Jump to content
josie125

HELPP DS-260 IV immigration visa application mistake

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Has anyone unlocked DS-260 during interview to fix a mistake and lived to talk about it? 

 

I unfortunetly made a clerical error on the Given Name for the IV and did not include the middle name. Although, it clearly states to put it there. I did double check everything however, I still managed to miss this error. I am so upset at myself right now, because I only now just saw the mistake and will ensure to mention it at interview. 

 

Does anyone know if they can unlock it and fix it right away or they unlock it for you to fix it on your own? Because essentially, unlocking it would mean a new confirmation page and number correct? 

 

Does it also cause a significant delay in processing the visa? If so, could the delay be many months and it could vary? 

 

Thank you! Much love

p.s

 

Some people on here leave such rude and insensitive comments, so if you're one of the them; don't bother commenting. We are all going through a stressful journey so be more understanding. However, if you have not made a mistake ever in your life, then please feel free to excrete your thoughts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just write to this   http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gh

and state all the mistakes you had make in the DS - 260 , they will booked everything down , please make sure you include the correct answer to the mistake you make , on that case you won't be ask anything for correction at the time for your interview . The correction will be make before you attend for your interview , that is how it happened to me and was able to over come it .

As for mine was a lot of mistakes ; 

My mother's last name 

My Dad date of death

And forgotten to put my son's in-law name's.

Also makes some calls to let them know about the mistake and that you already wrote them about it .

Edited by Moses Bee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Moses Bee said:

Just write to this   http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gh

and state all the mistakes you had make in the DS - 260 , they will booked everything down , please make sure you include the correct answer to the mistake you make , on that case you won't be ask anything for correction at the time for your interview . The correction will be make before you attend for your interview , that is how it happened to me and was able to over come it .

As for mine was a lot of mistakes ; 

My mother's last name 

My Dad date of death

And forgotten to put my son's in-law name's.

Also makes some calls to let them know about the mistake and that you already wrote them about it .

Thank you very much for the information.

 

What email exactly am I writing to, there are a few ?

 

Because in the past I have tried to contact them with no reply, so could you please direct me to the exact email you contacted them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, josie125 said:

Thank you very much for the information.

 

What email exactly am I writing to, there are a few ?

 

Because in the past I have tried to contact them with no reply, so could you please direct me to the exact email you contacted them? 

 

8 minutes ago, josie125 said:

Thank you very much for the information.

 

What email exactly am I writing to, there are a few ?

 

Because in the past I have tried to contact them with no reply, so could you please direct me to the exact email you contacted them? 

Please write them to this link :

support-ghana@ustraveldocs.com

And call them with this number :

Tel : 054 671 9469

         024 328 3510

Write them how it happened and tell them the answer how it suppose to be.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Moses Bee said:

 

Please write them to this link :

support-ghana@ustraveldocs.com

And call them with this number :

Tel : 054 671 9469

         024 328 3510

Write them how it happened and tell them the answer how it suppose to be.

 

You are amazing!! Thank you so much, I will do that today. Did you find that it caused a delay in your visa process or no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moses Bee said:

The DS-260 can never be unlock again whiles it been automatic sent to the embassy in Ghana , even if they told you they are going to unlock it for you , it will never happen.

Oh really, so how else will they fix the mistakes for you? Wow they are really strict for this form

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, josie125 said:

You are amazing!! Thank you so much, I will do that today. Did you find that it caused a delay in your visa process or no?

It did not cause any delay in my visa , because everything is a process , I only put a pressure on them at the beginning as I don't know what to do and nobody there to help me out about the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, josie125 said:

Oh really, so how else will they fix the mistakes for you? Wow they are really strict for this form

As I email them the problems at first , they tried to confirmed that I'm really the applicant by asking me some questions on phone , the time I called them to confirmed the email which the mistakes been done . They asked me about the DS-260 confirmation number and some little information inside it.

Upon that in my second interview , they didn't ask me anything again , they just told me the mistake been corrected and ask me to swear , then I was told you are approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Moses Bee said:

As I email them the problems at first , they tried to confirmed that I'm really the applicant by asking me some questions on phone , the time I called them to confirmed the email which the mistakes been done . They asked me about the DS-260 confirmation number and some little information inside it.

Upon that in my second interview , they didn't ask me anything again , they just told me the mistake been corrected and ask me to swear , then I was told you are approved.

I have emailed them now and then I will also call them in their business hours. Thank you so much dear!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×