Lewis57

when she gets to the usa - apply for social security number 1st

37 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, AmerFila said:

Most of the time you will need a SSN card to get a marriage license. 

Negative Ghost Rider:

Most states don't require and don't care, most you can use your Passport.

Idaho doesn't require a SSN either:

1. A social security number for each applicant. Non-U.S. residents should bring identification from the country in which they are a citizen. No SSN? Obtain a letter from the nearest Social Security Office.
  2. One of the following as proof of identity and age:
    • Current driver’s license
    • State-issued identification card
    • Passport
    • Original birth certificate or certified copy

https://www.idaho.gov/family-records/marriage/

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mark&Jean said:

Hank I think I remember you posting a link somewhere to get the I-94 but for the life of me I can't find it. May I have that please?

Disregard. I found it. Now just gotta research everything we need to get her SSN. Thank you for everything!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Mark&Jean said:

Disregard. I found it. Now just gotta research everything we need to get her SSN. Thank you for everything!

It's easy, just did it yesterday.   Fill out the application,  bring the i94 and passport.   That is all

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Mark&Jean said:

Complete the SS-5,  bring I-94 and passport.     

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, payxibka said:

It's easy, just did it yesterday.   Fill out the application,  bring the i94 and passport.   That is all

Did you get a number right away? Minneapolis office? 

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

Biometrics waived 3.28.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Biometrics appointment - 4.5.23

Interview (combo) - 8.6.23

Oath Ceremony!

Timeline
2 hours ago, pamawemo said:

Did you get a number right away? Minneapolis office? 

No number issued as they need to verify with uscis.  Yes, the card services office on Chicago Avenue 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Negative Ghost Rider:

1. A social security number for each applicant. Non-U.S. residents should bring identification from the country in which they are a citizen. No SSN? Obtain a letter from the nearest Social Security Office.
    • Passport

We were asked for one.  Either way according to the site you posted it said that if you didn't have a SSN Number then you could obtain a letter from the nearest SSO.  Why not just apply for the card while your there.

12/23/2014: I-129F Sent

12/29/2014: I-129F Received by USCIS

12/31/2014: Received Electronic notification for NOA1 hard copy to follow

01/05/2015: NOA1 Hard copy received

01/13/2015: Received Electronic notification for NOA2 hard copy to follow

01/20/2015: NOA2 Hard copy received

01/20/2015: NVC Received

01/26/2015: Case # assigned

01/30/2015: Sent to embassy

02/02/2015: Embassy received

02/08/2015: Interview Scheduled for 03/11/2015 Will do Medical on 02/26/2015

02/23/2015: NVC Letter received.

02/27/2015: Medical complete.

03/11/2015: Interview. APPROVED!!!!

04/03/2015: POE Seattle

06/20/2015: Got married

07/01/2015: Filed I-485, I-765, I-131, G-325, G-1145

07/16/2015: Received NOA for I-485 and I-765

07/17/2015: RFE for I-131 Missed signature

17 hours ago, Mark&Jean said:

Going on Monday. Hopefully I will find someone who know their job))))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/30/2019 at 8:25 AM, Chris Duffy said:

Negative Ghost Rider:

• Passport

We didn't need a social security number to get married in North Dakota.  We put her on my health insurance without ss number.  They have a provision for people who won't join social security .  Thank goodness we got her started on insurance.  She was diagnosed with a pancreatic tumor Wednesday.   I would guess it wouldn't take long to get up into the 6 figures range. I would Appreciate your prayers for my sweet loving wife. Treat your Pinay Asawa like to the treasure she is.  Live every day in love 

3 hours ago, Lewis57 said:

We didn't need a social security number to get married in North Dakota.  We put her on my health insurance without ss number.  They have a provision for people who won't join social security .  Thank goodness we got her started on insurance.  She was diagnosed with a pancreatic tumor Wednesday.   I would guess it wouldn't take long to get up into the 6 figures range. I would Appreciate your prayers for my sweet loving wife. Treat your Pinay Asawa like to the treasure she is.  Live every day in love 

I'm sorry to hear this.  We will pray for your wife.

Finally done.

Timeline
4 hours ago, boris64 said:

Going on Monday. Hopefully I will find someone who know their job))))

Ours was surprisingly painless other than a two hour wait in the queue.

YMMV

16 hours ago, payxibka said:

Ours was surprisingly painless other than a two hour wait in the queue.

Same here - 2 hour wait. I wasn't expecting manual verification but guess I should have. My wife (still feels weird to say that) still is not showing up in SAVE. Is that unusual? 

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

Biometrics waived 3.28.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Biometrics appointment - 4.5.23

Interview (combo) - 8.6.23

Oath Ceremony!

Timeline
1 hour ago, pamawemo said:

Same here - 2 hour wait. I wasn't expecting manual verification but guess I should have. My wife (still feels weird to say that) still is not showing up in SAVE. Is that unusual? 

Normal 

YMMV

On 3/30/2019 at 9:26 PM, payxibka said:

No number issued as they need to verify with uscis.  Yes, the card services office on Chicago Avenue 

Just got back from the SS office. Same result. Woman had a little attitude in the beginning but once she understood I knew what SHOULD happen things got much friendlier)) Had to guide her through the passport stamp a little. Got the official letter saying that Roxan will get another letter when verification is complete and the card is being processed and issued.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.