Ang Oras

DS260 current and previous addresses problem

6 posts in this topic

Hello can anyone help us with this DS 260 issue my spouse has had a total of 13 addresses most were like only a year or a little less and one out of her country for 3 years problem is when we enter them we can only get maybe 5 or 6 entered and then when you click add another it boots us off the website all information  entered in is now deleted we have made many attempt to enter them in to no avail does anyone have any suggestions ? Or the same experience.

the CEAC site is quite temperamental and it does this for me whenever i have to add more than 5 entries be it addresses or education or employment..however, it will not allow any gap in addresses from age 16 - what id suggest is add 5 addresses to cover entire time from age 16 - meaning lie to trick the site on the duration to save it, go back and add another 5 and so on until you cover the entire time..and when u add another address, don;t wait to fill one before you click add another - in one go, click add another 5 times so that you can see 5 open slots and quickly add the five..it helps a lot if you save all the addresses ( and for that matter all data) on a word document and copy paste quickly..the site has a cycle length bug in it i think..meaning it will give you only a 5 or max 10 min window during which u should quickly put in all the data and hit save. else it will boot you off. also keep in mind, the volume of visitors on the site from all over the world is humongous at any time - it can only take so much.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I switched browsers - but that only helped a little. I had 8 addresses to type in and it took me about half an hour to finally get them all saved. Its super frustrating. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country:
Timeline
5 hours ago, StrangeBrew said:

the CEAC site is quite temperamental and it does this for me whenever i have to add more than 5 entries be it addresses or education or employment..however, it will not allow any gap in addresses from age 16 - what id suggest is add 5 addresses to cover entire time from age 16 - meaning lie to trick the site on the duration to save it, go back and add another 5 and so on until you cover the entire time..and when u add another address, don;t wait to fill one before you click add another - in one go, click add another 5 times so that you can see 5 open slots and quickly add the five..it helps a lot if you save all the addresses ( and for that matter all data) on a word document and copy paste quickly..the site has a cycle length bug in it i think..meaning it will give you only a 5 or max 10 min window during which u should quickly put in all the data and hit save. else it will boot you off. also keep in mind, the volume of visitors on the site from all over the world is humongous at any time - it can only take so much.

I second this advise. I did exactly the same.

Example: For my mom’s current address, I’ve put the dates from my mom’s 16th birthday to present, then I’ve saved it. That took me to next question. I went back and entered current address’ real start date and added 2nd address starting again from my mom’s 16th birthday to 1st address’ start date, saved it... and so on.

you gotta save after each address. I've gone out to 16 different addresses and I can't reproduce any problems. AILA has claimed the 260 only goes as far as 9. if saving after each address doesn't solve the problem I would call. there has to be a software team or an IT person could fix it or report it to someone who can.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.