AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country:
Timeline

Looking at OPs other posts, I’m guessing the question is, are the consular officers easier on a very young (age 7) potential immigrant, if not accompanied by his parents?

I will answer assuming that’s the question: 

Please make sure your son has every original document in the checklist with him, as well as photos, his passport etc with him. Make a nice folder for him, use tabs for him (or officer) to locate everything easily. If he will be asked an address for the passport to be sent later, write it on a paper (so officer can help him with that) 

All in all, make sure he has everything he needs with him, and he KNOWS how to find them when asked. 

They will obviously be nice and helpful to a 7 year old but if there are missing documents, there isn’t much the officer can do, even if he’s a saint. 

2 minutes ago, Junior11 said:

Looking at OPs other posts, I’m guessing the question is, are the consular officers easier on a very young (age 7) potential immigrant, if not accompanied by his parents?

I will answer assuming that’s the question: 

Please make sure your son has every original document in the checklist with him, as well as photos, his passport etc with him. Make a nice folder for him, use tabs for him (or officer) to locate everything easily. If he will be asked an address for the passport to be sent later, write it on a paper (so officer can help him with that) 

All in all, make sure he has everything he needs with him, and he KNOWS how to find them when asked. 

They will obviously be nice and helpful to a 7 year old but if there are missing documents, there isn’t much the officer can do, even if he’s a saint. 

I presume if the kid is 7 there is an adult looking after him who will be helping with all this.

Just now, kelvinla589 said:

Advantages such as shorter processing times and fewer interview questions 

It’s a kid. All they need to do is establish the relationship which is mainly done via documentation. Which adult will be helping him?

16 minutes ago, kelvinla589 said:

No one is accompanying him , he will go alone since he is 19 years 

Oh, I was going by what the other poster was saying about age 7. 19 is not even a minor so i doubt they will be extra lenient, but for the son of citizen (am I understanding that bit correctly) it’s just about establishing the relationship is real. Make sure as above that you have all the documents you need.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Oh, I was going by what the other poster was saying about age 7. 19 is not even a minor so i doubt they will be extra lenient, but for the son of citizen (am I understanding that bit correctly) it’s just about establishing the relationship is real. Make sure as above that you have all the documents you need.

I apologize, I thought OP had a 7 year old son but he/she was just answering somebody else about it and I got confused.

2 hours ago, kelvinla589 said:

Advantages such as shorter processing times and fewer interview questions 

Processing times and interview questions are what they are, can't shorten them for a 19-year old

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.