Issampap

Refusal and 221g

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all, I know this topic has been on here a few times, but I'm not sure if I should take this as a rejected, or if once we complete the request on the 221g we will go into Administrative Processing again. I think we still have hope just want to confirm.

My fiance had his interview today in Casablanca, he received the dreaded 221g but it asks for additional proof of relationship and asks him to drop this off with his passport to Aramax. He also received a letter from the guy at the first window that provides a website for him to go to which asks him to let them know where he wants to pick up his Visa and says We wish you a happy life in the US. 

Did anyone else receive this?

Thank you

Trudy 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

How does your fiance feel the interview went?  Did the CO verbally ask about the relationship evidence?

It sounds like just a temporary refusal until the consulate receives the requested documents. The case will go into AP after you drop of the documents at Aramex, and no one can tell you how long the AP will last. If the consulate finds the additional relationship evidence acceptable and they do not ask for any additional documents or the DS-5535, AP generally will last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. It will be a game of patience after delivering the requested documents, but I wouldn't give up hope yet. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

How does your fiance feel the interview went?  Did the CO verbally ask about the relationship evidence?

It sounds like just a temporary refusal until the consulate receives the requested documents. The case will go into AP after you drop of the documents at Aramex, and no one can tell you how long the AP will last. If the consulate finds the additional relationship evidence acceptable and they do not ask for any additional documents or the DS-5535, AP generally will last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. It will be a game of patience after delivering the requested documents, but I wouldn't give up hope yet. 

He said it went well, the CO did ask about evidence but only flipped quickly through the pictures, didn't look at the text messages etc.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My fiance received a 221g for "Proof of Relationship." You could be approved shortly after providing this information

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

32 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Case and point 

"It sounds like just a temporary refusal until the consulate receives the requested documents"

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Tara & Rohit said:

My fiance received a 221g for "Proof of Relationship." You could be approved shortly after providing this information

They give me a paper in the window before I was called for my interview, this paper says that I should go to the website and in the bottom of the paper they give me a fill number and the kind of the visa which is cr1 not k1 , and the guy told me to go to the website as soon as I finish my interview but the co ask me if I have more evidence I said yes he said send them by aramex .

What I should do now ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Trudywc said:

fill number and the kind of the visa which is cr1 not k1 

There is no category for K-1, so yes the instructions to select CR-1 are correct. You should be able to complete the process of registering and tracking the passport via Aramex after you submit the passport and requested documents. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Tara & Rohit said:

Does your fiance get approved ? If yes how long it taked?

At the interview day , did they give him a paper had a case number ?

5 hours ago, Trudywc said:

There's no way to know how long it will take, it's definitely a good sign if they said to drop off at aramex, you're better off than most honestly, you skid thru without a ds form.

8 hours ago, RJandHamid said:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
15 hours ago, Trudywc said:

your case number does not change now

it is the CSB(for casablanca)(year)xxxxxxx

they have asked for passport and proof of relationship thru aramex,   so to your question "What do i do now?"

Get those things to aramex

and wait for things to happen/ nothing more than do what immigration wants you to do

looks like you will be "good to go"

Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

your case number does not change now

it is the CSB(for casablanca)(year)xxxxxxx

they have asked for passport and proof of relationship thru aramex,   so to your question "What do i do now?"

Get those things to aramex

and wait for things to happen/ nothing more than do what immigration wants you to do

looks like you will be "good to go"

I'm praying for that , and how the interview was I have a feeling it's gonna be good 

Timeline

@Trudywc We are awaiting his approval at this time. No idea how long that will be. For India, it could be a few days to a few weeks. So far it's been two days haha! Not sure how long 221g's are processed in Morocco. But I agree with @Hobidyali that if they asked you to drop off your passport, you're in a much better place than others. 

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

12/05/19 - Interview Day

4 minutes ago, Tara & Rohit said:

@Trudywc We are awaiting his approval at this time. No idea how long that will be. For India, it could be a few days to a few weeks. So far it's been two days haha! Not sure how long 221g's are processed in Morocco. But I agree with @Hobidyali that if they asked you to drop off your passport, you're in a much better place than others. 

I am wishing you good luck Tara, you guys make a lovely couple btw :)

Yes, they are in a better place than most and tbh considering the age difference etc, they were lucky that they skid by without a ds or worse. Luck was on their side which was a good thing and the passport to Aramex was also a wonderful thing, wish we all are as lucky come interview time , God willing :)

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Tara & Rohit said:

Thank you , wishing you a good luck 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Trudywc said:

Thank you , wishing you a good luck 

You as well! We have to be there for each other 😃

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

12/05/19 - Interview Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.