nandojourney

I-130 Stepchild Journey?

55 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, nandojourney said:

Hang in there!

Thank you. It should just be quick cause my husband is a USC. This pandemic is making our lives difficult. I want my son with me! :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi guys. My daughter and I were petitioned by my USC husband March 2019. We got approved after 13 months (Nebraska then transferred to Vermont) . We were DQed at different dates due to some documents that were uploaded wrong. Note that we are not in the same embassy as I am in Israel and my daughter lives in the Philippines. I got documentarily qualified Nov 4 2020 and my interview date is this month of March. My concern is my daughter has been DQed Sept 2020 and she is still waiting for interview date in MAnila. It’s taking really long to get an appointment in Manila.she’s been DQed almost 6 months now and we haven’t heard from NVC yet. Hopefully she’ll get through very soon and finish up the process so we can be together in the US . My daughter is now 22. She was 19 yrs old when my husband filed our petition.(  By the way my daughter is the step daughter of my petitioner husband.)She has graduated in college  in 2019 and got a job  right away but unfortunately lost it due to the pandemic so now we are supporting her since she is unemployed . I would love to be with my daughter ASAP but as I have been reading from other sources that back logged  in Manila is voluminous  and that the priorities are those pre covid and expedited cases. Any experience of IR 2 in Manila please ? How long did it take you for the whole process pre covid and during covid? 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 2/4/2021 at 10:51 PM, Sterai79 said:

Hello everyone,

I applied for my 2 step kids under 18.

This is the timeline

PD..April 25

Case was received and NOA received on 05/01/2020. With Potomac YSC code

No info since then.

Please, is this usual

Hello guys,

My 2 step kids just got approved few days ago...

Got an update to that case has been transferred to department of state...

What's the next step..

Also Am an USC but my husband make more money than last due to the virus,I read we can submit our tax transcript even if we file together but my w2 and1099 might not be enough to cover the poverty level..can my husband b a joint sponsor..

Please advice 🙏

10 hours ago, Sterai79 said:

Hello guys,

My 2 step kids just got approved few days ago...

Got an update to that case has been transferred to department of state...

What's the next step..

Also Am an USC but my husband make more money than last due to the virus,I read we can submit our tax transcript even if we file together but my w2 and1099 might not be enough to cover the poverty level..can my husband b a joint sponsor..

Please advice 🙏

Hi there. Thanks for posting ... to my knowledge, regardless of who is petitioning, you would both provide your financial info. So if you filed JOINT MARRIED  (and I assume you have, since you are married) that would work. So i guess I am not clear on what the concern is :)? You don't make enough together? You don't make enough (you would be providing both and it does not go by what you just make unless the other person is not working).

Timeline
3 minutes ago, nandojourney said:

Hi there. Thanks for posting ... to my knowledge, regardless of who is petitioning, you would both provide your financial info. So if you filed JOINT MARRIED  (and I assume you have, since you are married) that would work. So i guess I am not clear on what the concern is :)? You don't make enough together? You don't make enough (you would be providing both and it does not go by what you just make unless the other person is not working).

We made more than enough together.. but just me NO..so should he filed i854a as a joint sponsor

Timeline
On 4/5/2021 at 11:57 AM, nandojourney said:

OK cool. Yes, as a couple would be the way to go :).

Hey guys got my letter via email few NVC..

Please any1 advice..

What does the supporting documents includes..

I got w2,1099,tax transcript,

Letter from employers, pay stubs 

All above docs for both my husband and i..bc he's a joint sponsor...

Our IDs,lease agreement to show we live together,

Please correct me if am wrong

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Sterai79 said:

Hey guys got my letter via email few NVC..

Please any1 advice..

What does the supporting documents includes..

I got w2,1099,tax transcript,

Letter from employers, pay stubs 

All above docs for both my husband and i..bc he's a joint sponsor...

Our IDs,lease agreement to show we live together,

Please correct me if am wrong

Also ..what's a priority date..

I saw priority date May 1st at the top of step kids profile page on NVC site..

Please am confused

9 hours ago, Sterai79 said:

Also ..what's a priority date..

I saw priority date May 1st at the top of step kids profile page on NVC site..

Please am confused

This explains everything pretty much with resources for any questions you have:

Greetings from NVC:

You were recently notified that we are now ready for you to begin filing your application with the National Visa Center. Our role is to collect fees, administratively prepare you for your visa appointment, and schedule your interview. Some people can find these steps to be difficult, so we would like to provide a few helpful reminders as you prepare your application.

The most important resource you have for this is our website: https://nvc.state.gov/. You must read this website in its entirety throughout your application process. Failure to follow the instructions on this site will delay the processing of your case.

Although the website has complete instructions on all the required fees, forms, and documents you need to submit, we want to point out a few areas where we typically have to request corrections on cases:

1. Incorrect applicant civil documents and police certificates. There are very specific criteria for what documents are acceptable and the issuing authorities who provide documents for immigration purposes. Failure to submit the correct version of your documents will delay your case. Review https://nvc.state.gov/find and review the requirements for the issuing country of your documents.
2. Supporting Financial Documents. In most cases, the petitioner will need to submit an Affidavit of Support and supporting financial documents. If using a Joint Sponsor or Household Member, they will also need to submit some supporting documents. We routinely reject cases that do not submit documents such as:
                a. Tax transcripts/tax returns,
                b. W-2/1099s, and/or;
                c. Proof of income.
Failure to submit these documents will delay your case. Review the chart on https://nvc.state.gov/fin and determine which supporting documents you will need to submit.
3. Missing petitioner civil documents. There are cases where the petitioner must submit civil documents for immigration purposes. CEAC will not request every document that is required.
a. Example: The petitioner is applying for an IR1, CR1, or F2A (spouse of a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident) visa and the spouse was previously married. The petitioner must obtain evidence of the termination of EVERY prior marriage the petitioner has had.
Failure to submit these documents with your initial submission will delay your case. Review https://nvc.state.gov/documents to identify which documents you will need to submit to NVC.

These are some of the common reasons we request corrections on cases. Since there are other reasons, be sure to review http://nvc.state.gov/ in its entirety to prevent delays in the processing of your case.

Regards,
National Visa Center,
U.S. Department of State

Edited by nandojourney

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.