62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
58 minutes ago, eckoin said:

I had my birth certificate translated online for $20. It's not a big deal. They email you a translation and an affidavit that they know both languages. 

You don't need it notarized (but feel free). I sent the emailed copy I received, as is. Printed it out and attached to a copy of the original BC. No issues. 

Can you please send me the link? PM please. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
13 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

Can you please send me the link? PM please. 

https://www.universal-translation-services.com/services/certified-translations/uscis-certified-translation-services/

I found that one but I don't know if I can trust them

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

am filling the I-485 form and in the page 3 of 18 there's a question that says: Are you applying for adjustment based on Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245(i)?

Then it says if you selected yes, you MUST have select family based visa and since k1 is a family based one I don't know if I should select yes, although I really don't know what they mean.

What did you select there?

On 4/12/2019 at 9:57 AM, H&YP said:

am filling the I-485 form and in the page 3 of 18 there's a question that says: Are you applying for adjustment based on Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245(i)?

Then it says if you selected yes, you MUST have select family based visa and since k1 is a family based one I don't know if I should select yes, although I really don't know what they mean.

What did you select there?

You want to answer "no" to this question. This is for individuals who came to the US unlawfully before April 30, 2001. This is for people who came without a visa. I'm assuming your case is a marriage case. So the answer would be "no".

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 11:41 AM, H&YP said:

Hey guys!

My SSN is finally here. It took about two weeks for me to receive it.

We are finally almost done with everything we have social security number and joint bank accounts and utilities in both of our names we almost have the paperwork done to file our AOS thank the Lord 

Just now, Juliette2784 said:

We are finally almost done with everything we have social security number and joint bank accounts and utilities in both of our names we almost have the paperwork done to file our AOS thank the Lord 

The social security card took two weeks for us also everything is going smoothly now 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Juliette2784 said:

The social security card took two weeks for us also everything is going smoothly now 

YAAAAAAY!!!!  Very happy for you😃.  We're almost done with ours (by the grace of God).  Our AOS interview is scheduled on May 28th @ 7:00 am 🙏🙏🙏🙏.  We filed February 05, 2019. We have yet to receive our EAD card.  

2 hours ago, Defmimi said:

YAAAAAAY!!!!  Very happy for you😃.  We're almost done with ours (by the grace of God).  Our AOS interview is scheduled on May 28th @ 7:00 am 🙏🙏🙏🙏.  We filed February 05, 2019. We have yet to receive our EAD card.  

Thank you so much 😊 Oh wow that is great to have a time line with the interview now what do you have to bring to the interview??? Do we have to bring the same financial documentation or do they just use what we send ??

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
18 hours ago, Juliette2784 said:

Thank you so much 😊 Oh wow that is great to have a time line with the interview now what do you have to bring to the interview??? Do we have to bring the same financial documentation or do they just use what we send ??

Hey @Juliette2784 when you're preparing the  AOS documents, make 2 copy of everything. Send one and keep one for your record.

When you get the interview, bring all the original documents example the marriage license picture, etc plus the copy of all the file you have saved.

As you wait for the interview, keep collecting more evidence. Pictures, new financial documents if it's applied, etc.

Congrats @Defmimi on upcoming interview.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Juliette2784 said:

In our letter  they requested  the same documents but in parentheses it says "unless already submitted ". 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Beddy2015 said:

Hey @Juliette2784 when you're preparing the  AOS documents, make 2 copy of everything. Send one and keep one for your record.

When you get the interview, bring all the original documents example the marriage license picture, etc plus the copy of all the file you have saved.

As you wait for the interview, keep collecting more evidence. Pictures, new financial documents if it's applied, etc.

Congrats @Defmimi on upcoming interview.

Thank you 🙏🙏🙏🙏

On 5/4/2019 at 9:12 AM, Defmimi said:

In our letter  they requested  the same documents but in parentheses it says "unless already submitted ". 

Okay that’s good news I don’t want to see the word scan in my life anymore lol I have enclosed my employment letter and my nursing license and my tax documents so I’m hoping that will be good I will just get a payroll printout when the interview comes but I’m glad this is almost done so we can just enjoy our life and not have to do paperwork anymore lol 

Just now, Juliette2784 said:

Okay that’s good news I don’t want to see the word scan in my life anymore lol I have enclosed my employment letter and my nursing license and my tax documents so I’m hoping that will be good I will just get a payroll printout when the interview comes but I’m glad this is almost done so we can just enjoy our life and not have to do paperwork anymore lol 

Thank you for your help I appreciate it very much 

Timeline
20 hours ago, Juliette2784 said:

Thank you for your help I appreciate it very much 

I know what you mean 🙂.  I'm planning on bringing my updated docs (e, i., paystubs,  2018 tax transcript,  2018 w-2's,  bank statements,  etc...).  Like Beeddy2015 said and also mentioned in the letter,  we need to take originals and copies of all documents requested .  If you follow the instructions page and list of documents required  on the I-485 form you should be fine.  We did it all by ourselves with no RFE.  

Timeline

Hi Guys I need help with I131 form( AP). They say:  You must submit all required initial evidence along with all the supporting documentation with your application at the time of filing. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.