Hamza86

Will the new poverty guidelines be applicable to the people whose interview has already been scheduled?

48 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Hamza86 said:

as per my info if (joint sponsor ) living in the same house then he needs to fill form i864A. In form I864A there is no house hold size option. its only available in I864 which the petitioner has to fill. please note that my wife is included as a dependent in her fathers tax returns

Does the petitioner (original sponsor) live with the intending immigrant's father too?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Does the petitioner (original sponsor) live with the intending immigrant's father too?

NO she is living with her father in usa along with her family

2 minutes ago, Hamza86 said:

NO she is living with her father in usa along with her family

What is the relationship of the original sponsor and intending immigrant?

If you are the intending immigrant:

Your wife would fill out an I864 and include EVERYONE who his in her father's household on it. (You as the beneficiary, your wife as the original sponsor, her dad as the Co-sponsor {which is not a joint sponsor}, her dad's wife, and the two kids). Your wife's household size would be 6 but ONLY because her dad lives with her and is combining income with her as a Co-Sponsor.

The Dad would fill out an I864a. That is simply an agreement between the original sponsor and the co-sponsor stating they are combining household income to meet the guidelines and authorizing the Co-sponsor's legal agreement to be financially responsible for the intending immigrant too.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

If you are the intending immigrant:

Your wife would fill out an I864 and include EVERYONE who his in her father's household on it. (You as the beneficiary, your wife as the original sponsor, her dad as the Co-sponsor {which is not a joint sponsor}, her dad's wife, and the two kids). Your wife's household size would be 6 but ONLY because her dad lives with her and is combining income with her as a Co-Sponsor.

The Dad would fill out an I864a. That is simply an agreement between the original sponsor and the co-sponsor stating they are combining household income to meet the guidelines and authorizing the Co-sponsor's legal agreement to be financially responsible for the intending immigrant too.

as per the boxes provided in the I864 the house hold size comes out to be 3 i.e me my wife and her father. I864A doesnt have any box to give the house hold size of father. what to do in that case?

Just now, Hamza86 said:

as per the boxes provided in the I864 the house hold size comes out to be 3 i.e me my wife and her father. I864A doesnt have any box to give the house hold size of father. what to do in that case?

You have to include everyone. Dad's wife and kids. Not just 3 ppl if you want to use the I864a because your wife and everyone else appears as dependents on the dad's taxes. It will be the Dad's taxes that will be used as supporting final documentation and because all of those ppl appear on HIS taxes, you need to include all of them in the household size. Your wife doesn't have her own taxes to present so HER household size is irrelevant.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You have to include everyone. Dad's wife and kids. Not just 3 ppl if you want to use the I864a because your wife and everyone else appears as dependents on the dad's taxes. It will be the Dad's taxes that will be used as supporting final documentation and because all of those ppl appear on HIS taxes, you need to include all of them in the household size. Your wife doesn't have her own taxes to present so HER household size is irrelevant.

i didnt get it. the i864 is being filed for my wife and i864A will be filled by her father. If my wife files i864 how can she add her mother and brothers in her dependents when her father has them in his dependents and that particular i864 is being filed for my wife? secondly father is filling i864A and it doesnt have house hold size box so as per my assumption the CO will verify that by counting the dependents in the tax return plus the house hold mentioned in the i864 by my wife that will be six. correct me if i am wrong

Edited by Hamza86

Timeline
9 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Also please advise how to show the house hold size in her I864 when the I864 asks for her dependents ? which box she shud fill for her mother and bro as her fathers dependent?

Just now, Hamza86 said:

i didnt get it. the i864 is being filed for my wife and i864A will be filled by her father. If my wife files i864 how can she add her mother and brothers in her dependents when her father has them in his dependents? secondly father is filling i864A and it doesnt have house hold size box so as per my assumption the CO will verify that by counting the dependents in the tax return plus the house hold mentioned in the i864 by my wife that will be six. correct me if i am wrong

Essentially she has to consider them as her dependents instead because they are her fathers dependents and she is her father's dependent as well and it will be her father's tax return being used as supporting evidence, not hers because she doesnt have one. 

Does your wife work at all? You may have another option...

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Essentially she has to consider them as her dependents instead because they are her fathers dependents and she is her father's dependent as well and it will be her father's tax return being used as supporting evidence, not hers because she doesnt have one. 

Does your wife work at all? You may have another option...

if she consider them as her dependents that will be misinformation and incorrect becoz they are not here dependent. no she never worked and she even sent an explanation to nvc that she cant submit her taxes as she never worked

7 minutes ago, Hamza86 said:

if she consider them as her dependents that will be misinformation and incorrect becoz they are not here dependent. no she never worked and she even sent an explanation to nvc that she cant submit her taxes as she never worked

You're issue is a complicated one and you keep getting stuck on things that are irrelevant.

Essentially your wife is not going to be considered a financial sponsor AT ALL because she has no income at all but USCIS still requires her to be financially responsible for you as her husband which is why she is the original sponsor on the I864 and is bound by the legal implications of it. It is the DAD'S income alone that is being considered ENTIRELY as the income reported on the I864 so the household size that must be disclosed on her I864 is HIS HOUSEHOLD size. The dad, dad's wife and kids would be claimed in Part 5 Question 7 as "4". 

Her income would be $0 in Part 6 Question 7 and Dad would be listed in Part 6 Question 8. 

You can do it the way I explained it above or you can file two seperate I864s which may be easier for you to understand:

1) Wife files I864. Claims $0 for income. Checks box 25 stating she did not file and writes statement as to why. Household size is 2.

2) Dad files his own I864. Claims his income from his tax returns and provides his tax returns as evidence. Household size is 6 (You, your wife, dad, dad's wife, two kids).

You are complicating things more than they need be.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/15/2019 at 8:35 AM, Hamza86 said:

I have join sponsor(my wifes father) who has a income of 45k approx annually

If the CO considers the baby on the way the total household size is 7, that would require $48,762 to meet the MINIMUM income requirement--I suggest that you get another co-sponsor.

36 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

If the CO considers the baby on the way the total household size is 7, that would require $48,762 to meet the MINIMUM income requirement--I suggest that you get another co-sponsor.

I agree. And that would dependent would be input in Part 5 Question 4 of her I864.

Timeline
On 3/17/2019 at 1:53 AM, K1visaHopeful said:

You're issue is a complicated one and you keep getting stuck on things that are irrelevant.

Essentially your wife is not going to be considered a financial sponsor AT ALL because she has no income at all but USCIS still requires her to be financially responsible for you as her husband which is why she is the original sponsor on the I864 and is bound by the legal implications of it. It is the DAD'S income alone that is being considered ENTIRELY as the income reported on the I864 so the household size that must be disclosed on her I864 is HIS HOUSEHOLD size. The dad, dad's wife and kids would be claimed in Part 5 Question 7 as "4". 

Her income would be $0 in Part 6 Question 7 and Dad would be listed in Part 6 Question 8. 

You can do it the way I explained it above or you can file two seperate I864s which may be easier for you to understand:

1) Wife files I864. Claims $0 for income. Checks box 25 stating she did not file and writes statement as to why. Household size is 2.

2) Dad files his own I864. Claims his income from his tax returns and provides his tax returns as evidence. Household size is 6 (You, your wife, dad, dad's wife, two kids).

You are complicating things more than they need be.

If i file two i864s it will be rejected by CO as the house hold member himself is the join sponsor. i confirmed this from uscis. Also confirmed it from people who got rejected becoz they didnt submit i864a

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.