1,621 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 hour ago, EA & AM said:

How is that possible?

I saw on the N400 February 2019 post that a bunch of people did theirs early as walk-ins, so I tried the same today, no one even asked why I was doing it early, I was in and out in less than 10 mins.

Timeline
1 hour ago, nitavi92 said:

Did somebody got the biometrics letter yet? 

I haven't received the physical copy USCIS mailed to me, but I did print it off the "new" website, did an early walk in today and they accepted the printed copy, no questions asked. Right after my appointment the "old" site updated with.. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 3.02.28 PM.png

Timeline
On 4/23/2019 at 2:03 PM, EA & AM said:

Thank you. I'm surprised for good that the N-400 seems to be moving fast! It took them eight months to notify me of the biometrics after filing the I-751.

I thought they would waive my biometrics this time as the previous one is very recent, but if they want me there again, they'll have me 😉 

At my biometrics appointment today, they took 4 fingerprints from the right hand, did a search, found me in the system (so they didn't continue), told me to sign and that was it. They did give me the civics test booklet to study, so maybe that's why they have us go in? not sure.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, JBoogie876 said:

I haven't received the physical copy USCIS mailed to me, but I did print it off the "new" website, did an early walk in today and they accepted the printed copy, no questions asked. Right after my appointment the "old" site updated with.. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 3.02.28 PM.png

I didn’t online I sent it by regular mail that’s why I think that I can’t print it 

when did you file? 

Edited by nitavi92

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This may sound silly but I haven't gotten my receipt letter or anything in the mail yet (filed on 4/21), and my case status reads: 

"My Case was Received and a Receipt Notice was Emailed

On April 21, 2019, we received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number #, and mailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our Integrated Operating Env location. The notice describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice(...)". Is that how it always is? I may be a little paranoid at this point...lol. Guess I'll just keep on waiting for that envelope.

Edited by _Blossom_

5 minutes ago, _Blossom_ said:

This may sound silly but I haven't gotten my receipt letter or anything in the mail yet (filed on 4/21), and my case status reads "my case was received and a receipt notice was emailed". is that normal? I may be a little paranoid at this point...lol. Guess I'll just keep on waiting for that envelope.

It should be coming soon.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, sw88 said:

Applied online 4/02. Had biometrics on 4/18 (date was 4/22, walked in early ).
wait time shows 14 months. 
how long is the wait time coming for Chicago ppl?

According to the USCIS website, the estimated time range for the Chicago Office is between 9 and 18 months

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Edited by _Blossom_
Source

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
34 minutes ago, _Blossom_ said:

Thanks! Guess I just needed some reassurance, but you're right ;D

check your mailbox next week.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just filed online today (April 25th)!  I am IR1 (10 yr green card received Jan 8th, 2019, no interview)  Resident since 2/22/16.  Local office is New Orleans.  Let the wait begin....sounds of jeopardy theme song in my head....

Timeline
50 minutes ago, NovaSprings said:

Just filed online today (April 25th)!  I am IR1 (10 yr green card received Jan 8th, 2019, no interview)  Resident since 2/22/16.  Local office is New Orleans.  Let the wait begin....sounds of jeopardy theme song in my head....

Welcome!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, NovaSprings said:

Welcome and Best of Luck!

You can add yourself to this group's timeline here if you wish:-)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19px0T7I0L1r79JhIJJriP1EXI1sO3u1ImNhcP38FETQ/edit#gid=0

4/23/2019 (Day 00): N-400 filed Online (Portland, OR), Receipt Notice

4/27/2019 (Day 04): Biometrics scheduled

4/29/2019 (Day 06): Receipt notice available online and received in mail, Biometrics notice available online 

5/06/2019 (Day 13): Biometrics letter received in mail

5/15/2019 (Day 22): Biometrics appointment

5/16/2019 (Day 23): Reviewed biometrics

8/30/2019 (Day 129): Estimated wait time count down expired, "we are taking longer than expected to process your case"

10/17/2019 (Day 177): Egov says "Interview was scheduled", 2 hours later Myuscis says the same - no date yet

10/18/2019 (Day 178): Interview document uploaded to Myuscis

11/25/2019 (Day 216): Interview in Portland, Oregon, "A decision cannot be made", 5 hours later Egov says "placed in line for Oath"

11/26/2019 (Day 217): Myuscis says "We approved your application" 

01/16/2020  (Day 268): Casetracker says "Oath ceremony notice was mailed" - 52 days since interview - no date yet

01/17/2020 (Day 269): Myuscis says "We scheduled your naturalization ceremony"

01/18/2020 (Day 270): Oath Ceremony document uploaded to Myuscis

02/06/2020 (Day 289): Oath Ceremony in Portland, Oregon

Uscis Processing Timelines https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Visajourney Timelines https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=&op5=5,10,11

April Filers 2019's Tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19px0T7I0L1r79JhIJJriP1EXI1sO3u1ImNhcP38FETQ/edit#gid=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.