27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey y'all!

It's finally almost time to send off our packet for Removal of Conditions and I have the following for evidence. Does the below sound enough? Should I be including mail to multiple addresses we have lived at over the years, or does this confuse things? We've lived in three different places, and apart from including the lease agreements with both our names on, I wasn't sure if I needed to include various credit card bills/household bills from over the years, or just the most recent at our most recent address?

Joint Tax Returns 2016 and 2017

Leases from three different addresses

Joint bank info (we use our joint to both put rent in and pay some monthly bills but both have personal accounts we get paid into -- this is presumably acceptable?)

Joint credit card info

Joint home insurance info

Joint car insurance info

Joint title on truck

Cards and letters from loved ones (dated)

Two x affidavits

Bills to us individually but at same addresses

Photos of us from past couple of years

Joint bills from our vet for the ridiculous amount of surgery our dog has had

Drivers licenses registered to all three of our addresses

...and more if people feel we need it or have additional suggestions! Ugh cannot wait to not have to file for another minute, forgot how stressful it was!

Edited by thrashunreal

I-129F sent: 2016-04-27

NOA1 Email & Text: 2016-05-04

NOA1 Received in Mail: 2016-05-18

NOA2 Email & Text: 2016-07-06 (63 DAYS!)

NOA2 Received in Mail: 2016-07-18

Make sure you send the Tax Return Transcript which can be downloaded from the IRS website, NOT that Tax Returns.

What you do mean by bank info? You need to send monthly bank statements with transaction history. Same with credit card info.

Timeline
1 minute ago, TheKingmaker said:

Make sure you send the Tax Return Transcript which can be downloaded from the IRS website, NOT that Tax Returns.

What you do mean by bank info? You need to send monthly bank statements with transaction history. Same with credit card info.

Hey! 

Do you know how many months of backdated credit and bank statements would be acceptable? We have them for the past 2.5 years now.

We use Turbotax which generates a report; is it critical to download from IRS site?

5 minutes ago, thrashunreal said:

Hey! 

Do you know how many months of backdated credit and bank statements would be acceptable? We have them for the past 2.5 years now.

We use Turbotax which generates a report; is it critical to download from IRS site?

You seriously can't be that lazy, can you? It'll take you 5 mins to do this. Also, didn't you deal with this during your AOS phase? Again, with the Bank Statements - DO NOT BE LAZY! Just send everything you can. Cost you a few extra dollars to print? So be it. Worth it for the peace of mind. 

A TT report shows that you have filed your tax returns. An IRS transcript shows that the IRS has accepted your Tax filing. You can create a completely bogus filing through TT.

Having gone through multiple US immigration processes, that's the advice we can give you.

Timeline
Just now, TheKingmaker said:

You seriously can't be that lazy, can you? It'll take you 5 mins to do this. Also, didn't you deal with this during your AOS phase? Again, with the Bank Statements - DO NOT BE LAZY! Just send everything you can. Cost you a few extra dollars to print? So be it. Worth it for the peace of mind. 

A TT report shows that you have filed your tax returns. An IRS transcript shows that the IRS has accepted your Tax filing. You can create a completely bogus filing through TT.

Having gone through multiple US immigration processes, that's the advice we can give you.

I literally have no idea where I've declared that I am lazy or where you're drawing that conclusion from -- I am clearly just trying to determine what is necessary to include in my ROC.

Sounds good.

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, thrashunreal said:

I literally have no idea where I've declared that I am lazy or where you're drawing that conclusion from -- I am clearly just trying to determine what is necessary to include in my ROC.

Sounds good.

Dude print those transcripts.they sent me an rfe requesting those!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, DAWGY said:

Dude print those transcripts.they sent me an rfe requesting those!

Ya mean from the IRS? I got them! I didn’t realize — printing in the morning when I get to work! 

Filed: Other Timeline
29 minutes ago, thrashunreal said:

Ya mean from the IRS? I got them! I didn’t realize — printing in the morning when I get to work! 

