to be sent again, so we'll see. My receipt number is SRC1990299***. Just now as I was typing this message I got a notification that my case is ready for an interview. Kinda nervous about it.. not sure why.. I didn't think they would ask us to come in person considering this pandemic. I'm working out of state, so it means I will have to fly home for it. I wasn't scheduled to be back for a month, but I guess there's a possibility the interview won't be until we are back. Anyone have experience with an interview at this stage?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, cdherrera said:

Hi everyone. I sent my application late March, and I'm just noticing on my online account it was received April 2nd 2019. I did my fingerprints in November, and last month on the 8th the case was transferred. Not sure where it went.. never received the notice. I requested it to be sent again, so we'll see. My receipt number is SRC1990299***. Just now as I was typing this message I got a notification that my case is ready for an interview. Kinda nervous about it.. not sure why.. I didn't think they would ask us to come in person considering this pandemic. I'm working out of state, so it means I will have to fly home for it. I wasn't scheduled to be back for a month, but I guess there's a possibility the interview won't be until we are back. Anyone have experience with an interview at this stage?

The status that says "ready to be scheduled for an interview" doesn't really mean much time-wise. Many people are stuck with that status for many months and even years. So don't worry about not getting back to your state on time if you only have another month left of work over there. Once the status changes to "interview has been scheduled" you normally have another month before the actual interview date. I say "normally" because who knows what will happen during covid-19 with regards to interviews. Offices are set to open to the public on June 4, unless they change the date again.

Edited by Scandi

Timeline
8 hours ago, immiatyf said:

Just saw a receipt number within 3 of mine get approved today. Not sure if this makes me more nervous or more hopeful, but movement is movement! 

That's how it was for me in mid-March! I started seeing approvals and RFEs to cases close to my own receipt number, it gave me some hope for sure. A month later I was approved too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.