1,621 posts in this topic

I received my letter in the mail. Interview date December 3, 2019 in Orlando. I checked online and there’s only one oath ceremony for December, that is on the 12th. The 2020 dates have not been announced as yet. I wonder what’s the odds of being able to attend that ceremony or is it more likely to have to wait until January.

17 minutes ago, Zmoney said:

I received my letter in the mail. Interview date December 3, 2019 in Orlando. I checked online and there’s only one oath ceremony for December, that is on the 12th. The 2020 dates have not been announced as yet. I wonder what’s the odds of being able to attend that ceremony or is it more likely to have to wait until January.

where online can you find dates for oath ceremony? I am trying to find one for Memphis...(November, December 2019)?

On 10/29/2019 at 9:52 AM, EmsVnt said:

Hello everyone,

I have a question to those of you who got their transcripts from IRS for the last 5 years. On the IRS website and by calling the phone number provided, I only have option to request transcripts from 2015 to 2018. How did you get the transcript for 2014?

thanks in advance!

What’s the reasoning for taking IRS transcripts? On my notice it says to bring three things.

1. my green card

2. the letter

3. another form of ID such as passport of driver’s license.

23 minutes ago, Davadell said:

where online can you find dates for oath ceremony? I am trying to find one for Memphis...(November, December 2019)?

I googled “oath ceremony dates Orlando Florida” and a website with all the dates came up. 

18 hours ago, Zmoney said:

What’s the reasoning for taking IRS transcripts? On my notice it says to bring three things.

1. my green card

2. the letter

3. another form of ID such as passport of driver’s license.

I googled “oath ceremony dates Orlando Florida” and a website with all the dates came up. 

Hello @Zmoney,

congratulations on getting you interview scheduled!  

About the tax transcripts:   I am going to get them because my lawyer told me that I need to.

Also on the USCIS website I found a list of documents we should bring to the interview and the tax returns are on that list.

• Your Green Card (formally known as Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card)
  • A photocopy of the front and back of your Green Card
  • Your driver’s license or state-issued identification card
  • All current and expired passports or travel documents  
  • Copies of your tax returns for the past five years (or three years if you are married to a U.S. citizen)

source: https://www.uscis.gov/archive/blog/2013/10/applying-for-citizenship-what-to-know

Good luck! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

I have an interview tomorrow and bringing only requested items from the letter.
During this immigration process I've learned to do/send exactly what they asked for....Fingers crossed.

N-400 Timeline
04/02/19 N-400 Submitted online
04/22/19 Biometrics
11/05/19 Interview (Approved)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

08/11/17 I-751 Packet delivered to USCIS

09/18/17 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/18 2nd extension letter (additional 6 months)

11/02/18 New card is being  produced (Approved)

NVC
11-04-2014 NVC case receive

05-20-2015 Visa received

10-06-2015 Time to kick back and let it fly

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Congratulations to

@sparksfly on your Oath today! Newest citizen of the group, woohoo:-D

Best of luck to

@Frips at your interview tomorrow!

@Anna&Jim at your interview tomorrow!

@ANF2014 at your Oath on Thursday!

Latest stats:

60 filers

43 have had/are scheduled for interviews!

25 have become citizens!

5 more are scheduled for Oath!

This group is going strong 😄 

4/23/2019 (Day 00): N-400 filed Online (Portland, OR), Receipt Notice

4/27/2019 (Day 04): Biometrics scheduled

4/29/2019 (Day 06): Receipt notice available online and received in mail, Biometrics notice available online 

5/06/2019 (Day 13): Biometrics letter received in mail

5/15/2019 (Day 22): Biometrics appointment

5/16/2019 (Day 23): Reviewed biometrics

8/30/2019 (Day 129): Estimated wait time count down expired, "we are taking longer than expected to process your case"

10/17/2019 (Day 177): Egov says "Interview was scheduled", 2 hours later Myuscis says the same - no date yet

10/18/2019 (Day 178): Interview document uploaded to Myuscis

11/25/2019 (Day 216): Interview in Portland, Oregon, "A decision cannot be made", 5 hours later Egov says "placed in line for Oath"

11/26/2019 (Day 217): Myuscis says "We approved your application" 

01/16/2020  (Day 268): Casetracker says "Oath ceremony notice was mailed" - 52 days since interview - no date yet

01/17/2020 (Day 269): Myuscis says "We scheduled your naturalization ceremony"

01/18/2020 (Day 270): Oath Ceremony document uploaded to Myuscis

02/06/2020 (Day 289): Oath Ceremony in Portland, Oregon

Uscis Processing Timelines https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Visajourney Timelines https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=&op5=5,10,11

April Filers 2019's Tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19px0T7I0L1r79JhIJJriP1EXI1sO3u1ImNhcP38FETQ/edit#gid=0

8 hours ago, Frips said:

I have an interview tomorrow and bringing only requested items from the letter.
During this immigration process I've learned to do/send exactly what they asked for....Fingers crossed.

I agree, this has been a very very long journey for me starting in 2002 when I came here as a student. I did 6 years on a student visa, 6 years on H1B visa, 5 years with a green card, and now the final leg on the path to citizenship. So 17 years total and I have learned over the years not to provide more than they ask for. So I will just bring the three things they ask for, if they need anything else they will let me know. My case is simple anyway, no spouse, no kids and I’m still with the same company that sponsored my H1B. Good luck on your interview today!

Edited by Zmoney

9 hours ago, Vikingoutwest said:

Congratulations to

Best of luck to

Latest stats:

60 filers

25 have become citizens!

Thank you!!

Completed oath ceremony yesterday and US citizen now. Thank you everyone for making the the journey easier and keeping spirits high :-).

From the stats, it looks like this group is really moving and I hope you all get through this quickly. All the best to everyone in the process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Vikingoutwest said:

Congratulations to

Best of luck to

Latest stats:

60 filers

25 have become citizens!

Thank you @Vikingoutwest I passed my interview a few min ago, it was very easy! No oath ceremonies scheduled for December in Nashvile, so I'll have to wait until January. Very happy to be done with this part of the process. Thank you all for the advice, good energy and positive thoughts throughout this journey!

1 minute ago, Anna&Jim said:

Thank you @Vikingoutwest I passed my interview a few min ago, it was very easy! No oath ceremonies scheduled for December in Nashvile, so I'll have to wait until January. Very happy to be done with this part of the process. Thank you all for the advice, good energy and positive thoughts throughout this journey!

Congratulations!!! Did u apply as 3 year rule or 5 year? 

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.