29 minutes ago, thrashunreal said:

yup irs. just print everything

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
12 hours ago, thrashunreal said:

Does the below sound enough? Should I be including mail to multiple addresses we have lived at over the years, or does this confuse things? We've lived in three different places, and apart from including the lease agreements with both our names on, I wasn't sure if I needed to include various credit card bills/household bills from over the years, or just the most recent at our most recent address?

Your list looks good to me and you don't need mail addressed to each place you have lived. You have leases and driver licenses for each place. That's better proof. 

I had a successful ROC without sending every bank and credit card statement for 2.5 years. I had the first statement from original bank, first from new bank after moving, closing the account paperwork from old bank, and three more from new bank spaced over two years. For credit accounts, my name did not appear on the statements.  We just put 4-5 different cards side by side on the copier. They showed  each of our names with same account number. I did stick tape over the middle part of the account numbers to redact the full number. So no statements at all.  

I also did not include cards addressed to us or affidavits. I think that helps those desperate for something because they don't have the good stuff like you do. Your proofs are excellent. If you have auto insurance cards dated at various times, that would be good. I sent three covering two years. 

It's recommended to send Bank statements and credit card statements for each quarter of the time you have been married.

You do -NOT- have to send 24 months worth of statements in full, that's insane and unnecessary.

RFE's are not the end of the world. It's perfectly fine to send 1040 and W2 combo. Sending 1040 without the W2 is considered an incomplete tax return and will just result in an RFE.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline

This is a totally separate issue, but I have just realized our drivers licenses have our old address on. What is best, to send in anyway (as we wait to renew them), send without, or wait until we have our new address on them before mailing the packet?

Timeline
23 minutes ago, thrashunreal said:

This is a totally separate issue, but I have just realized our drivers licenses have our old address on. What is best, to send in anyway (as we wait to renew them), send without, or wait until we have our new address on them before mailing the packet?

Depends on  your expiration date. The new address is excellent evidence if you can get the licenses and still get the packet to them before you expire. Well hopefully you don't expire. Bad choice of phrasing 😔

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Ash.1101 said:

RFE's are not the end of the world. It's perfectly fine to send 1040 and W2 combo. Sending 1040 without the W2 is considered an incomplete tax return and will just result in an RFE.

Just thinking out loud here....

If the point is filing together to show commingling of finances, does it matter if you verify your income with a wage statement (W2)? This isn't an affidavit of support where they want to know your income. It's only the filing status. I agree transcripts are probably the best way to go since it comes from the IRS so the joint filing is proven. Plus it's less paper to send. 

I don't get why people want to send bank statements for every single month either. It think it's more important to show the account is actually used. A joint account with a $100 balance for two years looks suspicious. Money going in and coming out is what I would want to show. The four total statements I chose showed big fluctuations in balances, as well a a good span of dates. 

Check your state regulations.  Some require you to get a new driver's license when you change addresses and others just get you to write it on a sticker.   Otherwise your information looks just fine.  Send the bank/credit card statements though, not just the information.  Your choice on how man you want to send.  We sent monthly but quarterly generally works just fine. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

4 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Just thinking out loud here....

If the point is filing together to show commingling of finances, does it matter if you verify your income with a wage statement (W2)? This isn't an affidavit of support where they want to know your income. It's only the filing status. I agree transcripts are probably the best way to go since it comes from the IRS so the joint filing is proven. Plus it's less paper to send. 

I don't get why people want to send bank statements for every single month either. It think it's more important to show the account is actually used. A joint account with a $100 balance for two years looks suspicious. Money going in and coming out is what I would want to show. The four total statements I chose showed big fluctuations in balances, as well a a good span of dates. 

1) it's an incomplete tax return and they RFE for it.  So just send the complete tax return or the tax return transcripts.

2) we didn't have any joint credit cards and my name wasn't on the mortgage (but is on the deed) nor on the previous lease because the company was stupid.  So sending monthly statements worked just fine for us. But we have less financial co-mingling than others may have.  Quarterly would have worked just fine though. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.