josie125

HELPP DS-260 IV immigration visa application mistake

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline

Has anyone unlocked DS-260 during interview to fix a mistake and lived to talk about it? 

I unfortunetly made a clerical error on the Given Name for the IV and did not include the middle name. Although, it clearly states to put it there. I did double check everything however, I still managed to miss this error. I am so upset at myself right now, because I only now just saw the mistake and will ensure to mention it at interview. 

Does anyone know if they can unlock it and fix it right away or they unlock it for you to fix it on your own? Because essentially, unlocking it would mean a new confirmation page and number correct? 

Does it also cause a significant delay in processing the visa? If so, could the delay be many months and it could vary? 

Thank you! Much love

p.s

Some people on here leave such rude and insensitive comments, so if you're one of the them; don't bother commenting. We are all going through a stressful journey so be more understanding. However, if you have not made a mistake ever in your life, then please feel free to excrete your thoughts. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, H&T said:

Any mistake on DS260 can be fixed at the time of the interview. Relax, please.

Thank you for your response, do you know if they can fix it right away or no? 

Timeline

Just write to this   http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gh

and state all the mistakes you had make in the DS - 260 , they will booked everything down , please make sure you include the correct answer to the mistake you make , on that case you won't be ask anything for correction at the time for your interview . The correction will be make before you attend for your interview , that is how it happened to me and was able to over come it .

As for mine was a lot of mistakes ; 

My mother's last name 

My Dad date of death

And forgotten to put my son's in-law name's.

Also makes some calls to let them know about the mistake and that you already wrote them about it .

Edited by Moses Bee

Timeline
10 hours ago, Moses Bee said:

Just write to this   http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gh

and state all the mistakes you had make in the DS - 260 , they will booked everything down , please make sure you include the correct answer to the mistake you make , on that case you won't be ask anything for correction at the time for your interview . The correction will be make before you attend for your interview , that is how it happened to me and was able to over come it .

As for mine was a lot of mistakes ; 

My mother's last name 

My Dad date of death

And forgotten to put my son's in-law name's.

Also makes some calls to let them know about the mistake and that you already wrote them about it .

Thank you very much for the information.

What email exactly am I writing to, there are a few ?

Because in the past I have tried to contact them with no reply, so could you please direct me to the exact email you contacted them? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, josie125 said:

Because in the past I have tried to contact them with no reply, so could you please direct me to the exact email you contacted them? 

8 minutes ago, josie125 said:

Please write them to this link :

support-ghana@ustraveldocs.com

And call them with this number :

Tel : 054 671 9469

024 328 3510

Write them how it happened and tell them the answer how it suppose to be.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Moses Bee said:

Please write them to this link :

support-ghana@ustraveldocs.com

And call them with this number :

Tel : 054 671 9469

024 328 3510

Write them how it happened and tell them the answer how it suppose to be.

You are amazing!! Thank you so much, I will do that today. Did you find that it caused a delay in your visa process or no?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Moses Bee said:

The DS-260 can never be unlock again whiles it been automatic sent to the embassy in Ghana , even if they told you they are going to unlock it for you , it will never happen.

Oh really, so how else will they fix the mistakes for you? Wow they are really strict for this form

Timeline
2 minutes ago, josie125 said:

You are amazing!! Thank you so much, I will do that today. Did you find that it caused a delay in your visa process or no?

It did not cause any delay in my visa , because everything is a process , I only put a pressure on them at the beginning as I don't know what to do and nobody there to help me out about the issue.

Timeline
Just now, josie125 said:

Oh really, so how else will they fix the mistakes for you? Wow they are really strict for this form

As I email them the problems at first , they tried to confirmed that I'm really the applicant by asking me some questions on phone , the time I called them to confirmed the email which the mistakes been done . They asked me about the DS-260 confirmation number and some little information inside it.

Upon that in my second interview , they didn't ask me anything again , they just told me the mistake been corrected and ask me to swear , then I was told you are approved.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Moses Bee said:

As I email them the problems at first , they tried to confirmed that I'm really the applicant by asking me some questions on phone , the time I called them to confirmed the email which the mistakes been done . They asked me about the DS-260 confirmation number and some little information inside it.

Upon that in my second interview , they didn't ask me anything again , they just told me the mistake been corrected and ask me to swear , then I was told you are approved.

I have emailed them now and then I will also call them in their business hours. Thank you so much dear!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.